Johnson already trying to poach

I don't think we will have room for Williamson anyway ...
It was an obligation due to the injury. I respect the loyalty, but it’s not conducive to a productive career.

The biggest indicator of problems for FSU is actually having to recruit Tennessee. In Bowden's heyday the team was built predominantly with Florida players. Now he's got not only UF and UM to contend with but Ga., Bama, Auburn (which has always recruited NW Florida well) and Clemson are all taking FL players. Norvell better focus on Florida if he's going to be successful. This smacks of desperation.

Let's not forget Lane Kiffin's reach into FL either

Don’t get the hate on here for FSU.

A strong FSU helps us slot more than hurts us due to them recruiting heavily against UF and not really against us.

Plus they are in another conference and helps weaken Clemson when they are strong which actually does recruit against us.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bigun
somebody isnt telling the truth about the facilities. I have conflicting information.

Their former natty winning coach said they were “far behind” Clemson & other SEC schools. This was one reason he left. There were 75 million others but facilities were one.

Considering the offer list, it wouldn’t surprise me if it was Johnson’s idea to offer in the first place.

Poach and Coach:
That's exactly what they Paid Johnson $$$ to do. Part of the business. FSU has good facilities and Tallahassee is a decent progressive town in a good location close to the beach.

A strong FSU helps us slot more than hurts us due to them recruiting heavily against UF and not really against us.

Plus they are in another conference and helps weaken Clemson when they are strong which actually does recruit against us.
How does me hating them less change any of that?

Exacatly.

"The enemy of my enemy, is my friend."

The biggest indicator of problems for FSU is actually having to recruit Tennessee. In Bowden's heyday the team was built predominantly with Florida players. Now he's got not only UF and UM to contend with but Ga., Bama, Auburn (which has always recruited NW Florida well) and Clemson are all taking FL players. Norvell better focus on Florida if he's going to be successful. This smacks of desperation.

I would say since their new coach was already recruiting them hard, so he is just going for low hanging fruit.

VN Store

Back