Josh Bone transfers to Tennessee

My point is I'd rather have someone who goes all out 100% of the time rather than someone who is lazy, or unathletic, etc but 'knows the game'

Yeah - I understand. Skimmed over it initially - but I still stand by my point - just didn't need to quote yours since it basically had nothing to do with it.

As long as Bone is actually going to be a walkon and hasnt been promised a scholarship when one becomes available then i have no problem with this at all. i just dont want him tying up one of our future scholly's because we can get much better caliber players than him.

Daniel West is in school on his own dime; and will be on scholly after this semester.
Bone is a good addition to the roster who may play his way into a scholly.

sweet.....we will be able to press teams and actually matchup with smaller teams

hey vol nation

i am from Bristol Tennessee and i moved to Southern Illionis a few yrs ago

i have seen Josh Play as a Saluki and he has some talent

his Defence needs alot of work but he can shot the 3 ball when he is on . i have listed his stat below

Southern Illinois Season Box Score (as of Mar 22, 2007)
All games

RECORD: OVERALL HOME AWAY NEUTRAL
ALL GAMES........... (29-7) (13-0) (10-4) (6-3)
CONFERENCE.......... (15-3) (9-0) (6-3) (0-0)
NON-CONFERENCE...... (14-4) (4-0) (4-1) (6-3)

## Player GP-GS Min--Avg FG-FGA Pct 3FG-FGA Pct FT-FTA Pct Off Def Tot Avg PF FO A TO Blk Stl Pts Avg

04 Joshua Bone........ 20-0 188 9.4 15-46 .326 8-30 .267 2-2 1.000 5 13 18 0.9 17 0 9 2 0 5 40 2.0

He left siu cause he stated he would have a hard time challanging for a position on the team and then Southern had 2 players leave due to reasons beyond the court. but overall i think with Coach Pearls coaching style Josh will turn in to be a good pick up for UT ...............

Last edited:
Basketball IQ is one of the most overrated 'qualities' about a basketball player. I'd rather have a Negedu who has about 0 'basketball iq' everytime over someone like Tanner Wild, Hubert, or your boy Bone.

No there is nothing wrong with an athletic scrapy player, he can contribute. Answer me this how many players like negedu have been a hands down great college basketball player. Think of some of the greats that have played this game, college or nba, and didn't have a great basketball IQ....

I garuntee you there are 10 to 1 more who did. Basketball IQ Overated....u gotta be kidding me

Look at jajuan smith....he was a walk-on. And he is one of hell of a shooter....this bone kid played at southern illinois....so i think he may be able to contribute.

No there is nothing wrong with an athletic scrapy player, he can contribute. Answer me this how many players like negedu have been a hands down great college basketball player. Think of some of the greats that have played this game, college or nba, and didn't have a great basketball IQ....

I garuntee you there are 10 to 1 more who did. Basketball IQ Overated....u gotta be kidding me

Ok and answer me this, how many just very intelligent and high basketball IQ players with no athletic ability have become great players? In order to be great you have to have both, but you see alot more good players in the game get away with having little basketball IQ but very athletic, than those with high IQ and no athletic ability. Look at players like Stephon Marbury, or Latrell Sprewell or Dennis Rodman, or hey heres a local guy Scotty Hopson or JP Prince. All of these guys are very good athletically but make dumb mistakes with the ball and make dumb mistaked period, and dont have the high baskeball IQ. Now on the flip side, I'm willing to guarantee JP Prince or Scotty Hopson all will have more of a basketball career than Dane Bradshaw did or than Steven Pearl will. Those are guys with sky high basketball IQ(maybe not Pearl) but vey little athetic ability. The point is, more players make basketball a career by being very athletic than those who just have basketball IQ's. Those types of players usually end up doing other things than basketball, like Dane is now.

Bone is a 2 Guard. He played at Brentwood Academy when Brandon Wright played there. The kid can fill it up if he gets on a roll. I don't think we've seen the last of West. He will be playing next year

dang i forgot about wright.... he reallly fell off the face the earth. good choice on his part

I'm from Southern IL. Main reason Bones quit the team was cause he wasn't getting much playing time in the exbition games, and he wasn't starting. he is slow after having a broken leg his freshmen year, I believe. He a very streaky 3 point shooter. He will have games where he will make shoots, But he requires a lot of playing time to get off. and sometimes it can be way to late to get him warm up. His defense wasn't great. and with him being slow only thing, he can do is stand at one spot wait for the ball and shoot and hit 20% of the time cause the SEC is going to kill him.

If nothing else, he'll be a walk-on. He is replacing Tanner Wild in the rotation, so we have nothing to lose here.

No offense to Tanner intended here - just using his playing time as an example.

VN Store

Back