Johnson already trying to poach

Dumbledorange

The biggest indicator of problems for FSU is actually having to recruit Tennessee. In Bowden's heyday the team was built predominantly with Florida players. Now he's got not only UF and UM to contend with but Ga., Bama, Auburn (which has always recruited NW Florida well) and Clemson are all taking FL players. Norvell better focus on Florida if he's going to be successful. This smacks of desperation.
Let's not forget Lane Kiffin's reach into FL either

WoodsmanVol

It requires wisdom to understand wisdom
Last edited:

77' Vol

Poach and Coach:
That's exactly what they Paid Johnson $$$ to do. Part of the business. FSU has good facilities and Tallahassee is a decent progressive town in a good location close to the beach.

Behr

Lone Wolf McQuade
Don’t get the hate on here for FSU.

A strong FSU helps us slot more than hurts us due to them recruiting heavily against UF and not really against us.

Plus they are in another conference and helps weaken Clemson when they are strong which actually does recruit against us.
How does me hating them less change any of that?

peaygolf

Let's Go Peay!!!!
Don’t get the hate on here for FSU.

A strong FSU helps us slot more than hurts us due to them recruiting heavily against UF and not really against us.

Plus they are in another conference and helps weaken Clemson when they are strong which actually does recruit against us.
Exacatly.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend."

LordBolton

The biggest indicator of problems for FSU is actually having to recruit Tennessee. In Bowden's heyday the team was built predominantly with Florida players. Now he's got not only UF and UM to contend with but Ga., Bama, Auburn (which has always recruited NW Florida well) and Clemson are all taking FL players. Norvell better focus on Florida if he's going to be successful. This smacks of desperation.
I would say since their new coach was already recruiting them hard, so he is just going for low hanging fruit.

VN Store

Sponsors