Josh Pastner has no interest in playing Tennessee

You just did and constantly respond to my posts. Make up your mind. I know it's hard to do with a Memphis education though.

You're just mad because Memphis broke it off inside your Bobcats earlier in the season.

If you think Pastner is bad, you must loathe Jim Christian. Took a team that returns everyone from a Sweet 16 trip and pilots them to an 8-5 record so far.

I bet that guy could fall in a barrel of tits and come out sucking his thumb.

You're just mad because Memphis broke it off inside your Bobcats earlier in the season.

If you think Pastner is bad, you must loathe Jim Christian. Took a team that returns everyone from a Sweet 16 trip and pilots them to an 8-5 record so far.

I bet that guy could fall in a barrel of tits and come out sucking his thumb.

He gay?

How can you have a rival when you've never been in one conference for more than 5 years. Memphis has moved around more than a foster child on crack!! Great Tradition!!

Memphis would fit in nicely with the OVC. Basketball team would contend for the OVC Title most years and the football team would be a good middle of the pack program in the Ohio Valley.

Reactions: 1 person
I hope we give him a huge reason to not want to play us tonight. I hope we come out strong and take the Tigers down big.

How can you have a rival when you've never been in one conference for more than 5 years. Memphis has moved around more than a foster child on crack!! Great Tradition!!

Memphis would fit in nicely with the OVC. Basketball team would contend for the OVC Title most years and the football team would be a good middle of the pack program in the Ohio Valley.

Lets be honest, C-USA wasn't much of a conference, and neither is the artist formerly known as the Big East. Memphis goes to where they know they can win and won't have to play anybody. I would too though if I had Pastner who can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I'm a Memphis fan...I want a break in the series.

It was good to have a break in both the Louisville and Mississippi series.

What are you talking about??? Tired of getting that azz whipped? Breaks in those series were not good for Memphis. B/S!!

I've lived here all my life and graduated from UT and Memphis State (literally....it was Memphis State then). So, I know a little about Memphis rivalries....they like to beat all of those schools....Louisville, UT, and Ole Miss. Ending games with any of these schools is not a good move on Memphis' part.

:hi:

So this memphis troll has 3000 posts on his 2nd or 3rd biggest rival board, how many on the 1st or 2nd biggest rival board?

Reactions: 1 person
Says the coach whose team got booed at home against Lipscomb. I haven't cared about UM basketball since the Larry Finch era, so my feelings aren't hurt.

Josh Pastner has no interest in continuing UT-Memphis series » govolsxtra.com Mobile

"We will not play Tennessee anymore as long as I'm the head coach and I'm doing my scheduling," Memphis coach Josh Pastner told the News Sentinel on Monday.

...Pastner replied, "No, I have no interest in doing it in Nashville on a neutral court, either."

Pastner said "...The rival game for our fan base, our city, is Louisville, not Tennessee."

Honestly as a Louisville fan I don't want to play Mempiss and a lot of my fellow fans share the same opinion. Our rival is UK and we are in talks with Indiana as well. That would make more sense as rivals for us especially since there's a lot of fans of both teams that live in the Louisville area. No one here gives a rats ass about Mempiss.

Here is what I consider our main rivals (and being a Cards fan all 37 years of my life I feel like I am speaking for a lot of our fan base).

1. Kentucky
2. Cincinnati
3. Pittsburgh
4. Syracuse/UCONN

Mempiss was a rival in the 80s but times have changed and we are even keeping Cincy on our schedule even after we leave for the ACC.

I would love to schedule a basketball/ football series between Louisville and Tennessee and include the women in that. We have had some interesting bball games between the men's teams.

We can call it "The addidas Classic":)

Last edited:
Lets be honest, C-USA wasn't much of a conference, and neither is the artist formerly known as the Big East. Memphis goes to where they know they can win and won't have to play anybody. I would too though if I had Pastner who can't coach his way out of a paper bag.

I think Memphis has no choice on where to go...I wish they could come to the Sec but we kno that will never happen ever...I believe he jus out coached Cuonzo...

Honestly as a Louisville fan I don't want to play Mempiss and a lot of my fellow fans share the same opinion. Our rival is UK and we are in talks with Indiana as well. That would make more sense as rivals for us especially since there's a lot of fans of both teams that live in the Louisville area. No one here gives a rats ass about Mempiss.

Whatever...

What are you talking about??? Tired of getting that azz whipped? Breaks in those series were not good for Memphis. B/S!!

I've lived here all my life and graduated from UT and Memphis State (literally....it was Memphis State then). So, I know a little about Memphis rivalries....they like to beat all of those schools....Louisville, UT, and Ole Miss. Ending games with any of these schools is not a good move on Memphis' part.

:hi:

last i looked we've won three straight...next season Memphis will play UL, Cincy, UConn, Temple, Nova, Georgetown, Marquette, etc...scheduling wont be an issue until 2014...so we have plenty of time to work that out...now after 2014, we could bring the series back.

don't tell pitino that, he likes us just fine...

Dave Hart said Tennessee will play a neutral site game in Memphis if they don't agree to a series "we're gonna have a presence in Memphis".

Dave Hart said Tennessee will play a neutral site game in Memphis if they don't agree to a series "we're gonna have a presence in Memphis".

you could play at the Landers Center in Southaven...but our contract forbids any other college teams from playing at FedExForum unless its a pre/post season tourney...

VN Store

Back