Johnson already trying to poach

FSU has horrible facilities and Tallahassee sucks. Johnson made a mistake leaving here.

He wanted to be closer to family, which I understand. However, I think it will be a decision he regrets for a long, long time. He left when the ship just started getting wind. FSU is going to have a tough time next year, and I think it could hurt Norvell's second recruiting class. Even though Norvell did an admirable job salvaging their recruiting effort this year, they don't have a respectable class. Point being, Chuck Oliver was talking about their schedule on the radio. They go to Boise State (which is preposterous), and play West Vrigina in Atlanta. While those aren't buzz saw games, they are more difficult than the standard FCS pushovers. If Norvell has less than an eight-win season, he may have a tough time getting an elite recruiting class next year. That will put him in the hole for two recruiting classes in a row and will hurt them down the road. I was shocked to hear their talented DL didn't go to the draft. I forget his name, but I saw him mocked in the low 20s.

I don't begrudge players or coaches making moves that benefit them and their families. But I think it's fair game to analyze the prudence of their decisions. This was not a good decision for him.

The biggest indicator of problems for FSU is actually having to recruit Tennessee. In Bowden's heyday the team was built predominantly with Florida players. Now he's got not only UF and UM to contend with but Ga., Bama, Auburn (which has always recruited NW Florida well) and Clemson are all taking FL players. Norvell better focus on Florida if he's going to be successful. This smacks of desperation.

He wanted to be closer to family, which I understand. However, I think it will be a decision he regrets for a long, long time. He left when the ship just started getting wind. FSU is going to have a tough time next year, and I think it could hurt Norvell's second recruiting class. Even though Norvell did an admirable job salvaging their recruiting effort this year, they don't have a respectable class. Point being, Chuck Oliver was talking about their schedule on the radio. They go to Boise State (which is preposterous), and play West Vrigina in Atlanta. While those aren't buzz saw games, they are more difficult than the standard FCS pushovers. If Norvell has less than an eight-win season, he may have a tough time getting an elite recruiting class next year. That will put him in the hole for two recruiting classes in a row and will hurt them down the road. I was shocked to hear their talented DL didn't go to the draft. I forget his name, but I saw him mocked in the low 20s.

I don't begrudge players or coaches making moves that benefit them and their families. But I think it's fair game to analyze the prudence of their decisions. This was not a good decision for him.
Game in Atlanta could be tight.

The biggest indicator of problems for FSU is actually having to recruit Tennessee. In Bowden's heyday the team was built predominantly with Florida players. Now he's got not only UF and UM to contend with but Ga., Bama, Auburn (which has always recruited NW Florida well) and Clemson are all taking FL players. Norvell better focus on Florida if he's going to be successful. This smacks of desperation.

David Johnson is recruiting Williamson bc he already has a relationship with him. If they offer him a scholarship vs. a blue shirt it would probably peak his interest.

Look, I am very happily married and have been for 21 years. But, I attended an FSU vs Miami game, in Tallahassee, years ago and let’s just say the scenery was next level, from both sides!!
Oh yeah, about the facilities, this was probably 20 years ago but they were pretty nice back then.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back