Johnny Majors niece murdered in NYC by a 13 year old. Thankfully he will be back on the streets in a few years.

Exactly. I don’t feel the need to bring in any refugees. If 1 out of 1000 is gonna be a rapist, murderer, shoplifter, etc then that’s 1 too many and all need to stay out if that’s what it takes to get to 0.
Not a good line of reasoning since that could also be/is used to justify gun control.

Reactions: Septic
Why did they escape to egypt and later return to live in nazareth, smart guy?

Sad!
They went from one section of a country to another to lawfully comply with a government mandated census for taxation and then left to live with relatives. It’s well documented

They went from one section of a country to another to lawfully comply with a government mandated census for taxation and then left to live with relatives. It’s well documented

Wtf are you talking about? They fled to Egypt. Admit defeat

Reactions: Septic
You guys know me. I'm pretty liberal. But this is just BS. Police misconduct and inequality have nothing to do with Major's stabbing. A 13 year old kid--who was not homeless or starving--stabbed her. End of story. Let's not deprive the kid of agency.

This is a result of liberalism. Guess what libs, this guy will serve less time than the guy burnt the homo flag.

This is not a refugee situation. Judea and Egypt were both part of the Roman Empire. This would be like saying someone is a refugee if they moved from Tennessee to Texas to escape liberals terrible human and economic sucking policies. They were still citizens of the land thus why they returned for the Census.

Plus, why does wanting immigrants to follow the laws in place to a path of citizenship mean you are against them?

This is not a refugee situation. Judea and Egypt were both part of the Roman Empire. This would be like saying someone is a refugee if they moved from Tennessee to Texas to escape liberals terrible human and economic sucking policies. They were still citizens of the land thus why they returned for the Census.

Plus, why does wanting immigrants to follow the laws in place to a path of citizenship mean you are against them?
Exactly

Reactions: Bigun
Makes me sick. 13 yo kid is "too young" to be tried as an adult up there in NYC...so he will be free by the time he is 18 years old.

Meanwhile the Majors family sent their bright beautiful 18yo girl off to get a good education, instead they get her sent back home to be buried. Smdh...
I see your post septic but the facts of the matter are that a BUNCH of liberal BS policies lead to this tragedy, and the results that will come for the little bastards that did it too!!!

Where were the parents? They DO bear some responsibility for their VERY minor son being out in a public park stabbing people to death. Blame goes to them too.

Why wasnt she armed and able to defend herself? Shes a country girl. Oh yeah...liberal gun free zone. So they knew she would be helpless to defend herself.

Where was NYPD??? She STUMBLED up the stairs out of the park bleeding to death and collapsed on the sidewalk. A campus security guard found her and called 911...

Why not hold the kid over until 16 and try him as an adult??? You can bet your arse that if this happened in Texas they would. He may even face the death penalty too...he is old enough at 13 to know right from wrong. There was an accomplice also.

So what justice will there be for this tragedy? She is gone. So her family is ruined. Mama and Daddy never be happy again. Period. Many times this leads to divorce for the parents also because they simply cant handle the grief. Kills their marriage and sometimes their will to live altogether...but at least there will be justice, right????

Nah. It will be 4 or 5 years in juvey....then the kid will be right back on the street. Harder than he was when he went in...and full of new ideas he learned from all the other little felons locked up with him. Smdh...

I made a thread about this but erased it when I saw this one. Think of my own daughter looking at those pictures and it pizzed me off!!!! I would personally be waiting for him the day he walked free if it was my daughter. He would face the same fate as my poor little daughter did, at my hands. Makes me sick. Makes me sick man

First of all, she's not a "country" girl as you believe. I know the family personally. She's the daughter of Johnny's nephew, Inman, who is a college professor. Like MOST Americans, they probably don't own a gun, although knowing Inman personally, he likely has one at his home for protection. I seriously doubt he would want his daughter carrying one nor would she want to carry one. You absolutely have no idea in your suppositions about this family. While they will never get over this, they are a happy family and it won't lead to divorce. Your post is filled with unfounded claims

It was all part of the Roman Empire. They left where their family was and where more Jews lived. After they legally followed the census. Like I said.

I don't think you know what a refugee is. You're trying to say Jesus wasn't an illegal immigrant, which seems correct. But he is a refugee. Katrina refugees are refugees even if they don't leave the US. Refugee immigrants are legal in the US, just FYI. A refugee is someone who fled their home. Jesus, Joseph, and Mary fled their home.

Do you regret starting this off like a smartass yet?

It was all part of the Roman Empire. They left where their family was and where more Jews lived. After they legally followed the census. Like I said.

Back a way slowly and hope more reality doesn't blacken your other eye.

Lol. I’m not the one comparing Jesus to lawless refugees and invaders.

What I think atheists fail to consider is if there really is a God, and a savior. Hell will be an eternal resting place. I would much rather error on the side of caution than to continue condescending rhetoric. Are we to believe human lifeform started from a speck or simple cell? Where did the speck come from? I'm guessing this is covered in the bible thread, if so please point me in the right direction.

I think there’s a disconnect on two different events that are converging in the Jesus/refugee discussion. When they returned to Bethlehem for the census, that was when Christ was born as we know. So no, not a “refugee” at that time. Few knew little of the birth of Christ till much later. It wasn’t until later when King Herod ordered the Massacre of the Innocents - all male children under the age of TWO (significant in that it gives an idea of the length of time that had already passed since his birth) to be killed - that Jesus was sent away for his protection.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
I think there’s a disconnect on two different events that are converging in the Jesus/refugee discussion. When they returned to Bethlehem for the census, that was when Christ was born as we know. So no, not a “refugee” at that time. Few knew little of the birth of Christ till much later. It wasn’t until later when King Herod ordered the Massacre of the Innocents - all male children under the age of TWO (significant in that it gives an idea of the length of time that had already passed since his birth) to be killed - that Jesus was sent away for his protection.

The confusion has nothing to do with the timeline of events and everything to do with the definition of the word "refugee".

VN Store

Back