Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

If they hire Heupel, Neyland will be a ghost town. There is no juice in that hire. It will be like keeping Pruitt as far as the gate goes.

I can't imagine this being true based on what I know to be fact. The contract being drafted today was for an offer that had been in the works for a few days. Heupel doesn't make sense.

For those of you that doubt the bold part, I will gladly email Freak (or a mod of his choosing) proof of my contact when this is over. While I have never been given a name of any coach in the search, let it suffice to say that my information comes from someone in the room when the contract is/was signed.
But you just don't know who it is?

Again, the "insiders" are mentioning any coach with a pulse. No one actually knows who is in the mix.

So you think an AD can pretty much get whomever they want?

I think making an AD the second highest paid AD in the country, letting him spend $120,000 on a search firm, and then him hiring the same coach that he hired at his last non-P5 school, is about as far below expectation as humanly possible.

I think making an AD the second highest paid AD in the country, letting him spend $120,000 on a search firm, and then him hiring the same coach that he hired at his last non-P5 school, is about as far below expectation as humanly possible.

You obviously just don’t get it. You can’t just make coaches accept a job.

I am not excited about this, but I vehemently disagree. He was the worst possible hire.
The coaches certain posters get excited over wont take the Tennessee head coaching job with the dark cloud of NCAA punishment hanging over the football program.

And I think it tells you 100% where we are at as a program. Few want to admit it. We are hot garbage. Thank CJP and CPF.

Reactions: wmcovol
6 million in buyouts for two guys from a directional school. lololol.

This is were we are.

Heupel = severely underwhelming.

Termination within 4 years.
Probably 6-8 years, This is US....We did not hire and pay White to hire Heupel.

Will he pass the litmus test

Reactions: Border Vol

You're on fire. Excellent points. White will earn all the negativity he gets for this moronic hire.

Reactions: Orange Swagger

VN Store

Back