Jordan Walker Welcome

Welcome to lady vol territory Jordan.
Hopefully things will calm down in
America and we can see some good
Bball games.

Reactions: krichunaka
Walker recently completed her undergraduate degree from WMU with a major in political science and minor in communications. At Tennessee, she intends on pursuing a Master of Business Administration degree with a concentration on entrepreneurship and management. After college, she hopes to play professionally overseas – following in the footsteps of her father, Jarvis Walker – with the desire to coach one day and go to law school.

She's not kidding around with her choice of grad programs. An MBA is hard enough, and that's without trying to fit basketball in around it. Seems like she's equally driven off the court as she is on the court 👍

would never have expected that so many new-normal offers and acceptances by mid-July and how few had official visits as was normal recruiting just a year ago.

anything Jordan Walker brings on the court will be an unexpected bonus, and I am a big fan of using all available scholarships so the team is prepared to cope with the inevitable things that happen in a season, like injuries
Or COVID.

Her three point shooting equates to 48 percent from the two which is good enough to keep teams honest and have to guard her on the perimeter. Her two point shooting wasn't very good probably took a lot of ill advised shots and shots under pressure around the rim. I watched some of her high school footage she is a quick guard that can get to the basket and will be a nice change of pace for Jordan Horston. I hope she can learn to become more of a distributor as we have some really great and efficient scorers. I don't think we need her taking double digit shots per game like she did at WMU. Her 480 shot attempts is a lot more than any Lady Vol on the roster took last season.

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Her three point shooting equates to 48 percent from the two which is good enough to keep teams honest and have to guard her on the perimeter. Her two point shooting wasn't very good probably took a lot of ill advised shots and shots under pressure around the rim. I watched some of her high school footage she is a quick guard that can get to the basket and will be a nice change of pace for Jordan Horston. I hope she can learn to become more of a distributor as we have some really great and efficient scorers. I don't think we need her taking double digit shots per game like she did at WMU. Her 480 shot attempts is a lot more than any Lady Vol on the roster took last season.
Really hope she can be a real asset to the team. Not playing in the MAC though. We will see, at least she brings some mature leadership.

Her three point shooting equates to 48 percent from the two which is good enough to keep teams honest and have to guard her on the perimeter.

I have to disagree. Teams don’t look at that stat when deciding to closely guard a shooter. They look at the actual three point percentage and at 31% They will make her prove she can hit at a higher percentage.

Reactions: mcannon1 and lfvol
I have to disagree. Teams don’t look at that stat when deciding to closely guard a shooter. They look at the actual three point percentage and at 31% They will make her prove she can hit at a higher percentage.

On this Bbnut and I agree completely

She was a volume shooter where she was and will have to change that mindset here....She too 208 shots to make those 66 that is 31.7 percent,...She has proven she can and will take the shot, now work on efficiency instead of volume...I'd much rather have 45 out of 100.

Reactions: lfvol
Congratulations Ms. Walker, and a big Welcome To the top, Rocky Top. Greatest Success to you, and just do your thing young Lady, do your thing.

Well you can ask the the team that left her open for 7 made 3s in one game how that worked out lol

Reactions: GameTime
Well she can be hot and cold on the shot. some games she was like 7 for 8 and another 1 for 9. It won't matter to me if they guard her or not out there as at 32 percent I am open to her taking a few shots but not like she did at WMU. We certainly have more three point shooters coming in this season than we've had in any past season. Getting someone the open three that can actually make it is what I care about and we have the players this time around. What I would like to see from Walker is more distribution on the dribble drive. She is a very quick player has a great floor game getting to the basket and finishing with a score is at this point problem for her. Driving and dishing I think would be the best way she could help Tennessee.

On this Bbnut and I agree completely

She was a volume shooter where she was and will have to change that mindset here....She too 208 shots to make those 66 that is 31.7 percent,...She has proven she can and will take the shot, now work on efficiency instead of volume...I'd much rather have 45 out of 100.
No need for her to take 208 threes at Tennessee. If she could make 32 out of a hundred that would be a huge upgrade over what we've gotten from the perimeter from the point guard position in the past. 32 percent makes her a weapon from there only three percentage points off what Westbrook averaged here and like you say with less shots she may have a better average or may not still I accept 32 percent considering what has happened there the last couple seasons. The big concern is reeling her in no way she can shoot it 460 times here no one we have on the roster has ever come close to that many shots.

Really hope she can be a real asset to the team. Not playing in the MAC though. We will see, at least she brings some mature leadership.
Before her injury in high school she was highly recruited by big 10 and ACC schools. After her injury she said Western Michigan was the only school that stayed consistent in contact with her. She committed to them before her final year of AAU. She played her final year of AAU signed and committed to WM. She reports that BCS schools got interested again but she never entertained. I have no doubt she will be able to hang and compete at the sec level and provide solid minutes for a role player. I think she can come in and provide solid 10-15 minutes a game with moderate assist and minimal turnover. We are not going to need her to a scoring guard right a way.

Reactions: Bret178
No need for her to take 208 threes at Tennessee. If she could make 32 out of a hundred that would be a huge upgrade over what we've gotten from the perimeter from the point guard position in the past. 32 percent makes her a weapon from there only three percentage points off what Westbrook averaged here and like you say with less shots she may have a better average or may not still I accept 32 percent considering what has happened there the last couple seasons. The big concern is reeling her in no way she can shoot it 460 times here no one we have on the roster has ever come close to that many shots.

Jordan Horston was 27 of 90 for 30%,,,so 2 percentage points isn't much of an upgrade at PG at all,If Jordan had taken 208 she would have made 62 at 30%...only four less than Walker made.

Kinda puts it in perspective,,,,Maybe Jordan should have shot 200+ threes

Reactions: lfvol
Forget all this stat stuff....The girl can hit the 3, and that will open up everyone else. Stay positive guys...
Stay-Positive-300x300.jpg

Jordan Horston was 27 of 90 for 30%,,,so 2 percentage points isn't much of an upgrade at PG at all,If Jordan had taken 208 she would have made 62 at 30%...only four less than Walker made.

Kinda puts it in perspective,,,,Maybe Jordan should have shot 200+ threes

Neither work. The hope would be that Horsten improves. This kid was consistent both years at a lower level and doesn’t shoot free throws very well for a guard. I agree that neither should shoot more than a hundred unless they are in the upper thirties in makes.

Forget all this stat stuff....The girl can hit the 3, and that will open up everyone else. Stay positive guys...
Stay-Positive-300x300.jpg

I'm not being negative GT,,,Just give Jordan her due

Walker shot
38.5% (185-of-480) from the field,
31.7% (66-of-208) from three
60.8% (59-of-97) from the free-throw line

Horston shot
39.4% (127-of-322) from the field
30% (27-of-90) from three
59% (32-of-54) from the free throw line

very comparable!,,,less volume

Look folks, I'm glad to have her, She provides an immediate depth at a position that had none, I don't expect her to be the panacea, I only want her to be able to spell Jordan and play the PG spot...And she is more than capable of doing that

I'm pretty sure that Walker will only play point guard. Would you agree with that?

If that is the case, how many minutes would you say Walker will get? I doubt she transferred to Tennessee is she thought she was going to get limited minutes.

It was ONE game. Without that game she would have shot 29.9%...lol.

Which would be about 1% off what Rutgers shot as a whole... LOL (yep we shot poorly too however I’m not downplaying the young lady). I don’t think anyone on that team hit over 4 in a game. So yes we welcome her one game as an indication of what CAN happen.

When I first saw the 29.9% I thought that you were saying that was Rutgers win record vs the LV but then I realized that would probably be too high 😂

Reactions: Only1COJ
I'm pretty sure that Walker will only play point guard. Would you agree with that?

If that is the case, how many minutes would you say Walker will get? I doubt she transferred to Tennessee is she thought she was going to get limited minutes.

I see a possibility of Walker playing the 1 and Horston sliding into the two as an experiment as well.
I think she will get about 7-10 min per game starting off

VN Store

Back