Joe Milton at Senior Bowl

Well he didn't play this year, is what I meant, he could have played and imo we would not have lost a game that we won with Nico in the game. And by the middle of the season, Nico would have been going really good. Not playing this year is what I meant by wasting a year. If you are watching the senior bowl, you see what Joe is doing with a good ol, and good wr. Nothing really except a sack on the first series and two int. no score.
A lot of really elite Qbs sat behind ppl they were better than... it was a lot of leadership and film study and understanding coverages Nico had to learn and sitting a year gave him the best chance to succeed… Mahomes sat behind Alex smith for a year… I guess he wasted a year too right? Bryce young who won the heisman wasted a year too correct ? Nico will be much better than joe already has a much better feel for the game but this is not a video game joe earned the chance to start and didn’t do anything to lose the job… the year wasn’t wasted and Nico will have a great year coming up this was the plan from the start.

Casey Clausen 2001: 64% (8.5 AY/A)

Dobbs 2016: 63% (8.3 AY/A)

Bray 2012: 59% (8.3 AY/A)

Crompton 2009: 58% (7.2 AY/A)

Ainge 2006: 67% (8.5 AY/A)

Martin 1998: 57% (8.5 AY/A)

Peyton 1997: 60% (8.5 AY/A)

Joe Milton 2023: 65% (8.4 AY/A)

Keep looking dumb though.
So he's a better QB than Peyton Manning?
Dobbs and Clausen too??

All you have to do is look at completion % of downfield passes of say 15 yds or more and completion % the middle of the field, and you will see on those he is less that 50%. UI

Joe's completion % of downfield passes of say 15 yds or more is probably less than 50% across the middle low %. Ut has been very good at yds after the catch. But you can continue to think Joe is a good qb, thats the dumb one. I think Joe is a good guy, good person but poor qb.
No. It isn’t “all you have to do”.
Did you account for the dozen or more dropped balls? The half-dozen DPIs that weren’t called?

Joe had his issues but was still by all means a good qb. He wasn’t great. Some of you are just programmed to look for negatives in a player like a heat-seeking missile & it’s pretty pathetic.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Did you account for the dozen or more dropped balls? The half-dozen DPIs that weren’t called?

Joe had his issues but was still by all means a good qb. He wasn’t great. Some of you are just programmed to look for negatives in a player like a heat-seeking missile & it’s pretty pathetic.
Not really. You just don't like the deserved criticism. You guys act like saying anything bad is the worst thing ever. You guys are soft and are probably the ones who got mad that you didn't get a participation trophy for losing in sports. You call a duck a duck. I've said it all year. Milton is a manageable QB that doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but he's inaccurate and not a very good QB. Looked what happened when a true freshman that had near to no experience stepped in and took over the same offense against a elite defense that held the national champions to 213 total yards. Night and day difference.

I bet you can't name a game that he looked great in other than the Orange bowl or against inferior talented teams. You have 6 years to choose from.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgrish
Not really. You just don't like the deserved criticism. You guys act like saying anything bad is the worst thing ever. You guys are soft and are probably the ones who got mad that you didn't get a participation trophy for losing in sports. You call a duck a duck. I've said it all year. Milton is a manageable QB that doesn't make a lot of mistakes, but he's inaccurate and not a very good QB.
Has nothing to do with “deserved criticism”. People would wait for his first incompletion during our games to log on here and start chirping lol very few people have acknowledged the full scope of Milton’s situation - just bash to bash bc we caught lightning in a bottle with Hendon. Didn’t realize it made me “soft” to see the full picture.

You’re right in one thing though.. “you call a duck a duck.”

& you are a ****ing duck.

A lot of really elite Qbs sat behind ppl they were better than... it was a lot of leadership and film study and understanding coverages Nico had to learn and sitting a year gave him the best chance to succeed… Mahomes sat behind Alex smith for a year… I guess he wasted a year too right? Bryce young who won the heisman wasted a year too correct ? Nico will be much better than joe already has a much better feel for the game but this is not a video game joe earned the chance to start and didn’t do anything to lose the job… the year wasn’t wasted and Nico will have a great year coming up this was the plan from the start.
The ones u mentioned sat behind a good qb. You just validated my point. Joe wss not a good qb. Had he have been I agree totally Nico should sit

I suppose it was wr dropped balls in the senior game is why Joe played so well?

Last edited:
According to his stats and opinion yes, but not mine
Not a single person has argued that. Lol
That post was obviously (obvious to those with a functioning brain) made in effort to prove Milton isn’t as bad as people on this board say he is.

Not a single person has argued that. Lol
That post was obviously (obvious to those with a functioning brain) made in effort to prove Milton isn’t as bad as people on this board say he is.
Doesn't appear the post worked, even the people on the Senior Bowl said Joe was unimpressive in the week long workouts with bad decisions and inaccurate throws. Anyone with a functioning brain and knows anything about football could not say Joe is a good qb. I think Joe is a very good person, likeable, and stayed out of trouble, but that doesn't make him a good qb. All year, those who were saying Joe was not that bad, that it was the wr, and the ol. Well he was playing with the best in the Senior bowl and still made bad decisions. Joe was bad as a qb period. But I do wish Joe the best in his life, and hopefully he gets drafted and does well in the NFL

All you have to do is look at completion % of downfield passes of say 15 yds or more and completion % the middle of the field, and you will see on those he is less that 50%. UI

Joe's completion % of downfield passes of say 15 yds or more is probably less than 50% across the middle low %. Ut has been very good at yds after the catch. But you can continue to think Joe is a good qb, thats the dumb one. I think Joe is a good guy, good person but poor qb.
Cool story. Can you show me some official stats that have been compiled from reliable sources to back your claims up? Because I have provided actual stats that absolutely torpedo your claims.

Cool story. Can you show me some official stats that have been compiled from reliable sources to back your claims up? Because I have provided actual stats that absolutely torpedo your claims.
I will have to look them up again. I have seen them, I will get back to you.

I feel sorry for Joe. Missed the big bucks (NIL) and is on course to miss the big bucks again (NFL).

Yes, and Rattler, and Nix didn't seem to have any problems.
You are making ridiculous claims. Nobody EVER said Milton was an elite level QB like those guys. You said he was inaccurate and a bad QB here. He wasn’t and stats prove that.

I will have to look them up again. I have seen them, I will get back to you.
So Milton was 45th in yards per completion in 2023 per NCAA at an average of 12.28. That’s better than Spencer Ratter. 45 out of 106 QBs is not bad.

It’s so hard not to wonder what might’ve been this past season had Heupel been able to make an accurate evaluation of Milton. Let’s face it… The guy is terrible.

IMO the misevaluation of Milton is the single biggest mistake (maybe the only mistake) of his tenure thus far. Nico would have been a significant improvement over Milton from the first snap of the season.

So Milton was 45th in yards per completion in 2023 per NCAA at an average of 12.28. That’s better than Spencer Ratter. 45 out of 106 QBs is not bad.
These are not the stats I was talking about, but a good example of what I mean. Because of good athletes turning a short pass into more yardage is where Joe gets the stats you are talking about. Joe is very very poor on downfield passing. I am still looking for the complete break down of his passing stats.

Why Joe Milton III and Tennessee's passing game were ' ...

1707084540610.png
247Sports
https://247sports.com › college › tennessee › article › j...

Sep 9, 2023 — He was 0-of-4 on passes between 10 and 19 yards downfield and 1-of-4 of passing of more than 20 yards downfield.

“While Milton’s physical traits are apparent,” Reid wrote, “he still struggles with deep accuracy. He completed 28.6% of his passes of 20-plus air yards (103rd in the FBS). Touch on vertical throws remains a concern despite the arm strength. He has to learn to layer the ball to his desired spots.”

VN Store

Back