John Fulkerson Injury

I highly doubt he plays Friday, but I like the gamesmanship by Barnes. Don't play your hand. Make Oregon State prepare for two different styles of basketball.

I mean, just saying, wouldn't it be weird if he somehow avoids concussion protocols altogether? Let's be honest, if we're playing by the book, Fulk is done for the season OBVIOUSLY. But I've seen no indication that he's being treated for a concussion.

I mean, it'd be cool if Fulk gets to play again this season, but what if that would have happened to, say, Cade Cunningham, and we as UT fans feel he shouldn't be playing in the tournament?

Reactions: Lankykong
I mean, just saying, wouldn't it be weird if he somehow avoids concussion protocols altogether? Let's be honest, if we're playing by the book, Fulk is done for the season OBVIOUSLY. But I've seen no indication that he's being treated for a concussion.

I mean, it'd be cool if Fulk gets to play again this season, but what if that would have happened to, say, Cade Cunningham, and we as UT fans feel he shouldn't be playing in the tournament?

Concussion protocol calls for removing a person from loud noises for a few days. No chance he’d been at the game the next day with a concussion imo

Concussion protocol calls for removing a person from loud noises for a few days. No chance he’d been at the game the next day with a concussion imo
Yeah, that's my concern.

Am I dumb for suspecting that Fulk obviously has a concussion and really should be done for the season?

He clearly had a concussion. He was wearing earplugs at the game, and at one time was shown laying behind the bench shielding his eyes from the bright lights with his hand and a towel draped over his head.

We need to bombard the UF Florida AD and the SEC office. Jennings punishment vs. Payne is not even close.
I sent a well written response to Randy Boyd, Plowman, AD, and Boyd’s assistant and got a bunch of rubbish and one sentence stating they are handling it privately. I’ll believe that when I see it!!! Those clowns clearly do not understand in the power of public persuasion!

Reactions: cardvolfan
He clearly had a concussion. He was wearing earplugs at the game, and at one time was shown laying behind the bench shielding his eyes from the bright lights with his hand and a towel draped over his head.
I sense that UT is strategically skirting the rules. I don’t like that if true.

shoudnt have been there if so and yea bright lights is another issue.

He was wearing ear protection from what I heard.

Sure and at times he was shielding his eyes too but it’s the other times that is an issue if he had a concussion

my guess is he tested fine on the concussion test and the other other stuff was just precautionary

I’m late to the party.

Reactions: PEPPERJAX
Care to elaborate? Why don’t you like it?
Because there are good medical reasons to not have guys with concussions on the sideline, enter games before official protocols are finished, etc.

For the record, I think he had a concussion

Concussion? Probably, but not all concussions are the same severity. UFC fighters take 50 plus shots like the ones Fulky took.

I'm still hoping he can play.

multiple elbows taken to the noggin resulting in skull fracture(s) and presenting with a black eye afterwards is a traumatic causation.

a concussion is a given in this circumstance.

this young man's long-term health is the major concern.

his psyche from not being able to play will heal as will the rest of his body if given the appropriate time off

JF has given his all for Tennessee

Last edited:
SEC should suspend him for the first 3 SEC games next year. Can’t let something like that happen in your own tournament without any consequences.

Reactions: tarvol73

VN Store

Back