Jordan Brand Classic

Holly finally manages to snag a #1 recruiting ranking.... from the weakest, most unimpressive class in years. It's so Holly it hurts....

This is about as ridiculous as gule passing judgement on our incoming class because of a freaking all star game... As if (your opinion of) the talent level of an entire class should somehow minimize Westbrook?

There is enough valid criticism of Holly Warlick without having to manufacture crap like this.

Reactions: 9 people
Holly finally manages to snag a #1 recruiting ranking.... from the weakest, most unimpressive class in years. It's so Holly it hurts....

Actually the 2016 class had 21 players with a 98 ranking and so does the 2017 class so their is no evidence that this class is weaker than any previous class. Our class has three player with a 98 ranking and one with 95 and we really filled in the areas where we were hurting point guard and a backup post. The fact that two players that were unable to play last year will play this year makes the additions to this class dynamic and expectations are extremely high. I wait and see if Holly can meet the expectations of the fans with the talent she has. If she can't she has to move on this is the most talent assembled on a Tennessee basketball team in years.
If you are saying the talent in this class is weak I think you will find to be badly mistaken as you can't base performance in a season on an All Star game or games.

Reactions: 2 people
This will be her most talented team I think this team will be really good we were missing a quick real point gaurd we have 3 . We were missing a back up post we have 2 I think kk and cedes will be the fives and green and Jamie at four only makes sense for PT with Dunbar purposes then diamond and Davis and Jackson at 3.with Jackson and Davis splitting minutes whoever is playing better gets more that game . Westbrook and tea at one .hayes and Middleton at 2. It's loaded but if I'm the coach I simply say your earn or it's not given but the freshman will see minutes to be guest they are better then a couple returning players

And the ad needs to be looking at the coaches body of work and not what a fan thinks because this school has drove away some good coaches. Martin for one that's freshman on my mind

Martin? bwhahhaahaha.. He was terrible, got lucky at the end at UT then showed how really bad he is at U of Cal.

Actually I think that honor belongs to the 2016 class ! They really did not do a lof of big things... 2017 class has yet to play.... Destiny Slocum was the National Freshman of the year and Sabrina Ionescu I guess were tops and they did some damage but not like freshman in the past... there was really no stars in the 2016 class... holly doesn't need a star for next year she needs depth which she got.

I don't disagree last year's class was weak. Time will show this class to be even worse IMO....

Darth, you remember when I gave you my assessment of Kushkituah. When people were saying if Mercedes left that she could come in and take up her duties. Some posters don't watch these recruits in high school and or aau tournaments. You can't get caught up in the rankings. What they did in high school doesn't matter. You can't say this player is an upgrade from this player, because that player hasn't been put in a situation where this player has. They're filled with unknown. How are they ball handling facing a full court press? How about a three-quarter court press? How do they the handle being doubled or tripled teamed. How will they do in a zone if they can't drive it to the basket? Before you say they're good shooters beyond the arc, most of the team were good shooters in high school but are now struggling. Can they play defense without using their hands? Can they keep their person in front of them. What happens when they play players that are as big or even bigger and stronger than they are?

Darth, you remember when I gave you my assessment of Kushkituah. When people were saying if Mercedes left that she could come in and take up her duties. Some posters don't watch these recruits in high school and or aau tournaments. You can't get caught up in the rankings. What they did in high school doesn't matter. You can't say this player is an upgrade from this player, because that player hasn't been put in a situation where this player has. They're filled with unknown. How are they ball handling facing a full court press? How about a three-quarter court press? How do they the handle being doubled or tripled teamed. How will they do in a zone if they can't drive it to the basket? Before you say they're good shooters beyond the arc, most of the team were good shooters in high school but are now struggling. Can they play defense without using their hands? Can they keep their person in front of them. What happens when they play players that are as big or even bigger and stronger than they are?

your assessment of Kushkituah? A lot of players with high recruiting rankings turn out not to be great in college--we've seen that first hand with more than a few players. Some players physically dominate in high school/aau but don't have the skill set to really excel in college; others have skills but lack the athleticism needed to be special in college.

your assessment of Kushkituah? A lot of players with high recruiting rankings turn out not to be great in college--we've seen that first hand with more than a few players. Some players physically dominate in high school/aau but don't have the skill set to really excel in college; others have skills but lack the athleticism needed to be special in college.

A few months back Darth asked about Kushkituah, a lot of posters were saying she was not a project and she could come in and contribute right away, but they'd never seen her play before. I posted, She's going to be a project. Don't expect her to start right away. Has to get better offensively posting. She has to be more aggressive and demand the ball. Right now she's using her height to score and that's not going to fly when she gets to college.They're going to have to teach her how get on the block and seal her man and play through contact. She has a habit of disappearing too. Defensively, she has work on moving her feet. Going to work on defending the area around the basket. Get better with her man to man defense.

A few months back Darth asked about Kushkituah, a lot of posters were saying she was not a project and she could come in and contribute right away, but they'd never seen her play before. I posted, She's going to be a project. Don't expect her to start right away. Has to get better offensively posting. She has to be more aggressive and demand the ball. Right now she's using her height to score and that's not going to fly when she gets to college.They're going to have to teach her how get on the block and seal her man and play through contact. She has a habit of disappearing too. Defensively, she has work on moving her feet. Going to work on defending the area around the basket. Get better with her man to man defense.

So, in other words, big and slow and not very skilled. The game has largely passed this type of center. If you are not quick with your feet and possess some skills, if you plod....you are a project.

So, in other words, big and slow and not very skilled. The game has largely passed this type of center. If you are not quick with your feet and possess some skills, if you plod....you are a project.

I have no idea as to the skill level of Kushkituah, although I know a lot of coaches wanted her obviously, but one thing I've heard plenty of those same coaches say over the years - you can't teach height.

VN Store

Back