JJJ ‘transformed’ body during offseason

iKrager

Barnes: Josiah-Jordan James has "Transformed His Body" | RTI

Those injury issues held James back from making a bigger impact. But according to Rick Barnes, James has taken steps to try and fix that this offseason.
According to long-time Knoxville reporter Jimmy Hyams, Barnes said that James has “transformed his body” this offseason after taking yoga to improve his flexibility. Barnes went on to say that the yoga sessions have been “life-changing” for James.

Did he say yOgA!?

Most of the time I’d be skeptical of the classic “this guy transformed his body, is in the best shape of his life, blah blah” you hear so often, but I actually kind of believe this. JJJ looked downright slow and extremely stiff all season. I assumed it was just his nagging hip injury, which I’m sure did play a part. I remember specifically there were several times where JJJ would be the closest person to a loose ball just couldn’t move his body quick enough or move his body in a good position to snag the ball.

If true and he stays healthy i think it should help his defense tremendously staying in front of guys, hopefully will help his driving and finishing at the rim also which was nonexistent last year.

He won’t be asked to shoulder nearly as much of the offense as last season which should will make him much more efficient overall.

I see him the next few years as really being an 11 or 12/6/6 average type guy who does a lot to help the team win

Flexibility is an often overlooked component of health and wellness. I'm glad to hear he's being mindful of it.
It's made the biggest difference in my broken down beat up body over the last year. I feel better now at 33 then I did at 15 when I had my first knee surgery. I literally have workouts just geared towards flexibility now. It's amazing.

It's made the biggest difference in my broken down beat up body over the last year. I feel better now at 33 then I did at 15 when I had my first knee surgery. I literally have workouts just geared towards flexibility now. It's amazing.
Stretching and flexibility training is something I'm wanting to do more of as well. I've used the excuse in the past of time. I have a 36 year old daughter whose a mother of 3 and she works out really hard and does a lot of this type of training. She's probably in the best shape of her life. I agree with one post that JJJ did seem "tight and inflexible" most of the year and I attributed it to injuries as well.

Glad it's a flexibility transformation. I came here expecting to see a pic of JJJ looking like Tarzan of the Apes. That boy was already chiseled and stout.

Same here. I get just as much from them than hitting the weights.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup
JJJ could be the third scoring option on the team behind Fulkerson and Pons during the 2020-2021 season.

Reactions: WxVol
I've been doing the Diamond Dallas Paige Y.R.G. (Yoga for Regular Guys) program for over 10 years. It's helped me lots as a septuagenarian.

It's a good workout/stretch for the body, don't need it to impact the "mind" haha.

I did some yoga classes for about a year, and stretched my body in ways I never new existed. It did help my flexibility and strength in my shoulders from doing "down dog" so much. But after a while I thought the classes were too long compared to what I could get out of running, swimming, or lifting plus some stretching afterwards. So my yoga now is a simple 7-8 minute set of Warrior I-II-III while watching evening news, that's it. No spiritual revelation for me. It will help James with his tight muscles, but I can't see it "changing his body"! It is a good way to meet women if you like that type, typical ratio was about 4:1 women to men.

Reactions: JelloPuddinPup

VN Store

Back