Josh Pastner has no interest in playing Tennessee

They demolished the interior a few years ago in preparation for the Bass Pro project.

Really? I had heard awhile back that they were maybe going to demolish it. I saw a few good concerts there. Amazing that a building like that was outdated in just over 10 years. I'm glad they're at least keeping it.

Really? I had heard awhile back that they were maybe going to demolish it. I saw a few good concerts there. Amazing that a building like that was outdated in just over 10 years. I'm glad they're at least keeping it.

It wasn't outdated, but it wasn't designed to accommodate an NBA Team. It was a nice venue but the upper level seating was too steep IMO.

It wasn't outdated, but it wasn't designed to accommodate an NBA Team. It was a nice venue but the upper level seating was too steep IMO.

That's what I mean by being outdated though. It didn't have the suites and all the amenities of the modern day NBA arena. The Pyramid just had the misfortune of being built at the wrong time. Wait another 10 years and it would be where the Grizzlies would be playing.

Here is what I consider our main rivals (and being a Cards fan all 37 years of my life I feel like I am speaking for a lot of our fan base).

1. Kentucky
2. Cincinnati
3. Pittsburgh
4. Syracuse/UCONN

Mempiss was a rival in the 80s but times have changed and we are even keeping Cincy on our schedule even after we leave for the ACC.
Here's some help.:thumbsup:

Here's some help.:thumbsup:

I agree. I live in Memphis and it actually sad what the school has become as far as others such as UL, and Cincy passing them up. But imo they sold their soul to the devil. Cal ruined a lot for them, including football. They gave him too much control and they have paid for it since.

To clarify. I was merely stating that pitino was wanting to stay in the Big East instead of going to the ACC. Clear?:good!:

Get what you're saying now, but pitino said this? I never heard that, and see no reason why he wouldn't wanna join the ACC.

You got a link to pitino saying this?

Get what you're saying now, but pitino said this? I never heard that, and see no reason why he wouldn't wanna join the ACC.

I wouldn't doubt it. Cal didn't want to join the Big East when Memphis could have joined back in the early 2000's. Why? It was easier. But what Pitino doesn't realize maybe, is UL isn't just a B-ball school anymore.

Pitino has been very vocal about wanting to stay in the Big East. Allows him to keep playing teams like CIncy, UConn. ACC will be the better league, but Pitino seems to prefer the matchups in the BE.

Yea kind of my point, should've clarified I guess. I thought you were inferring he recently said this, as in post catholic schools bouncing, Rutgers etc etc. he made most of the comments last year when the big east was still largely intact.

I don't think if you asked him now he'd say he preferred the big east in its current state, that was all I was saying.

Understood. My point by posting all this was to the Mempiss fan that said Pitino thinks Mempiss is a rival opponent when #1 they haven't been a rival since the 80's and #2 if he did it doesnt matter if he did because he is not the A.D. and doesn't matter what pitino really thinks.

Understood. My point by posting all this was to the Mempiss fan that said Pitino thinks Mempiss is a rival opponent when #1 they haven't been a rival since the 80's and #2 if he did it doesnt matter if he did because he is not the A.D. and doesn't matter what pitino really thinks.

Since the 80's? You're reaching bro, you don't have to lie to support your idea.

Pastner would be better served to keep playing UT rather than Louisville. He's had and will have much better success against UT rather than Louisville. He'll be lucky to beat Louisville 1 out of 5 times as long as Pitino is there. Pitino will coach circles around him.

Pastner would be better served to keep playing UT rather than Louisville. He's had and will have much better success against UT rather than Louisville. He'll be lucky to beat Louisville 1 out of 5 times as long as Pitino is there. Pitino will coach circles around him.

Yeah. Pitino even owned Calipari when he was at Mempiss. That's why he went to pUKe so he can get even.

Hell yeah, Pastner owns Counzo so far.

I wish we could play UT every week.

Louisville is always a tough opponent and Pitino is a HOF coach and all around good guy.

VN Store

Back