Joe's 10 day trip to yankee land/Tiffany's surgery thread

So an update, Dr in Tennessee called her. He's give the Dr here a way to get the stints out, without her having to come up there. They're gonna put nephrostomy tubes into her kidneys from the back. That way they can remove the stints from her back through the kidneys. He said with all the infection in her stoma, it's too risky go try and remove them that way. It'll help with the swelling of the kidneys, and her kidneys will drain through those tubes. The downside is, it'll be a little painful, and she won't be able to sleep on her back.

So an update, Dr in Tennessee called her. He's give the Dr here a way to get the stints out, without her having to come up there. They're gonna put nephrostomy tubes into her kidneys from the back. That way they can remove the stints from her back through the kidneys. He said with all the infection in her stoma, it's too risky go try and remove them that way. It'll help with the swelling of the kidneys, and her kidneys will drain through those tubes. The downside is, it'll be a little painful, and she won't be able to sleep on her back.
Datgum! 🙏🙏🙏

Sounds scary - pray the the Dr is good at this procedure

Like, painful til it heals or what?

🙏🏽

When the numbness wears off it'll hurt her some. It's a tube placed through her back into each kidney, and they'll stay a while, but not sure how long
That's what I wondered too, if it was permanent or no.

I never sleep on my back. When I had my shoulder surgery and couldn't sleep on my stomach it was awful. Will she be able to sleep on her side?

I keep saying "Bless Tiffany's heart" because... Bless her heart, and I hope that this is the last procedure for a while at least.

Is there a Tiffany update?
Was just about to, we're at the hospital now for her to have those tubes put in. Hopefully they'll be able to get the stints out through those, and then get the infection taken care of. It's going to be kinda painful, so you guys say a prayer for her.

Dr came in and talked with us. They may leave these tubes longer than we expected, but for help. They're used for draining urine mostly, and since her stoma has issues they're hoping it'll help with infections. It's an easier path for the draining they said, and should help with it trying to back up into her kidneys. Also, they told me again the one dr wouldn't have anything to do with it🤣. We gotta wait on yet another Corona test, despite having 2 here in the past week.

VN Store

Back