Josh Bone transfers to Tennessee

This team sure is/will be a random mix of transfers, recruits, and walk-ons. Will Bruce ever have a team that is nothing but his recruits?

Hmm, a guy who couldn't cut it playing for a coach who demands defense and toughness. Well, UT probably is the right place for him.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

oh i thought he was shorter i stand corrected.

BA played a lot of high caliber teams in that 2005-2006 season. He held his on against some d-1 caliber guards and some great teams. I know they beat that Bolivar team with Kemp and Chism twice.

Bone can flat out shoot the basketball. He was part of that BA team that won 4 state championships, The City of Palms Championship and the Arby's Classic. Brandan Wright was their best player, but Bone was easily the second best player on that team. I've watched him play many times, and he is a great scorer when he gets a decent look.

HUH??? If he is walk on great but he certainly doesn't look like a shooter. Looks like he may be good with the ball in that he doesn't have many turnovers but thats really the only thing I see that stands out.

Year GP-GS Min/Avg FG-FGA Pct FG-FGA Pct FT-FTA Pct Off-Def Tot Avg PF-FO Ast TO Blk Stl Pts/Avg
2006-07 20-0 188/9.4 15-46 .326 8-30 .267 2-2 1.000 5-13 18 0.9 17-0 9 2 0 5 40/2.0
TOTAL 20-0 188/9.4 15-46 .326 8-30 .267 2-2 1.000 5-13 18 0.9 17-0 9 2 0 5 40/2.0

Last edited:
i guess,i cant imagine him better than maze tabb and west next year, and as a 2 guard i rly cant imagine him being better than hopson or tatum.

thats a good point but talent does get throw into the mix because with your theory of basketball iq we would have tanner wild running the point and steven pearl playing the 3 because there basketball iq and probaly overall iq is about twice that of maze and princes

thats a good point but talent does get throw into the mix because with your theory of basketball iq we would have tanner wild running the point and steven pearl playing the 3 because there basketball iq and probaly overall iq is about twice that of maze and princes

since when has it been established that Tanner Wild and Steven Pearl have basketball IQ?.. Overall IQ has nothing to do with basketball IQ

Good! I think Bruce can coach up the lower ranked guys into better players than some of these blue chippers we currently have....

well only time will tell,im hoping he is good and can be a key contributor. unfortunately basketball IQ can only take you so far though. i just cant stop wondering as to why he would give up a scholly to come walk on and have to pay, i understand he can earn a sholly butnot if there isnt one to earn he cant. so if he is so good like people on here are saying then why not transfer to another school that is just as good maybe better than tn and ge a guaranteed scholly from them. im just not really geting that,maybe im missing something.

The one difference between Bone and Tatum, Hopson, Maze, etc. that isnt listed in his stats... Basketball IQ

Basketball IQ is one of the most overrated 'qualities' about a basketball player. I'd rather have a Negedu who has about 0 'basketball iq' everytime over someone like Tanner Wild, Hubert, or your boy Bone.

i couldnt agree more, you see alot of impact players who have tons of talent but little basketball IQ. on the flip side you rarely see impact players who have hardly any talent but high basketball IQ. the greats have both, but the majority of impact players have more talent than they do IQ.

Josh Bone is not great what-so-ever, but he is just as talented as any other guard on our roster and has a higher bball IQ.. he wont take up a scholarship so if nothing else he can replace Tanner Wild or Michael Hubert's spot on the bench and be there if we need him in case we, o i dont know, dont seem to be getting any production from our guards

Basketball IQ is one of the most overrated 'qualities' about a basketball player. I'd rather have a Negedu who has about 0 'basketball iq' everytime over someone like Tanner Wild, Hubert, or your boy Bone.

Yeah - but Negedu has IQ period unlike some of our players like Hopson and Tatum and Prince. Even if it's not 'basketball IQ' - he doesn't make as many stupid plays as the other guys.

Edit: didn't see you were talking about the walkons till now - but still stands I guess. Prince/Hopson/Tatum may have been in the game awhile - but they make dumb decisions while Negedu doesn't turn it over when he's in there.

Last edited:
now i can agree with that and wouldlike the fact of getting him as a walk on and keeping him as that. i just dont want him to take up any possible scholarships that we may havein the future. but yes, if he can come in and be a walk on and be there and contribute as a walk on then ill take that no questions asked.

Yeah - but Negedu has IQ period unlike some of our players like Hopson and Tatum and Prince. Even if it's not 'basketball IQ' - he doesn't make as many stupid plays as the other guys.

Edit: didn't see you were talking about the walkons till now - but still stands I guess. Prince/Hopson/Tatum may have been in the game awhile - but they make dumb decisions while Negedu doesn't turn it over when he's in there.

My point is I'd rather have someone who goes all out 100% of the time rather than someone who is lazy, or unathletic, etc but 'knows the game'

VN Store

Back