Joakim Dodson, 2025 WR from Collierville commits to the Vols! (Bonus discourse on the differences between Collierville and Memphis)

Per callahan, Tennessee has been on Dodson freshman year and Tennessee visited him every week in the contact period that it wasn't snowing. We really wanted this kid and got him. He also said that it points to the continuity we've had with the staff. We have had enough consistency to build relationships and acquire players

Even better, he grew up a Florida fan , was named after Joakim Noah and hated Tennessee when he was younger. He loves it with the staff in place

So just for info but without going through hundreds of posts on recruiting forum. We probably target four this year at WR. Dodson is really smooth in route running. Callahan thinks he gets a significant bump in ratings. Charles power also sounded high on him as well. He had several SEC offers although it was the like of Missouri, Miss, ole Miss, Arkansas, Vandy, etc; sounded to be between us and Missouri mainly in this one.

It’s really huge,” Dodson said. “Even going in my freshman year, like Nico would still be a quarterback my freshman year. So that’s actually huge......😯🤔

Just thought that was a very interesting comment,so we're expecting Nico to stay for another year??Consensus was he leaves for the NFL but now I'm not so sure about that.
I'm not sure anybody I know thinks Nico plays one and done unless he wins the Heisman or NC or something like that. I can see if he does extremely well his second season on The Hill he leaves for the NFL.

I'm not sure anybody I know thinks Nico plays one and done unless he wins the Heisman or NC or something like that. I can see if he does extremely well his second season on The Hill he leaves for the NFL.
Maybe I missed something. I thought the NFL required college players to play at least 3 seasons. Didn’t think you could enter the draft after one or two years.

Reactions: J C Higgins
LOL! There is an element of truth in nearly everything said about the communities in Shelby county mentioned here. And yes, Collierville was a soybean field, formerly known as the sticks. And no, money is not the difference between the two communities. The city of Memphis has mismanaged its enormous budget, infrastructure, and services for the better part 3 decades now.

Reactions: LadyVolette
I didn't think anyone could leave till after their Jr. year?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
LOL! There is an element of truth in nearly everything said about the communities in Shelby county mentioned here. And yes, Collierville was a soybean field, formerly known as the sticks. And no, money is not the difference between the two communities. The city of Memphis has mismanaged its enormous budget, infrastructure, and services for the better part 3 decades now.

The roads, bridges, and interstates are criminal.

The roads, bridges, and interstates are criminal.
It’s a shame. Born there, raised there, left for school. I’ve been back and lived there twice in the last 30 years. It’s my hometown, I’ll never go back. There are varying levels of corruption in many municipal governments, but your last word says it all.

VN Store

Back