Josh Heupel's time allotment as HC

How long do you think he will be here as head coach?

• Three years

Votes: 125 19.3%
  • Seven years or less

Votes: 286 44.1%
  • Seven years or more

Votes: 252 38.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

volsknx

The only people who dislike winners are losers!
What is Volnation's guess, as Heupel's time frame as our head coach? Anyone think he will be here for 10 years (as Fulmer stated the next coach should be)? I personally think he will be here three years maybe four at most. I think he will be our Matt Luke. Weather the NCAA storm and sanctions then be replaced. After all we have been through the last twelve years, I hope I am wrong and he is winning and thus here for the long haul.

He is here until he fails or attempts to go chase greener grass.

No idea how long either would take...

Reactions: tbh
VN needs to remember the rule that some VN fans have created. Regardless of how bad the situation is, if a HC doesn’t win big in year 3, then there is NO WAY they will be any good.
Well that’s because it’s mostly true. Now if the sanctions are severe enough, then Heupel certainly deserves more time to get the program on the right track. But for the most part, you can tell by year three whether or not the coach is going to be successful long term.

Last edited:
Man, IknoxvolsI, your choices suck on that poll.

I mean, "7 years or less" includes everything from 1 day to 7 years, 364 days (unless you're rounding off).

"Three years" is one very specific part of "7 years or less" ... so if I think he's gonna last 2 years, I vote "7 years or less," and if I think he'll go 4 years, I pick "7 years or less," but if I he's gonna go exactly 3 years, I pick "3 years." Seems dumb.

On top of which, "7 years or more" includes some of the same possibilities as "7 years or less," because any outcome in that 7th year fits both answers.

Dude. You don't need a degree in math to get these time-based poll responses right. Just a little common sense.

Go back to being a gator fan, you make more sense that way. :)

Basketball is rubbing off on everybody.

Don't be so negative. If you don't like the thread, don't open it or don't vote.

Reactions: 24/7vol
That is a hard question to answer because of his offense. We have never had a offense like this we have always been this boring clock eating offense that over the last decade has just looked absolutely dazed and confused. If his offense clicks it could change the mindset of this football program in a heartbeat. Offense brings confidence and like I have said if it clicks you could see us do what we are not expected to do. I have been watching Tennessee play football for 31 years and I can promise you this confidence has never been a problem but having a product on the field to match that confidence has. If you think this fan base is hard to deal with now let his offense click and be able to score on anybody in the country and watch us become unbearable to deal with. Like I said offense brings confidence and we haven't had it in a very long time JMO.

There is talent on this offensive team this year. The defense is highly suspect with no proven LBs and pass rushers. Some very good recruits at LB last year seem to be growing into D linemen. Maybe we get some help from incoming transfers, but the D looks pretty grim at this time. Even if the starters are decent, there is no depth to rely on at LB.

Reactions: GetYouSomeofThat
It seems that everybody was stating the same thing with Pruitt right up till he lost to Ga St (and BYU).

First time he runs the spread/RPO from the one, are we gonna go ballistic?

What is Volnation's guess, as Heupel's time frame as our head coach? Anyone think he will be here for 10 years (as Fulmer stated the next coach should be)? I personally think he will be here three years maybe four at most. I think he will be our Matt Luke. Weather the NCAA storm and sanctions then be replaced. After all we have been through the last twelve years, I hope I am wrong and he is winning and thus here for the long haul.

A better question would be: how long will this board take to realize that you are a troll.

He’s already done. Can’t ‘cruit. It’s just a matter of time now.
. He’s just a placeholder till the next coach I honestly doubt he has one winning season while he’s here and it won’t be his fault really. This program is nuked and cratered for years to come nobody can come in here now and win right now.

I'm going to guess that he will get a couple of Mulligans so long as the team appears to be competing better on the field. If he hasn't done something to make fans and recruits believe by the end of year 4... he won't make it.

VN needs to remember the rule that some VN fans have created. Regardless of how bad the situation is, if a HC doesn’t win big in year 3, then there is NO WAY they will be any good.
As long as that rule is considered as "gospel", this team will never be relevant again. Continual change and chaos in a system based on constant change of player personnel will always be a recipe for failure.

VN Store

Back