John Fulkerson Injury

If Fulk can't play in any games and our season ends, I would expect him to come back next year. He seems like the type of guy that would not want his career to end this way.

Basilio saying Fulky will not play. I know TB has been wrong many times in the past & a lot of VN likes to make fun of TB but FWIW he says that JF is a no go .
I think he’s just guessing (as is usually the case) but I also think he’s right.

I dont put any worth in TB's word, but I'd be amazed if John plays in the first weekend. Looked like he could barely stand the crowd noise yesterday
Gotta tip your hat to Fulky for being out there , he had to have willed himself out there . Noise is bad enough when concussed but for me it is the LIGHT that I remember being the most unbearable . If someone has never had a concussion but have had a legit migraine where all you can do is lay frozen in a pitch black room the effects are somewhat comparable .

What happened to Florida’s Omar Payne?
Did he get any additional punishment for the violent hits against Fulkerson?

So I’ve heard nothing from the SEC office regarding the assault Omar Payne from FL did on Fulky on Friday in the SECT. Have they suspended him for several games? How can JuJuan Jennings get suspended last year for stepping on a guys football helmet but Payne gets no reprimand from the SEC for a blatant assault? Why is Barnes not making A bigger deal out of this? I hope to God he’s at least contacted the Commissioner and demanded some type of action against Payne Fulky‘s season is more than likely finished while Payne gets to keep playing? Something isn’t right here.

Last edited:
If Payne plays this week I will lose all respect for both M. White and our AD.
Yep, that’s a bunch of crap. What we witnessed was basically an assault on the basketball court. Their was nothing accidental about the second elbow that Payne threw that has probably needed Fulky season and diminished our hopes of any kind of NCAAT run. It’s criminal that the SEC office and our beloved commissioner, much less our freaking head coach , has basically just swept this incident under the rug.

Reactions: Orange DNA
No
So I’ve heard nothing from the SEC office regarding the assault Omar Payne from FL did on Fulky on Friday in the SECT. Have they suspended him for several games? How can JuJuan Jennings get suspended last year for stepping on a guys football helmet but Payne gets no reprimand from the SEC for a blatant assault? Why is Barnes not making A bigger deal out of this? I hope to God he’s at least contacted the Commissioner and demanded some type of action against Payne Fulky‘s season is more than likely finished while Payne gets to keep playing? Something isn’t right here.

Nothing else for Barnes to do at this point. The coach apologized as did the player. Both the coach and player apologized to Fulky and the entire TN team. It’s up to the SEC @ this point unless Florida decided to suspend their player for one or more games, which I doubt. This is the same program that has had nothing but issues w their football program with inmates running the asylum, esp under Urban.

No

Nothing else for Barnes to do at this point. The coach apologized as did the player. Both the coach and player apologized to Fulky and the entire TN team. It’s up to the SEC @ this point unless Florida decided to suspend their player for one or more games, which I doubt. This is the same program that has had nothing but issues w their football program with inmates running the asylum, esp under Urban.
How can the SEC office turn a blind eye to this? What precedent does that set? I’m still amazed there is not more of an uproar over the incident. Of course they apologized and then probably snickered about it afterwards

Yep, that’s a bunch of crap. What we witnessed was basically an assault on the basketball court. Their was nothing accidental about the second elbow that Payne threw that has probably needed Fulky season and diminished our hopes of any kind of NCAAT run. It’s criminal that the SEC office and our beloved commissioner, much less our freaking head coach , has basically just swept this incident under the rug.
Is there anything wrong in the world that you don’t blame on Barnes? Jeez dude. Did he take your lunch money in school?

Imagine if he were a free safety and lowered his head. Regardless if it was intentional, he’d sit the first half of the next game, reg season NC game.

Reactions: 1985Vols
I mean a flagrant 2 just requires an ejection for the game. That’s what was called, it is what it is.

By comparison, targeting in football is much more dangerous and typically only warrants a one half suspension.

Imagine if he were a free safety and lowered his head. Regardless if it was intentional, he’d sit the first half of the next game, reg season NC game.
He would only sit the first half of the next game if the penalty occurred in the second half. If penalty happened in the first half, it would just be ejection for the remainder of that game.

It’s quite possible Fulkerson told Barnes he didn’t want to make a big deal out of the situation even though it was totally wrong.

Fulky is a classy guy and probably wanted to give Payne a second chance.

Can’t say I agree with it though but it’s not my decision.

VN Store

Back