Josh Dobbs

I’m arguing for
Dobbs based on watching him play for 3 years. You argued against it and used the Raiders game as an example. I desperately want to accept you’re point of view but need a few details about this game to confirm the information. Surely you watched his performance in this game since you have such a strong opinion of his performance.

And yet you didn't even know he played in the Raiders game, and you misremembered his ONE play in the Ravens game. So call me crazy if I find your stance suspect.

Then he needs to refocus his energy on getting better in practice, because he's clearly not getting it done the other six days of the week.
You sure about that? Do you watch the practices ? If not then you do not know what you are talking about. Dobbs came in late and right now is just insurance if injuries happen to Minshaw and Foles.

And yet you didn't even know he played in the Raiders game, and you misremembered his ONE play in the Ravens game. So call me crazy if I find your stance suspect.
I do not keep up on him each game because he is not a starter. The one play he came in and made a critical 3rd down conversion was widely reported in the Pittsburgh media. I read several articles on it

You sure about that? Do you watch the practices ? If not then you do not know what you are talking about. Dobbs came in late and right now is just insurance if injuries happen to Minshaw and Foles.

Do you? You seem to have a lot to say about the Steelers' evaluation processes.

I don't have to watch practice to know that if Dobbs were tearing it up in practice he wouldn't be inactive every week. If he went out there and proved he was better than Minshew he wouldn't be an insurance policy for a 6th rounder. I don't need to scout their practice to know that, because I know that, whether or not the Jags' staff are good coaches, they are not idiots and want to remain employed. I know the same thing about Tomlin's staff in Pittsburgh, who saw enough of Dobbs to conclude he was expendable.

Reactions: Bash
I don't have to watch practice to know that if Dobbs were tearing it up in practice he wouldn't be inactive every week. If he went out there and proved he was better than Minshew he wouldn't be an insurance policy for a 6th rounder. I don't need to scout their practice to know that, because I know that, whether or not the Jags' staff are good coaches, they are not idiots and want to remain employed. I know the same thing about Tomlin's staff in Pittsburgh, who saw enough of Dobbs to conclude he was expendable.

Careful, he'll pull out Tom Brady and Kurt Warner in a minute....even though Brady was starting by the end of his second season.

Do you? You seem to have a lot to say about the Steelers' evaluation processes.
Not really. I believe Dobbs will be productive if he ever gets on the field for a full game. Regarding the Steeler’s evaluation successes, many on Volnation seem to think the Steelers are making mistake after mistake. I do not know.

He is insurance this year because he came in after the season started. If he is just on the practice squad it means he is running the offense of the opposing team in practice. He is not getting reps with Jacksonville’s first team. My opinion is I hope Dobbs will get the chance to play a full regular season game some day. Based on what he did at Ut I believe he can be a productive Qb.

He is insurance this year because he came in after the season started. If he is just on the practice squad it means he is running the offense of the opposing team in practice. He is not getting reps with Jacksonville’s first team. My opinion is I hope Dobbs will get the chance to play a full regular season game some day. Based on what he did at Ut I believe he can be a productive Qb.

He's not on the practice squad. He's a healthy inactive.

He's not on the practice squad. He's a healthy inactive.
Someone posted on this thread he is on the practice squad. Anyway he probably does not get many reps with the first team. A guy stuck behind two more heralded Qb’s with one of them being a Qb who beat Brady in the SB means that he will not likely get a chance until both are unable to start because of injuries.

Someone posted on this thread he is on the practice squad. Anyway he probably does not get many reps with the first team. A guy stuck behind two more heralded Qb’s with one of them being a Qb who beat Brady in the SB means that he will not likely get a chance until both are unable to start because of injuries.

Minshew is a "more heralded QB"?

Yes, when bad NFL franchises are brought up, the Pittsburgh Steelers are near the top of the list.

Also, I must have missed the other 30 NFL teams falling over themselves to get Dobbs.

Ah, classic small brain thinking... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Kurt Warner either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Tom Brady either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Steve Young either... You need to get rid of that mentally retarded mindset you have that because a commodity is not sought after by other organizations that typically make poor decisions, that commodity has no value... Absolutely genuinely and completely mentally retarded on your part...

I didn't say the Steelers were a bad franchise... I said they've made poor personnel decisions the past 10 years, which is a quantifiable fact... Their drafts have been mostly terrible, with a few exceptions, and they get fat every year on the weakest or 2nd weakest division in football... Mike Tomlin is a poor football coach, and gets literally out coached by just about every one in big games they play...

2 of their wins this year are the Bungles, lol, the 4-7 Chargers, the 2-9 Dolphins, the Rams coming to the east coast, and the Colts with something called a "Brian Hoyer" at QB (whatever that is)... And the Steelers still let him throw 3 TDs and post a 105.9 passer rating... Winning those games against some dumpster fire teams, they still only have a +4 point differential... Lol and lol... Enjoy the direction that team is trending, I know I am...

Careful, he'll pull out Tom Brady and Kurt Warner in a minute....even though Brady was starting by the end of his second season.

Nailed it.

Ah, classic small brain thinking... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Kurt Warner either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Tom Brady either... There weren't 30 NFL teams falling over Steve Young either...

Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I guess your a better authority on him than the JAX or Steelers. They must not like smart , running QB’s with great character and good passing ability. Or maybe he is still a below average passer?
I have answered your inquiry on other posts. Check them out.

VN Store

Back