Josh Smith does not

Great hands on the TD catch! Ball was slightly behind him came through some traffic and he snached it out of the air kept his balance and out ran Dawg secondary to the end zone. Very athletic pay!

It was beautiful

I said it when we recruited him. Many doubted him. Kid was an absolute playmaker in high school that no one could stop along with great coaching from CAK.

I believe Josh Smith has a future in the NFL if he continues to progress. In his interviews I like his attitude. He seems like a "No BS" type of dude. 👍

The kid just knows how to find the open spot. He was doing that in previous years but he would get to amped or something and drop it. Or maybe he was thinking ahead. He really just knows how to find the free spot in the defense. You can see the speed as he outruns all the secondary. He has really good hands, that's why previous years and drops hurt what people thought of him. He was finding open spots those years. He works his butt off and it's paying off.

receive enough credit. The kid is a play maker. He runs great routes, has great hands, and is a lot faster than people think. He is clutch. That catch he made on 4th down and the run to the end zone was exceptional. Without it, TN loses the game. He always seems to make a play. He is TN's best receiver in my opinion.:rock::rock:

I posted Friday on the "Josh Smith is our best receiver" thread that I felt "...in these old bones..." that Josh would make a difference in the Game Saturday. In the famous words of my man, Witch Doctor, "Bones never lie". BTW, where IS Witchy these days? I hope he's O.K. Witchy, are you out there? Let us hear from you....

I would take him all day long over the other 5 star average receivers on our team. He could be a clutch receiver in the NFL.

IMHO, he will be, 74.... The best route-runner we have, hands down.....I mean.., well, you know....

Was a hell of a play, But all of the receivers played good yesterday. they made JD look good. If thy played like that in all of that in all of the games, were 5-1 or 6-0. and talking about how great CBJ is, and not how he cant coach.

Now if we can shore up our Defense.

Shore up, indeed. Start with Tackling 101, especially our DB's. Gotta be the worst tackling secondary in the country. I don't get it.... How can one play at this level of college football and not be able to tackle and cover??

Great hands on the TD catch! Ball was slightly behind him came through some traffic and he snached it out of the air kept his balance and out ran Dawg secondary to the end zone. Very athletic pay!

That pass was pretty hot too. Great catch and run. Very impressive.

Hey bigbadvol you are exactly correct! I have been wondering why they haven't been getting ball to playmakers like josh, Wolfe and Pearson! These guys are our bread and butter and have been missing in action! I hope coaching staff sees what we all have been seeing! Short 5 to 10 yard passes to these guys and sky is the limit ..,

Found your "Vol fan card"...thought you might want it back. :wink2:

The one receiver we can count on to make a catch

Very ironic considering the stone hands he had as a freshman. Guy gets open all the time but the type of drops he had typically affect confidence. I'm glad he's been able to move past it to be one of our most reliable receivers.

VN Store

Back