John Adams: Excuses

EverythingOrange

College football coaches need to get their excuses ready — just in case | Adams

John Adams is the worst EXCUSE for a sports journalist that I have ever experienced! The man has been deeply criticizing Tennessee sports programs; coaches; fan support (the Schiano incident); and administration -- FOREVER!!! How he remains a "home-town" reporter with the Knoxville News Sentinel is beyond me...... Maybe he should get a job with ESPN (another Tennessee "lover"); or go someplace where they hate Tennessee, anyway - like Florida or Alabama. But, ever since I was a student from 1997 until NOW I don't think that I can ever remember him saying anything positive about the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE! Respect is a mutual thing. -- And since he continues to trash my school, I will continue to trash HIM! --- He is a CLASSIC UNWANTED JERK!!!!!!!

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrFAS6iW_ViGtoAiiFXNyoA;_ylu=Y29sbwNiZjEEcG9zAzIEdnRpZAMyNDU5OEQtQ18xBHNlYwNzYw--/RV=2/RE=1660275746/RO=10/RU=https://news.yahoo.com/college-football-coaches-excuses-ready-090254145.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall/RK=2/RS=cqjOU4mJ0w743nMPenyMvPavLbE-

John Adams is the worst EXCUSE for a sports journalist that I have ever experienced! The man has been deeply criticizing Tennessee sports programs; coaches; fan support (the Schiano incident); and administration -- FOREVER!!! How he remains a "home-town" reporter with the Knoxville News Sentinel is beyond me...... Maybe he should get a job with ESPN (another Tennessee "lover"); or go someplace where they hate Tennessee, anyway - like Florida or Alabama. But, ever since I was a student from 1997 until NOW I don't think that I can ever remember him saying anything positive about the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE! Respect is a mutual thing. -- And since he continues to trash my school, I will continue to trash HIM! CLASSIC UNWANTED JERK!!!!!!!
You obviously don't listen to him on Basilio. He's very positive and a great guest.

https://news.yahoo.com/college-football-coaches-excuses-ready-090254145.html?fr=sycsrp_catchall

John Adams is the worst EXCUSE for a sports journalist that I have ever experienced! The man has been deeply criticizing Tennessee sports programs; coaches; fan support (the Schiano incident); and administration -- FOREVER!!! How he remains a "home-town" reporter with the Knoxville News Sentinel is beyond me...... Maybe he should get a job with ESPN (another Tennessee "lover"); or go someplace where they hate Tennessee, anyway - like Florida or Alabama. But, ever since I was a student from 1997 until NOW I don't think that I can ever remember him saying anything positive about the UNIVERSITY OF TENNESSEE! Respect is a mutual thing. -- And since he continues to trash my school, I will continue to trash HIM! --- He is a CLASSIC UNWANTED JERK!!!!!!!
Terrible take. John Adams is great.

I’ve never had an axe to grind with Adams, but that piece makes him seem like a lazy hack. Good grief. Report on or analyze SOMETHING. Attempt to express a unique or relevant idea, just one. What a waste of ink (or pixels) that was.

I must be more willing to listen to others' positions and statements. Doesn't cross my threshold.

Last edited:
I’ve never had an axe to grind with Adams, but that piece makes him seem like a lazy hack. Good grief. Report on or analyze SOMETHING. Attempt to express a unique or relevant idea, just one. What a waste of ink (or pixels) that was.
He recently analyzed a Basillio show in an article. Ground breaking

Reactions: Vol in Buckeye Land
I must be willing to listen to others' positions and statements. Doesn't cross my threshold.
Were there “positions” or “statements” in that article? No wonder people don’t read the paper anymore. Maybe the KNS should give a young journalism grad a shot if Adams is going to phone it in like that.

Someone should explain our coach is nothing like Pruitt. Maybe he should just go back to sleep.

Adams = POS

So many people really need to learn the difference between a reporter and a columnist. They also need to learn how articles and such are deemed successful in the digital age. If you really, truly don't like it, sharing it, commenting on it, etc does absolutely nothing but give the hits. It's really not the difficult of a concept.

I used to read his articles quite often. Now I won't read him because I don't want to be seen supporting his work. As y'all have pointed out, he never passes up a chance to throw shade at anything related to UT. I may be wrong, but I would imagine that his bosses only care about readership. "Journalists" that play the heel can get a lot more pub than cheerleaders. If you don't like him, don't click. Eventually, the message will get across.

Of all the Adams articles you have have picked to complain about, this one is interesting. 95% of it isn't even about Tennessee specifically.

Also, for all the hate he gets, he only really jumps on Tennessee coaches well after they've proven themselves to be horrible coaches. When it is the easy column to write. I've only heard him say positive or neutral things about Heupel and his staff, and really compliments the culture change he thinks has happened in the program.

If Simpsons Characters were real life people.....

OIP.S_zvvGuYZ9KtpLLX8sX1zgHaJ4

OIP.pCz03ytOec-litHqHwzIugHaFg

Don't like Adams and never have. His "reporting" around the time of Fulmer's end was gratuitous... shameful.

He seems positive about Heupel for now but will shoot him in the back at some point.

Reactions: -GiveHim6-

VN Store

Back