Jordan Horston

Jordan Horston will be fine. Her biggest problem is mental. Part of that is because she puts too much pressure on herself. She is just a sophomore who did not have a true spring but she has already grown tremendously from last year. Mental maturity comes faster for some players then others. Key was having some of the same problems earlier in the season when she would pick up quick fouls. You could see the frustration on her face and you could tell she was going to struggle mentally most of the game. I know a lot don’t want to hear this but every since Jon came back from quarantine she has gotten better every game. I think Key loves the big matchups because even as a freshman she has always outplayed or played dead even with the majority of highly touted bigs she’s faced. I think we sometimes forget Key and Horston are just sophomores with a lot of room to grow.
THIS
Great post! If K and H grow as much soph to Junior as RB.look out!!

You're as "influential to this org as any staff member or coach is".
As much as CKJH ?

giphy.gif

Reactions: sisaq
LUBALLER - You are only making assumptions as far as reading her reactions on court. Every athlete and person for that matter is different in many ways including how they react and what that reaction means. There are a lot of great players that show frustration and anger in different ways. For some it affects them negatively and some it's a positive. II could show you clips of 100s of athletes who have similar actions not all mean the same. You've never seen some of the great baseball players throw their helmet, yell at the ump after a strike out ? What appears to be immaturity to you might be her way of expressing herself and fixing what she did wrong. I've played with guys who would shake their head say WTF go silent - They aren't weak or immature it was their process. If you just walk away accepting the mistake you won't get better. That's not to say some players who exhibit the same reactions aren't affected negatively

I see the same thing as Coach does. She has too much talent and currently isn't allowed to use her whole arsenal maybe because she's the PG position. She looks like she is putting everything before shooting.. The stats kind of show that. I wish there was a way KJH could integrate Jordan more into the offense with Rae and Davis, kind of like how the warriors used Green, Steph and Klay or the Celtics Walker, Tatum and Brown.
Very true and what I stated was just my opinion. I was not bashing Horston and in fact was defending her. My point was that she still has room to grow and we sometimes forget that she is a sophomore that did not go through a full spring with her coaches. With that being said, rewatch the games because her body language speaks volumes in the games she has struggled and that is a maturity issue that will come with time. Does it happen every game? No. But we would be lying if we said it doesn’t happen. Horston is an excellent athlete and is very competitive. You can tell she just wants to win but she’s also still learning and growing in one of the toughest conferences in Women’s Basketball.

I can’t speak for how Kellie should use her since I don’t see practices. From a pure game day standpoint, I’ve felt like she has tried to integrate her more this year then last. Rae and Rennia are the only ones with more field goal attempts.

We, I included, do not know the inner workings nor the outer manifestations these athletes go through each game...Some have nagging minor injuries, some have internal goings on and some are indeed affected by the social media garbage about them...I can tell you that Jordan is NOT one of the kids affected by what we say. True, family members can also read this board, but Jordan doesn't and won't,,,She is smart enough to avoid listening to the doctors and psychologists that patrol this and other sites. You don't know Jordan's mental state, nor her physical state unless you are one of the family I have yet to meet.

These are 18-22+ year old young women. They are still growing and maturing...How about we leave it at that

Jordan is the type of athlete that you "release" and let her play to her unbridled limits, only pulling the reins in or guiding at very precise times,,,,the more you control a player like that the more they fight both inwardly and outwardly,,,I wish Coach K would see this and just let the child do what got her to the #2 player in the land a couple of years ago.

I am the same way, in my coaching and in my work environment, , , I learn differently than others and I take risks that others are scared to take. The world of VolNation told me that I would never be an influence or have a shot at coaching, summer or otherwise, for this org...But here I am 5+ years later, as much connected and influential to this org as any staff member or coach is....And my advice to those who read me,,,Let Jordan run and watch her win races for you

Delusional much? I would delete that last bit when you come down from whatever you’re smokin.

I can't go into details without jeopardizing what I have built,,,all I will say is, my saying that doesn't make it true, conversely, others saying I am delusional, doesn't make that true either.

I know who I know and I know more about the inner workings than I let on.

I will leave it at that,,,Do not wish to hijack Jordan's thread any longer and since the "Coach Jumper" thread was deleted,,,guess we'll just have to let it play out

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Add Jordan Reynolds, Mercedes Russell and on and on. It's very sad, and must be devastating for Holly as well. I call it the Jamie Nared Trail of Tears. It's exactly why I can't hate on Evina, or anyone who got out and were able to salavge a bit of a career, or stayed, like Davis and revived a career. Lots of kids paid for the terrible decision to stick it out with Holly.

Give the devil his due. Geno's halftime adjustment slowed Rae's roll and they played good D on Davis the whole game. Again, for the umpteenth time, I have to defend Davis. She was not able to 'take over' late in the game, largely due to good D but I don't know that I'd call 11 pts 9 rebs 3 assists and a block with no t.o.s 'not answering the call'.

Playing out of position. JH being asked to play a position that highlights her weaknesses. Also yes, she's emotionally fragile and I've said till I'm blue in the face this is all awful for her development. I don't blame Kellie though, at least not directly. She's had no choice, has been scrambling on the PG front since Jazz left. Did the best she could getting Walker and Salary but always knew and said the situation was not ideal. She's trying to patch it together just enough to get by.

That said, I think she has an important decision to make right now. Do you continue to damage JH by setting her up to struggle? She's definitely talented and you want her on the floor, and has played well at PG just enough to make it tantalizing to play her there, at least part time. It might make sense at this point, however, to move her to off guard and see if it helps her shooting pick up and restores some confidence for her.

This depends on having an alternative at PG. I still have some hope Walker and Salary might be just good enough to get by, I think its all going to be situational, driven by match up and by who has a hot hand. Defin.itely less than ideal
Defend Davis if you will but she simply does not show up in a lot of games. Is she talented, no doubt. I would like to see more consistency from her. Many people seem to see her as our go to player, many times she does not seem to meet that expectation.

I can't go into details without jeopardizing what I have built,,,all I will say is, my saying that doesn't make it true, conversely, others saying I am delusional, doesn't make that true either.

I will leave it at that,,,Do not wish to hijack Jordan's thread any longer and since the "Coach Jumper" thread was deleted,,,guess we'll just have to let it play out
I agree with the bolded part 100%. The question is, is it objectively true ?
The answer to that is obviously a no.

Reactions: T_Vol376

Coach, I really like your new ride....
I saw you riding/flying through Pigeon Forge last week....LOL.

You're a good man Coach! Your secret identity is safe with me.
ArtisticSameAphid-size_restricted.gif

Coach, I really like your new ride....
I saw you riding/flying through Pigeon Forge last week....LOL.

You're a good man Coach! Your secret identity is safe with me.
ArtisticSameAphid-size_restricted.gif
what can I say, GT...you know me best on here,,,If someone is looking for a dogfight,I'm like ol smokey, I don't bite to leave teeth marks, I bite to bring blood.

Nice gif by the way,,,let me tell you about my other car,,,,

Reactions: GameTime
She had a bad night,but she can't let the define her..
I Do not know her assist to turnover ratio is this year compared to last year, I would like to see those data as well as the offensive production when she I’d playing compared to Burrell’s and Davis’.

In 23 minutes, she was 1-11 field goals....
0-2 for 3 point shots....
4 turnovers....
Total 2 points for the night...

Sorry guys, I'm not going to cheer for that...She's a sweet girl, but she had a horrendous night on the hardwood....

Did she quit competing. Did she hang her head and check out. Did she continue to hustle and play hard D. Those are the things you should cheer about. That's what winners do. Be glad that after going 1 for 10 she took the 11th shot and that there is not quit in the lady.

I Do not know her assist to turnover ratio is this year compared to last year, I would like to see those data as well as the offensive production when she I’d playing compared to Burrell’s and Davis’.

I can give you the team's up to date efficiency ratings and asst/to ratio
temp001.png

Reactions: luballer
Did she quit competing. Did she hang her head and check out. Did she continue to hustle and play hard D. Those are the things you should cheer about. That's what winners do. Be glad that after going 1 for 10 she took the 11th shot and that there is not quit in the lady.

Orange, I'm not saying she is a bad person, or that she quit....I said she had a horrendous night, and she did. It can't be sugar coated...

I'm sure she is a wonderful person, but points are not given for being a wonderful person...Maybe next time she will be all world, but in this game she was not.

This thread title is just her name...It does not say "appreciation thread." People have bad nights, it happens.

The great Tina Charles for UConn didn't put it all together until the second half of her junior season. Sometimes it takes time to develop or for the " light " to come on. According to others, there was a little bit of stubbornness involved.
Jordan is playing out of position and she will get there.

PS Tina Charles developed a productive hook shot.

Orange, I'm not saying she is a bad person, or that she quit....I said she had a horrendous night, and she did. It can't be sugar coated...

I'm sure she is a wonderful person, but points are not given for being a wonderful person...Maybe next time she will be all world, but in this game she was not.

This thread title is just her name...It does not say "appreciation thread." People have bad nights, it happens.

And, admittedly, she had a tough outing. But I still would rather have her on my team, than to have to face her...Bad games I can take, bad players you can take

Again, didn’t watch the 2nd half, but they lost to the number 3 team in the country, however will likely somehow be number one by tournament time 🙄, by a handful of points. Just do t get why a whole thread is dedicated to tearing down the player with the highest ceiling on the team.
After every game there is plenty of blame to be shared. Jordan was not in when they had an offensive rebound at the end of the first quarter and could’ve held for the last shot and a minimum 3 point advantage. Instead a quickly fired ball and a score on the other side. The point? This falls on more than Jordan. But what also falls on this team is they may have played this team closer than any other team in the nation will play them this whole season.

Reactions: VA_VOLFAN

VN Store

Back