Johnson already trying to poach

I just wonder why they are coming up here for recruits. There are so many recruits in Florida that you could throw a rock in a tree and a 5* recruit would fall out.

Don’t get the hate on here for FSU.

A strong FSU helps us slot more than hurts us due to them recruiting heavily against UF and not really against us.

Plus they are in another conference and helps weaken Clemson when they are strong which actually does recruit against us.

On the surface, this seems logical but it's really not. If we are top-notch recruiters, then we are going to be getting a handful of players from Florida every year. Going against Florida AND Florida State makes that task much more difficult. Also, FSU and UF play each other in the last game of the season each year. It does us absolutely no good to have FSU beat Florida besides ***** and giggles. When we get into playoff discussion/strength of schedule/compared and contrasted against other teams, we want UF to win that game (not going to be in the throes of depression if they lose obviously).

FSU is in the middle of the panhandle of Florida unlike UF. Their reach to Louisiana, Alabama, and Georgia is more marked than UF's. FSU also has a diddly squat schedule in a diddly squat conference, so you also don't want a scenario where they or Clemson become powerful at the same time and only have a loss to each other and then get a playoff bid without winning their conference.

FSU being strong helps us out in no way, shape, or form.

Last edited:
so you also don't want a scenario where they or Clemson become powerful at the same time and only have a loss to each other and then get a playoff bid without winning their conference.
I for one would like to see Clemson have some competition in their conference. Right now they have none, that's bad for college football and the Vols. I'd also rather FSU be good than Florida, who we have to play every year. If not for FSU, Florida may have had 4-5 natties in the nineties, I am also glad that didn't happen.

FSU has horrible facilities and Tallahassee sucks. Johnson made a mistake leaving here.
Must’ve gotten more responsibility, a better title that progresses his career further than he was going to here. Otherwise, you don’t leave a traditional blue blood, up and coming SEC team for the grease fire that FSU is now. And

I spent some time in Tallahassee and hung out in a few FSU campus area bars (Joey Freshwater style). The only thing more impressive than the beautiful women, is just how many there are. I have no idea about football facilities, everything else is spectacular thou.

VN Store

Back