JJ Peterson's status, requirements and timetable after classes begin

You find this funny?
The Vols prize recruit becoming eligable, not so funny to many
Go Vols
No, becoming eligable is pretty funny. Hope he becomes eligible too.

The absolute vitriol spewed by several posters at the coaching staff for not going and taking his tests for him is rather comical. And we wonder why people laugh at us.

In a way, the Gruden Threads were one of the most encouraging periods of my life. WE saw real human spirit in that thread. We came together as Tennesseans!! My God, the dedication, the heartache!! We shared a lot back then. It takes courage, nay, FAITH!!! to hang onto an idiotic notion for no good reason, ignoring all logic and lack of evidence in the process. It's just pure Volunteer stubbornness, and I'm kind of proud of it in a sick way. It changed me. It changed US!!! We're all Tennesseans Damnit!!! If this years team has half the tenacity that we had at the Gruden Alamo, then we're looking at another Nat'l Title soon!!!!! On a positive note, I did buy the deer gun and killed my first deer. This year I got a bow and I was out this evening looking for velvet before coming home to watch the Almighty Gruden on TV. Sorry to ramble, i'm just literally sitting here right now watching Gruden coach the Raiders in the pre season, and it got me reminiscing. How are everybody else's post-Gruden Thread lives going?

The Gruden threads were the only highlight of the 2017 football season.
They made an intolerable situation entertaining at least.

No, becoming eligable is pretty funny. Hope he becomes eligible too.

The absolute vitriol spewed by several posters at the coaching staff for not going and taking his tests for him is rather comical. And we wonder why people laugh at us.

People laugh at us because we have become a joke of a program. A few posters posting negative opinions isnt the problem. Its been our administration thats the problem.

Reactions: KBVol
So if the final registration was today when does drop/add close? Im guessing that is the deadline

I've been following the Tennessee program a long time and never seen a situation like this. Classes started a week ago tomorrow and he's still not on campus? Yet, we are being told that he is still expected to be here? Weird.

So, whose shift is it to sit at the Peterson house and let all VolNation know when/if the car backs out of the driveway full of JJ’s belongings?

Reactions: photovol
I sat at my desk and laughed! Having said that, anyone that ever thought Gruden was coming and then writes a sob story like that deserves all the abuse they get.

It wasn’t a sob story , he was trying to tell you that the thread was more than just Gruden you lunk heads never got or tried to understand that part of it . We talked about everything under the sun in that thread . The ones that were in there and checked on it everyday understands what all it was about , I believe Freak was also a big fan of the Gruden threads over the years so they couldn’t have been that bad .

It wasn’t a sob story , he was trying to tell you that the thread was more than just Gruden you lunk heads never got or tried to understand that part of it . We talked about everything under the sun in that thread . The ones that were in there and checked on it everyday understands what all it was about , I believe Freak was also a big fan of the Gruden threads over the years so they couldn’t have been that bad .

Yeah, don't worry too much about the folks who didn't get it, Reb. It's their loss.

And you're right, it absolutely was not just about Gruden. I was amazed to find such a tight-knit, fun-loving and enjoyable community hidden inside VolNation. I was never a Grudenite, but I really enjoyed the opportunity to spend time with them for a couple of months. They are a really good crowd, good people.

So some folks don't get that, never looked close enough to find out. *shrug* No skin off the noses of those on the inside, right?

You do know the natural progression of coaches is to first get hired to coach the Raiders, then get fired. Then get hired to coach Tennessee. Soon

Last edited:

VN Store

Back