Joakim Dodson, 2025 WR from Collierville commits to the Vols! (Bonus discourse on the differences between Collierville and Memphis)

It’s a shame. Born there, raised there, left for school. I’ve been back and lived there twice in the last 30 years. It’s my hometown, I’ll never go back. There are varying levels of corruption in many municipal governments, but your last word says it all.
I was also born there..Memphis could really be cool place, awesome food, music, cool people..but it's just so flipping dangerous..if they could get that under control, I think a lot of the other stuff would fall into place

It’s a shame. Born there, raised there, left for school. I’ve been back and lived there twice in the last 30 years. It’s my hometown, I’ll never go back. There are varying levels of corruption in many municipal governments, but your last word says it all.
Raised there, HS there, college UT. Couldn't wait to leave, only go back to see friends...briefly.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
I love Memphis. to me Memphis is Germantown, Collierville, East Memphis, Cordova.
Lived in all of those places before Memphis spread and the city limits bumped up against those surrounding towns and areas. At the time, they certainly weren't Memphis save E. Memphis.

I'm not sure anybody I know thinks Nico plays one and done unless he wins the Heisman or NC or something like that. I can see if he does extremely well his second season on The Hill he leaves for the NFL.
He can’t do a one and done. He can play two years and go to the draft but he’s not eligible after next year. Apologies if I’m misunderstanding what you’re saying.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
Thank you Mr. Internet sleuth. I grew up in Collierville. It is close but the two couldn't be more worlds apart.
I did as well and every time I go home to visit family I am amazed at how Collierville has changed. Even across the river in Fayette county the flight from Memphis is evident.

Reactions: VFL10
Tell me you've never been to Collierville without telling me you've never been to Collierville.
Tell me you live in a sad little desperate town, without acknowledging I know more about it than you do. How’s the swimming at Peterson Lake? You crochet on the square on Sunday after Adrian Rogers tells you it’s safe outside?

Joakim Dodson is going to become a fan favorite.

I know a lot of people are skeptical of this kid because of offers and star ranking, but he's got the talent to be very good.

Reactions: BernardKingGOAT
Is it me, but with the portal, I can't even get excited about the new kids anymore. Feel like we are going to lose having favorite players and we are just cheering for the school we attended.

Collierville is a former soybean field turned into a soulless suburb.
A relatively safe suburb that everybody and his brother is trying to move into primarily because of the excellent school system. The equity increase in my home says hello. Most homes don’t last a week in Collierville when they go on the market.

We get some residual crime from Memphis but for the most part the Collierville police force is on top of things pretty quickly. It is definitely a world apart from Memphis. I’ve lived in the Memphis metro area since 1977 and have seen the changes in both communities. Give me Collierville all day, every day if I’m raising a family.

Note: I can semi understand that sentiment if I was single. Collierville isn’t exactly a party capital but it isn’t intended to be.

I've heard Collierville is a nice place to live.
As is Germantown.

As is Cary, NC
Katy, TX
Bend, OR
Makati, MNL Philippines
Hikaido, Japan
Geneva, Switzerland

All places I've lived at or traveled too for a short time. Don't get too caught up in a place.There's always better somewhere else.

When people get into these little discussions it's very cute lol.

I've heard Collierville is a nice place to live.
As is Germantown.

As is Cary, NC
Katy, TX
Bend, OR
Makati, MNL Philippines
Hikaido, Japan
Geneva, Switzerland

All places I've lived at or traveled too for a short time. Don't get too caught up in a place.There's always better somewhere else.

When people get into these little discussions it's very cute lol.
Yep. To each his own. Depends on what one is looking for and if you have to look out for someone other than yourself (aka a family and children). Traveled with my job for 47 years before retiring. All over the US, Mexico and Canada. Random trips to England and China. Lots of nice places to visit to be sure. But I was always happy to get home to Tennessee and still am.

Yep. To each his own. Depends on what one is looking for and if you have to look out for someone other than yourself (aka a family and children). Traveled with my job for 47 years before retiring. All over the US, Mexico and Canada. Random trips to England and China. Lots of nice places to visit to be sure. But I was always happy to get home to Tennessee and still am.
My wife and I moved to Florida 15 months ago from Murfreesboro and we are praying God let’s move back soon.

Tell me you live in a sad little desperate town, without acknowledging I know more about it than you do. How’s the swimming at Peterson Lake? You crochet on the square on Sunday after Adrian Rogers tells you it’s safe outside?
What are you talking about the beloved Adrian Rodgers has been with the father for 18 years now.

This old UT alum would like to see every HS player in Tennessee dreaming of wearing Orange. I’d like the Vols to have a lock on the best in-state talent and skim the cream from out of state.

I was also born there..Memphis could really be cool place, awesome food, music, cool people..but it's just so flipping dangerous..if they could get that under control, I think a lot of the other stuff would fall into place
Born east Tennessee lived in Memphis for around 6 yrs. Your spot on.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Maybe I missed something. I thought the NFL required college players to play at least 3 seasons. Didn’t think you could enter the draft after one or two years.
You are correct, you have to be 3 years removed from high school before you can enter draft. He will be here at least 2 more years. GBO

Very true.

Home is where the heart is.

VN Store

Back