Jordan Brand Classic

In KK's defense. I saw her and most of the girls in the Airport on Tuesday. She looked tired then too lol.

Based on the two All Star game you can at least determine an opinion of where the players are right now and what they need to work on.
Westbrooks is a very good all around player that will stuff a stat sheet with several assists, rebounds, points, and steals per game. She is ready for college basketball.
Hayes must become a much better shooter her offense seems to be limited to drives and short shots around the basket. She doesn't seem to have much of an outside game. She is a very effective ball handler and willing to pass the ball to the open player.
Davis has a nice looking shot but she is really needing to up her intensity and aggressive play to help much as a freshman. I think she is going to be able to be an effective scorer in a team situation not able to show much in the All Star type of play.
KK seems to be out of shape and will need a lot of work in the post. Very glad Mercedes came back KK probably want play much as a freshman.

If I was making a depth chart right now:

PG-Cooper, Westbrooks, Hayes
SG-Deshields, Middleton
C-Russell, Harris, KK I don't expect Harris or KK to play much probably go four guard when Russell goes out.

PF-Green, Dunbar
WF-Nared, Jackson, Davis Jackson will need to be improved can't have her throwing up bricks like last season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Kk will play about 15 mins a game to relieve Russell she will also be there all summer she will be in better shape and if she works with Mercedes in the summer she will have better moves as well I believe she will be solid but green and Mercedes will mostly with kk providing those minutes for rest. Westbrook is the most ready right now and Davis has to get strong but she will be more stronger she reminds me of Bonner and Hayes will have to be a better shooter I agree ,so tea will be starting

She has played pretty good!

Did anyone else notice Westbrook guarding Megan Walker! Looks like in both all star games Westbrook is trying to prove she should be number one instead of Walker!!!!?? I like her attitude towards guarding her on defense and playing under control on offense and not forcing anything or making foolish plays. I think we have a player !!!
It's going to be interesting to see how Westbrook & Walker develop in college. Westbrook certainly did look better in this game.

It's going to be interesting to see how Westbrook & Walker develop in college. Westbrook certainly did look better in this game.

Every athlete has that moment when they realize they can play at that level.,,I think Westbrook just realized playing against Walker that she is just as good if. Not better!

This attitude is all showing when one athlete knows they have beaten the other athlete. Take DD when she played against Davis! From their childhood DD knew who is the better player and Davis knew this also.....

You could see it in the eyes and body language of Williams when Cuevis from South Carolina had her beat in the championship game. The coach knew it to! The game was over for her....she had given up!

This mind set for Westbrook will serve her well in the near future. Just hoping that light comes on for the other rookies sooner than later. If they turn on this year you can look out ....we are on our way!👍

Reactions: 2 people
Based on the two All Star game you can at least determine an opinion of where the players are right now and what they need to work on.
Westbrooks is a very good all around player that will stuff a stat sheet with several assists, rebounds, points, and steals per game. She is ready for college basketball.
Hayes must become a much better shooter her offense seems to be limited to drives and short shots around the basket. She doesn't seem to have much of an outside game. She is a very effective ball handler and willing to pass the ball to the open player.
Davis has a nice looking shot but she is really needing to up her intensity and aggressive play to help much as a freshman. I think she is going to be able to be an effective scorer in a team situation not able to show much in the All Star type of play.
KK seems to be out of shape and will need a lot of work in the post. Very glad Mercedes came back KK probably want play much as a freshman.

If I was making a depth chart right now:

PG-Cooper, Westbrooks, Hayes
SG-Deshields, Middleton
C-Russell, Harris, KK I don't expect Harris or KK to play much probably go four guard when Russell goes out.

PF-Green, Dunbar
WF-Nared, Jackson, Davis Jackson will need to be improved can't have her throwing up bricks like last season.

I think we all need to take a step back and stop penciling in Cooper as a starter. Let`s remember Cooper has yet to play a game in over a year, But i will agree there are 3 spots already filled Deshield,Russell,Nared

I think we all need to take a step back and stop penciling in Cooper as a starter. Let`s remember Cooper has yet to play a game in over a year, But i will agree there are 3 spots already filled Deshield,Russell,Nared
It will more than likely be Cooper to start the season it could be Westbrook before the season is over.

just watched the first half on the game on replay. what a dreadful performance by the east squad. Hayes showed nothing, neither did KK.

looked like nobody on the east was interested in playing.

not going to bother watched the 2nd half, :(

If we are hoping these girls get us to the FF, we better think again, imvvho

I also think holly may go small and have tea ,Westbrook ,diamond,Jamie,and Mercedes

6'0"....6'2"....6'2"....6'6"..... and anybody is not small.
But I guess we could get bigger?

Add Green and take Tea out. Average height --6.25

With Tea it is still averaging 6'0

Last edited:
Holly finally manages to snag a #1 recruiting ranking.... from the weakest, most unimpressive class in years. It's so Holly it hurts....

just watched the first half on the game on replay. what a dreadful performance by the east squad. Hayes showed nothing, neither did KK.

looked like nobody on the east was interested in playing.

not going to bother watched the 2nd half, :(

If we are hoping these girls get us to the FF, we better think again, imvvho

You're judging them by a meaningless all-star game?

Holly finally manages to snag a #1 recruiting ranking.... from the weakest, most unimpressive class in years. It's so Holly it hurts....

Actually I think that honor belongs to the 2016 class ! They really did not do a lof of big things... 2017 class has yet to play.... Destiny Slocum was the National Freshman of the year and Sabrina Ionescu I guess were tops and they did some damage but not like freshman in the past... there was really no stars in the 2016 class... holly doesn't need a star for next year she needs depth which she got.

Reactions: 3 people

This really let me know you're not a true LadyVol fan! You're what I've always suspected you to be, a TROLL! What kind of "fan" puts a negative spin on the #1 recruiting class???

Reactions: 8 people

VN Store

Back