Joe Milton quote

Still a Joe Milton supporter but the quote is questionable at best. Just don't talk about what you can do, talk about what you did do...... which was mediocre and needs improvement.

Let's hear from another QB from week #1:

"It felt great. Obviously any time there's offseason, there's a lot of anticipation and, you know, you start to get a little anxious. But for us to get the first win out of the way, did some good things, and there's some stuff for us to improve on...."

That kid set a record of 4 TDs for a debut QB at Alabama, ya know, breaking a record co-held by Joe Namath.

From a Milton supporter, you can't teach 6'5" 245lbs but you also can't teach class.

Go root for Bama then. Milton is a college kid who said something MILDLY cocky, and now everyone here wants to act like he claimed to be Peyton Manning reincarnated or something.

If I had a cannon arm like Milton, I might mention it once or twice as well. Maybe while walking in front of every sorority house on campus...

Go root for Bama then. Milton is a college kid who said something MILDLY cocky, and now everyone here wants to act like he claimed to be Peyton Manning reincarnated or something.

If I had a cannon arm like Milton, I might mention it once or twice as well. Maybe while walking in front of every sorority house on campus...
Sure, but not to a camera. I'd let every coed know who I am...... and that I'm great...... but start saying that crap to a camera after game 1, where you didn't exactly look like you "have it all"..... nope.

Look, I want the kid to do well on the field but doing well means more than what we saw Thursday.

I want the kid to do well OFF the field, that means carrying yourself with class and humility. He has enormous opportunities and physical gifts, wear it well, that's all.

Yes, I can switch to a Deutsch Keyboard Just didnt think to. üöä
Well, Google sometimes messes us all up. Many of us took college level courses in foreign languages, for exposure if nothing else. Mine were a semester (quarter) in german and one in spanish. So, buena suerte and viel gluck. You know where to go find the umlaut.

Read this carefully, Milton was in camp
There was no clear frontrunner coming out of Spring ball.

From all appearances, coming into Fall camp there was no one clearly "taking most of the reps" as we saw them practice numerically, then reverse numerically, etc.

Around the time of the conversation with Maurer, it became a bit clearer that Milton was getting more reps with the 1s.

It WAS a competition. Milton came out ahead. From Hooker's entry in garbage time, one assumes he's the backup.

If you see it differently, let me know why.

Reactions: GoVolunteers

Ding ding ding ding ding...the stupidist post of the week. Milton was NAMED the starter days before the opening kickoff. According to his head coach, he is barely better than his two backups (and this is visually obvious, as well). For him to make such an asinine statement is both hilariously premature and disrespectful to Hooker and Bailey. I suspect he just lost a bunch of respect from teammates and some fans. A Cam Newton wannabe better walk before he talks. He looked like hot crap in his first shot. I hope he cleans it up---for the sake of the program AND CJH.

He’s going to regret saying things like that unless he improves his play big time.
He looks like he is far from being able to “do it all”!

Nope. No matter how good or bad he plays, he will regret such talk for an entirely different reason. This is the SEC. Some DE, LB, or other defense player will take exception to such bragging and reverse engineer the location of his rectum and mouth. Just ask Mr. Hurd who tried to do an in your face catwalk into the end zone vs. Georgia a few years back. This is the SEC, but the proper spelling of the conference is R-E-S-P-E-C-T or get your south central anatomical region handed to you. They get wind of you saying stuff like this and figure, "Let's not have fun, let's educate. Well, OK, have fun doing that."

Last edited:
Reactions: GVol1966
Well, Google sometimes messes us all up. Many of us took college level courses in foreign languages, for exposure if nothing else. Mine were a semester (quarter) in german and one in spanish. So, buena suerte and viel gluck. You know where to go find the umlaut.
My German study (alphabet wise) was at least easier than my Russian work a few decades ago. German just has the three additional umlaut letters and the ß. Russian had a whole crazy different alphabet. And about a third of the letters look the same as ones I already knew but had been transposed to different sounds. Ugh

That Jennings guy that was a receiver here and now plays in the NFL was once asked if he was then Alpha male in the receiver room.He replied “I’m the Alpha male in any room” How many want to complain about him?
JJ backed it up. Plain and simple. He was also a real leader. Im sure Al Wilson and Little were pretty vocal too. Play matters and so far Milton isn't compared to those guys in anything

Humility is no longer taught generally speaking.

Victory is much sweeter when people didn't realize how great you are. Let them think they are better than you.....then bust that bubble with a smile.

There was no clear frontrunner coming out of Spring ball.

From all appearances, coming into Fall camp there was no one clearly "taking most of the reps" as we saw them practice numerically, then reverse numerically, etc.

Around the time of the conversation with Maurer, it became a bit clearer that Milton was getting more reps with the 1s.

It WAS a competition. Milton came out ahead. From Hooker's entry in garbage time, one assumes he's the backup.

If you see it differently, let me know why.
At the SEC media days JH gushed about Miltons ability and the respect/confidence he had earned from the team. At that point Milton had not took a single snap nor had there been any practice. JH was noticeably mum about the other QBs. That leads me to believe Milton was the starter the day he signed.

From 24/7:

This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).
The last touchdown he threw was a jump ball and would have been intercepted by ANY Southeastern Conference team. He came within an eyelash of throwing one in the first half when the simply didn't catch the ball, . The two to Hyatt I think the first was thrown much two hard for a short pass (no touch on the ball), and the second should have been caught. He holds the ball much to long, he could have avoided all three sacks by throwing it away. Yes he is out quarterback and I am rooting 100% for him but I think he needs to show everyone how good he is instead of stating it in an interview, practice what you preach and lets get better every week and make this an exciting season, as I thought several teams under achieved this week. It's always better to play average and be 1 and 0 that play great and be 0 and 1

Highest ceiling to do what? Overthrows? 100mph fastballs that are not strikes? Curling like a roly poly bug when he runs the ball? He is 6’4” 240 and he thinks he is Superman but runs like a sissy. He is no Scam Newton. Please let him know that…

I am 6’4” 240 and I am Ironman!

At the SEC media days JH gushed about Miltons ability and the respect/confidence he had earned from the team. At that point Milton had not took a single snap nor had there been any practice. JH was noticeably mum about the other QBs. That leads me to believe Milton was the starter the day he signed.
So you don't trust Heupel. Got it.

Your issue isn't Milton, it's Heupel.

From 24/7:

This remains to be seen, IMO. Had some really good moments, but this quote seems to be a little bit less than humble at this point, especially with the next game opening at home as a slight underdog (currently +1.5 from what I last read).

Against Bowlingreen!

Did anyone else picture Kelly Washington reading that?

From 24/7:

That just seems like he's stating the obvious to me. What part of the game can't he do, physically?

Reading it as something he didn't say isn't his problem.

From 24/7:

Do I detect a bit of Dunning-Kruger syndrome here? People who act as their own press agents usually do it because others won't.

VN Store

Back