Josh Heupel emerges (old thread)

Just because same yayhoos are talking about coaches doesn’t mean they are an actual candidate. it’s certainly not justification for your thread and how you stated it.
I’m not saying that, but I think it was from the media, and even though media is reporting wrong stuff, it could’ve been rumors. It could’ve been put as a rumor. When I heard Les Miles, I got excited about it, and wanted to know about other opinions as well.

When you start out 12-1, it’s tough to go up though. I’m going to say that it’s hard to make a definitive statement one way or the other after those 3 years, especially with all the weirdness associated with this last year being one of the 3.

All the way down to 6 wins this past season. He’s declined each season since he took over, and I’m not overly excited seeing the ucf fan base hoping that we steal him away. IMO, terrible hire if it happens.

Reactions: loservol
All the way down to 6 wins this past season. He’s declined each season since he took over, and I’m not overly excited seeing the ucf fan base hoping that we steal him away. IMO, terrible hire if it happens.

They played a short season, and had a bunch of opt outs just before they season started. Before those players opted out they were the preseason favorite to win the conference over Cincinnati and were ranked in the top 25.

6 wins in the weird covid year with only 10 games. With a full schedule, that’s probably 8 or 9 which is still a downward trend, but citing the 6 number is misleading.

They played a short season, and had a bunch of opt outs just before they season started. Before those players opted out they were the preseason favorite to win the conference over Cincinnati and were ranked in the top 25.
The last thing I want to hear is excuses for hiring someone. G O___G E T___K I F F I N ! ! !

Reactions: patrick
6 million in buyouts for two guys from a directional school. lololol.

This is where we are.

Heupel = severely underwhelming.

Termination within 4 years.

Last edited:
Great Post. He is a very good offensive coach and we are a program this past decade that is forgettable and now facing possible smack down by NCAA. I for one will support whoever they hire. GBO. In CHRIST Alone

I keep thinking maybe DW is leading us off the trail, but would he really throw his former HC under the bus as a smokescreen? That part doesn't add up to me....

I keep thinking maybe DW is leading us off the trail, but would he really throw his former HC under the bus as a smokescreen? That part doesn't add up to me....
Has it occurred to you that Josh Heupel may be hired on Wednesday?

VN Store

Back