Joe Milton is in Knoxville [committed]

Eric Ainge was a QB we all wish was on the roster right now and he also made mucho coin holding a clipboard. Thank you Butch for F-ing up that QB position with Peterman along with many other player decisions you were wrong about.

I don't think Butch is the only one who screwed up with player decisions. And though QB is glaring, I think it goes well beyond that.

Guarantano WAS IN THE TOP 10 OF TENNESSEE PASSERS, in completions, number of yards, attempts, TD's, etc, IN ALL OF TENNESSEE HISTORY, putting him in good company, rubbing elbows with PEYTON MANNING, etc.

Also forgot to mention that Brink, Deis said that Guarantano was the #2 QB in nation ranking wise, out of HS.

He is a 4.5 star/5 star.

He had a LOT OF SUPER EXTREMELY BIG TIME OFFERS.

And when he transfered to WSU, he again had a LOT of BIG TIME offers.

Combine that, with what I said above about Guarantano.

Guarantano is a ABSOLUTLY FREAKING STUD
Makes you wonder if they have the internet and YouTube in Pullman

Reactions: onevol74
Offer lists are similar.

The only real difference is that JG can actually throw a pass. In the type of camps the scouts observe these QBs at, JG looks awesome. JG's flaws don't tend to come out until he's in a game with an actual defense and then his slow reads, inability to not stare down receivers, and lack of instincts bites him. JG underperformed, but I can at least see why so many coaches and scouts were fooled (I was fooled back in 2018 -- thought he could fix his issues with experience); JG looks good until he's under the lights.

Milton's just not very good to begin with. He has a perfect, prototypical QB body that scouts drool over. His "measurables" are perfect. But he's extremely inaccurate and can't read defenses.

Mike Leach has said his biggest secret in evaluating QBs is that he looks for accuracy, because you can't coach it. They're either accurate or they're not. Milton's not. No amount of coaching is going to change that.

Milton needs to switch to TE or WR. He's never going to cut it as a QB. And I'd be absolutely shocked if he could beat out either Bailey, Maurer, or Hooker.
Brother I get what you are saying. I just remember how weak of a recruit Sam Bradford was. His only offers were Oklahoma in huge part of Heupel, Texas Tech, Texas A&M, and Iowa St. Josh Heupel coached him into a college QB rockstar. Just saying in college with great coaching if you have tools they can be sharpened. Whether he makes it or not doesn’t matter to me. Dobbs and Tebow weren’t super accurate IMHO but had strong arms. Just saying.

Reactions: davethevol
Right now unless Salter is the next coming, I think we all know who's the heir apparent as starting QB. Having said that, anything can change but HB seems to be in the front seat. And no I don't have an agenda but I have eyes and I saw how he ran the O.

#7 is listed as Salter's jersey# on the current football roster.

I wonder what is happening, lol

The word I heard is that Salter is done with the program. He is going to be charged as an adult from what I heard from court house chatter.. Who knows really, but he is done at UT if that does happen because he has not denied the charges to keep a charge off of him.

I have no doubt that he'll light it up in that conference. Much, much easier than the SEC defenses. Just a bad fit for the SEC and UT. As the saying goes...water finds its own level.
I don’t think he would “light it up” at etsu.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
The word I heard is that Salter is done with the program. He is going to be charged as an adult from what I heard from court house chatter.. Who knows really, but he is done at UT if that does happen because he has not denied the charges to keep a charge off of him.
His charges were dismissed. Are they bringing new charges?

Reactions: onevol74
I think that is the charges on a minor. They can still charge him as adult for up to 6 months. They are holding the charges from what I heard, but the outcomes of the others will affect him.
Charges were dismissed "without prejudice" meaning they could be filed again. The Knoxville media is worthless since the other guys were scheduled in court almost 2 weeks ago and..... nothing about that has been reported.

Hard to say if the police/DA are trying to squeeze the "non-victim" into becoming a "victim" or if the whole thing is blowing over and waiting on Student Conduct Code to rule or whatever else.

The Knoxville media reminds me of last year's secondary, they can't seem to cover anything.

Reactions: vettefool
Charges were dismissed with prejudice.

Charges were dismissed "without prejudice" meaning they could be filed again. The Knoxville media is worthless since the other guys were scheduled in court almost 2 weeks ago and..... nothing about that has been reported.

Hard to say if the police/DA are trying to squeeze the "non-victim" into becoming a "victim" or if the whole thing is blowing over and waiting on Student Conduct Code to rule or whatever else.

The Knoxville media reminds me of last year's secondary, they can't seem to cover anything.
They were dismissed WITH prejudice.

Reactions: Remy

VN Store

Back