Joe Milton’s future

Volman09

I am very excited to have him back as our back up quarterback. You always hope you never have to use the backup, but you also don’t usually find one with so much experience. He seems like a good teammate. Hopefully he can work another off-season with Heupel and learn how to put some touch and accuracy on the ball. He definitely needs to work on that don’t get me wrong, I’m just saying it’s nice to have so much leadership and experience in the QB room. The football season is very long and you never know when you will need a key drive from your QB2.

I don’t think he can transfer again, and I think he likes football too much to just quit playing. He could wind up in the sec championship game if he stuck around

Too tall to play RB, we should try him at TE
i-see-what-you-did-there-steve-carell.gif

I am very excited to have him back as our back up quarterback. You always hope you never have to use the backup, but you also don’t usually find one with so much experience. He seems like a good teammate. Hopefully he can work another off-season with Heupel and learn how to put some touch and accuracy on the ball. He definitely needs to work on that don’t get me wrong, I’m just saying it’s nice to have so much leadership and experience in the QB room. The football season is very long and you never know when you will need a key drive from your QB2.

He's a good kid.

But he will never be a dependable QB.

He has his degree from Michigan already. I'm sure the kid is going to be successful in life. However, I hope he never has to play critical minutes again, while he's here.

Yeah a thread about Joe Milton. He plays for the team. Sorry you had to read on a message board.
I think he means most of us are nervous when a players name is in title and it says no more. Our BVS kicks in and we assume either transferring, injured or arrested. Very seldom is a players name only in title a thread of good news.

I think he means most of us are nervous when a players name is in title

Tennessee learned about the transfer portal last year.

Leg up on the SEC.

What you think is the worst thing that can happen to Tennessee Football.

I know you won't quit because that's what East Tennessee people do, but lay low on this one.

Tennessee learned about the transfer portal last year.

Leg up on the SEC.

What you think is the worst thing that can happen to Tennessee Football.

I know you won't quit because that's what East Tennessee people do, but lay low on this one.
Not sure what any of this has to be with my message. I am confused why you responded this to my message?

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
As frustrating as he was early in the year he did come in and play pretty well a few times late in season...UGA comes to mind. Coaches seem to like him a lot so think we could do a lot worse while we bring along the freshman.
He made a couple of throws in that UGA game that not many can make. Put air on a bomb. Threw a dart in the endzone. I know I’m in the minority but I’m glad to have him.

He made a couple of throws in that UGA game that not many can make. Put air on a bomb. Threw a dart in the endzone. I know I’m in the minority but I’m glad to have him.
He appeared to have improved and he will only improve more by this time next year. He and Hendon will both have a far better grasp on the offense going into next year.

Now I do kinda feel like he will leave eventually though, because he could go play somewhere else.

Not sure what any of this has to be with my message. I am confused why you responded this to my message?
Tennessee learned about the portal last year.

No reason to panic now.

Josh Heuple has this under control.

East Tennessee gets riled up easily, for no reason.

Reactions: pimo1
If he weren't so averse to contact, he has the tools and build to be an NFL TE. But when he runs, he always seems to be dreading any hit, even though he is more than built to take it.

Good kid. Glad he is staying, and I hope he is a dependable backup to Hooker! :)

Reactions: 3-2-1-Wolf
It is good to have him back. We have a four star coming in, but would hate to throw him in the fire unprepared.

Reactions: Raebo
Tennessee learned about the portal last year.

No reason to panic now.

Josh Heuple has this under control.

East Tennessee gets riled up easily, for no reason.
You apparently haven't been around here long. It's an understood rule that you don't start a thread by just a players name. Go back to 2016 for example. Seemed like twice a week a players name came up and we were losing them to injury. Stick around and you will learn. Until then I'd advise you and the op to respect the fact that most on here have ptsd from seeing a name only title.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
If Milton refuses to put touch on his passes then he will never make it anywhere. I hate to see that much talent go to waste but there's no way around the truth. Its not coaching. I can guarantee you that this staff and Harbaugh have tried to work with him on it and obviously he refuses to dial it down.. There's a time and place to try and zip a ball in there but his is literally every throw. You can't tell me he can't take some heat off it.. He simply refuses. The guy is also massive but is scared to death of contact while Hooker puts his body on the line for a 1st down. We need a quality backup. Milton is not it. I'm sorry but potential doesn't win football games. He ain't got it. He could have put this late in his career he is what he is.. Go look at his tape from Michigan and look at the turn around they have had since moving on from him. Film doesn't lie.

I don’t think he can transfer again, and I think he likes football too much to just quit playing. He could wind up in the sec championship game if he stuck around
He could transfer again. He had 3 years left and if he transferred he would need waiver for immediate eligibility or sit a year or transfer to lower division.

VN Store

Back