John. Wilkerson is the best play by play guy in the State.

Nope.
he knows where the bodies are buried and has kissed the right rings to hang around.
we have accepted below average quality in many positions at UT for many reasons.
he’s just one more example.

Actually, he is the most obvious example.

BK is still better than other SEC guys. And he is not bad in Basketball. But for some reason, he just does not click in football. It is nothing personal. He seems like a decent guy.
Ditto. Maybe I just miss Ward too much, big part of many childhoods

For those who say the don't get the Bob hate. Nobody hates him. He is just lousy at his job. His job is to paint a picture of what is happening on the field, court and relay the score and time remaining. He fails at each of those. He is paid by UT but he tries too hard to remain neutral. He's awful at his job.

If he ever got fired, I'd simy say "what a turn of events".

For those who say the don't get the Bob hate. Nobody hates him. He is just lousy at his job. His job is to paint a picture of what is happening on the field, court and relay the score and time remaining. He fails at each of those. He is paid by UT but he tries too hard to remain neutral. He's awful at his job.

If he ever got fired, I'd simy say "what a turn of events".

You KNEW Ward wanted Tennessee to win. He was not a cheerleader though. BK is a bucket of cold water.

He is better than Mike Keith. He has an extreme likeability factor going for him too.

I have come across him a few times when he and Hyams are on location. Two times that come to mind were at the Alcoa Hooter's and the old Maryville Food City. I agree with the extreme likeability factor. And he does a great job on play by play. While I still feel Keith is better than Kesling, I would take Wilkerson over Keith.

VN Store

Back