Jones flips Foreman from Vandy to Vols!!!

If he runs a legit 4.4, I don't care if he's got an offer from the Chattanooga Institute for Pregnant Teenagers. I want him on the roster.

Exactly. Our D was too slow last year

If he runs a legit 4.4, I don't care if he's got an offer from the Chattanooga Institute for Pregnant Teenagers. I want him on the roster.

Do you want me to list every 4.4 bust that we've had the last 5 years? I mean, it's Saturday and I'm off work so I have a few hours to kill.

Reactions: 1 person
CBJ said he wanted to fence in the state and keep our in state talent here. Part of that is rebuilding relationships with local coaches, getting kids to reconsider/flip to UT and reaching out to the 2014 class. So far I`d say he`s 3 for 3.

Reactions: 4 people
Volquest just confirmed with a tweet :

Paul Fortenberry ‏@Volquest_Paul
We can confirm Malik Foreman is a Vol. Teammate Devaun Swafford to grey shirt

Do you want me to list every 4.4 bust that we've had the last 5 years? I mean, it's Saturday and I'm off work so I have a few hours to kill.

Yes I do, and while your making that list, ill make an even longer list out of our 5 stars who didnt pan out, and how many 3 stars from UT are now in the NFL. ill throw 1 out there to get it rolling.....Arian Foster (former 3* now starting AFC Pro Bowl RB this year), Oh and how did Janzen Jackson work out?

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 people
Guys, it kills me to say this, but Vandy beat us 41-18 this year. How can anyone honestly be upset by stealing two in state speedsters away who were already committed to Vandy.

OK, I initially misread what you wrote, so, I actually agree with you. :hi:

Yes I do, and while your making that list, ill make an even longer list out of our 5 stars who didnt pan out, and how many 3 stars from UT are now in the NFL. ill throw 1 out there to get it rolling.....Arian Foster (former 3* now starting AFC Pro Bowl RB this year), Oh and how did Janzen Jackson work out?

Both are exceptions, not the rule and you know it. If 3*s win championships then why isn't Bama all over this dude? Logic is your friend.

They still "currently" have a top 15 class! While this is good if he does flip to Tennessee as long as Franklin is a Vandy they will have top 20 recruiting classes and be a force in the East.

This ain't the Vandy we are used to. Its time a lot of us start seeing that. They have committed a lot of money for football facility and program upgrades.
While we spent about 30 Million on past and present coaches

Both are exceptions, not the rule and you know it. If 3*s win championships then why isn't Bama all over this dude? Logic is your friend.

Obviously i would rather have a roster of 5 stars than 3 stars, but all im saying is not too look into these star ratings, and just trust CBJ that this kid has talent, have you even watched his highlight film? All im saying is we had one of the slowest defenses i have ever seen last year, so anyone who runs a 4.4 and can play football at all should be welcomed and coached up

Reactions: 2 people
What makes an exceptional recruiter of a coach? You can look at that two ways.

One is that they will sway and bring in the very best recruits, but that is partly a function of the current image of the school itself, and how long the coach has to build a relationship with those kids. But some of those guys won't commit until NSD.

The second way, is that the coach is above average in finding and evaluating talent that may not be as obvious to less talented coaches. The latter kind of recruiter will bring in some sleepers, some less-heralded diamonds-in-the-rough. We'll see how it plays out.

bashers must consider , this is a good pickup because of :
1) speed
2) we just took him from an SEC school that beat us bad last season
3) he will qualify academically , so alreadyhe is better than lofton.
4 ) in order to 'build a fence' around the state , coaches have to make offers and take kids ...that just cant go in and just get the 5*s TN kids
5 ) Dooley left no groundwork. When Kiffen came in , groundwork was laid. Moreso for Dooley when he arrived. Butch is starting from scratch in the midnight hour of recruiting. He takes the best bets he can get now.. or he will have a short roster or be forced to fill with walk-ons.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back