John Fulkerson Injury

Way back when, we had a guy playing DB who took a shot at our qb as he was a couple of steps out of bounds. Lost him for the next game and it cost us a shot in the playoffs. Next season the same guy was playing WR. He came across the middle and had a pass go off his hands. Took several steps then he got clocked. Worth every damned one of the 15 yards of the penalty.
Off topic, but anyone old enough to remember the Steve Largent payback hit on Mike Harden?

Reactions: tennrich1
Football has targeting rule and players are padded up. The refs were going by the rules. It's up to the SEC or NCAA to go beyond that. I think next year we'll have some kind do targeting type rule in basketball. Maybe a flagrant III foul or something. Something for intentional injury.
That's it... we'll gettem next year.

Reactions: Daymark
Objective question about Fulk. All year many posted on here that he wasn’t performing near to last year and some even posted he was a “liability” and should be replaced in the lineup. Now I am reading lots of posts about how we aren’t doing anything in the tournament without him. Did one single good game on highly emotional senior day flip outlook? I mean they were able to get a 15 point lead into the second half against Bama without him.

Objective question about Fulk. All year many posted on here that he wasn’t performing near to last year and some even posted he was a “liability” and should be replaced in the lineup. Now I am reading lots of posts about how we aren’t doing anything in the tournament without him. Did one single good game on highly emotional senior day flip outlook? I mean they were able to get a 15 point lead into the second half against Bama without him.
Did you not think he had started playing better the last few games? Looked like some of his energy was returning to me. JMO

I have no question that with Fulkerson, we beat Alabama, The loss of him shortened our bench tremendously, especially in the post. While Uros played well enough (actually better than I anticipated), Fulkerson minutes are more valuable than his. Also, I don't think Gaines would have been in there on the play where he was fouled. He was pulled in entirely in place of Vescovi to prevent the player he was defending from scoring. That would have be Fulky normally. Gaines did a great job and did get the block and the ball, but we all know what happened next. Fulkerson would have made a huge difference in the Alabama game. I'm confident we win that one with him.

I have no question that with Fulkerson, we beat Alabama, The loss of him shortened our bench tremendously, especially in the post. While Uros played well enough (actually better than I anticipated), Fulkerson minutes are more valuable than his. Also, I don't think Gaines would have been in there on the play where he was fouled. He was pulled in entirely in place of Vescovi to prevent the player he was defending from scoring. That would have be Fulky normally. Gaines did a great job and did get the block and the ball, but we all know what happened next. Fulkerson would have made a huge difference in the Alabama game. I'm confident we win that one with him.
Got it. Hopefully he can play some.

IIRC, Florida and the SEC has said the matter is over and they are moving forward with no suspension etc. I think THEY FEEL once he was disqualified from that game, the penalty had been enforced. I do believe some sort of penalty should be issued to discourage that type of thing whether overtly or subconsciously. Of course, Fair comes in the fall with rides and games as we know so don't expect anything further.

If this was football he would be out a minimum
Of the 1st half of his next game. By the rules. But these guys don’t wear helmets and I get heat of game but when you throw one elbow then a moment later throw a round house velocity laden elbow...The 2nd one was pre meditated IMO.

Reactions: tennrich1
Off topic, but anyone old enough to remember the Steve Largent payback hit on Mike Harden?
Hell, I watched Butkus roam the field as a kid. Got posters of the first 4 Super Bowls. Harden took his lessons from The Assassin Jack Tatum. Largent sure served up revenge...cold, hard and with violence that day.

Reactions: OllVol
Individuals who have no basketball iq should refrain from posting

Individuals who have no basketball iq should refrain from posting
Who me? I stated no opinions and factually reported previous and current post comment trends. Was hoping to stimulate an intellectual discussion on something I found interesting. I have my basketball IQ opinion on it which I refrained from posting and thus you have no idea what it is.

Reactions: Flovol
Who me? I stated no opinions and factually reported previous and current post comment trends. Was hoping to stimulate an intellectual discussion on something I found interesting. I have my basketball IQ opinion on it which I refrained from posting and thus you have no idea what it is.
It was a fair question. Fulk appeared to be getting his legs back under him. Plus Abbas Fulk is better than our other post options.

Reactions: Lankykong

I think he was probably referring to some of the other posters who you cited as having said we’d be better off without fulk.

Just the loss of depth alone is troubling. Once JJJ got in foul trouble we had to keep a weak defensive link in the game and sometimes two. If we were deeper in the post we could overcome this. If Pons gets in foul trouble it's game over.

If we make the Sweet Sixteen, I’d love for him to play even if it’s only a few minutes.
I’m sure they could fit him with a protective mask or goggles.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol

I remember well Lofton's Senior year and all the grief he was given about not playing up to expectations. Turned out he was recovering from cancer. I'm not saying the same thing is going on with Fulky, but I wondered all season if he is dealing with something none of us knows about. Just saying. I hope he will come back next year. I don't see him playing professionally. But what do I know?

I'm sure they can fit him with something protective, but my gut says he'll sit until we play the Illini. (yeah - that's right - Illinois)

I highly doubt he plays Friday, but I like the gamesmanship by Barnes. Don't play your hand. Make Oregon State prepare for two different styles of basketball.

Reactions: cardvolfan
We need to bombard the UF Florida AD and the SEC office. Jennings punishment vs. Payne is not even close.

VN Store

Back