John Adams: Excuses

This is just media today. Post something controversial to get hits. If he posted a run of the mill article, no one would be reading/sharing it.

Not a fan of what John Adams pens however, it's not as if we really have given him much ( + ) to write about....

College football coaches need to get their excuses ready — just in case | Adams

John Adams is the worst EXCUSE for a sports journalist that I have ever experienced! The man has been deeply criticizing Tennessee sports programs; coaches; fan support (the Schiano incident); and administration -- FOREVER!!! How he remains a "home-town" reporter with the Knoxville News Sentinel is beyond me...... Maybe he should get a job with ESPN (another Tennessee "lover"); or go someplace where they hate Tennessee, anyway - like Florida or Alabama. But, ever since I was a student from 1997 until NOW I don't think that I can ever remember him saying anything positive about the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE! Respect is a mutual thing. -- And since he continues to trash my school, I will continue to trash HIM! --- He is a CLASSIC UNWANTED JERK!!!!!!!

You don't understand: Columnists are paid to be objective, not homers. Adama has written plenty of favorable columns over the year, but you and other fans just focus on the negative ones that upset you. We haven't had a good football team in a LONG time--many years--and when that is the case you're not going to get a lot of happy, rosy columns about the Vols. Same with women's basketball. When we have really good teams, the columns will be more positive.

John Adams is the worst EXCUSE for a sports journalist that I have ever experienced! The man has been deeply criticizing Tennessee sports programs; coaches; fan support (the Schiano incident); and administration -- FOREVER!!! How he remains a "home-town" reporter with the Knoxville News Sentinel is beyond me...... Maybe he should get a job with ESPN (another Tennessee "lover"); or go someplace where they hate Tennessee, anyway - like Florida or Alabama. But, ever since I was a student from 1997 until NOW I don't think that I can ever remember him saying anything positive about the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE! Respect is a mutual thing. -- And since he continues to trash my school, I will continue to trash HIM! --- He is a CLASSIC UNWANTED JERK!!!!!!!
Over react much? Guy has opinions. Everyone has 'em. Real problems will often take all the juice you have just to get thru. Don't sweat the small stuff.

Adams is great at his job. Which is to write columns that generate buzz. The job of newspapers isn't to make everything sunshine and roses. That's the problem with people these days. No one wants to hear the truth, they just want to hear how great their side is. It's why MSNBC and Fox News prosper.

Adams has never shied away from telling the truth about the program and coaches at UT. That's too much for many to handle.

Don't even put Adams name on the same page as Marvin West. One is an icon, the other is tool!

Don't know what drove so many guys behind the keyboards or in front of the microphones or cameras to join the wanna be cute and snarky journalism cult. Jim Rome's success followed by Stephen A. maybe.... sad trend. It is easier to hide behind funny and accuracy does not seem to be an objective. Tongue in cheek morphs into head up butt cheeks and seemingly is an impossible condition to escape from.

Him replacing the Siler's, Byrd's and West's is like replacing John Ward with Basillio.

Last edited:
Reactions: onthehill71

Let it go. He’s not worth it. I read Adams for the fun of it. He’s been a TN hater for the past 30 years. I really don’t think John hates TN football, KNS has him out there to sell papers & get clicks. At the end of the day, where do you won’t to be?

Don't like Adams and never have. His "reporting" around the time of Fulmer's end was gratuitous... shameful.

He seems positive about Heupel for now but will shoot him in the back at some point.
Fulmer's end was shameful

Clearly OP and people in this thread. Attention is Attention whether positive or negative.

The only value with the KNS for years has been Marlin McKinney's nearly daily compilation of a lot of free web based offerings of all things VOL. I was pleased a few weeks ago when that association ended and now I don't have to provide any clicks for that organization. Never been a big Dave Hooker follower, but that is where his work is now available.... OFF THE HOOK SPORTS if anyone is interested. I pretty much check on here first and then go there for a lot of the details.

Not really. Adams has always been pretty worthless. Knoxville market deserves better
Knoxville media as a whole has never been great imo. Most home town media are homers. Knoxville media seems like most of them have something against the program.

VN Store

Back