JJ Peterson ?

What is Peterson's status actually? In school still and working out or not in school? I saw where he was on a roster for spring game but his situation has not been addressed by Pruitt or staff has it except sherer talking about how jj has done a good job in an article before spring game.

I remember watching him run through drills and wondered how he was ever recruited. I bet he tripped and fell on his way back to the dorm to pack his bags.

Anti-player gibe posts like these make me backtrack and agree with what BigOrangeTrain said previously. These are our guys, they play for or hope to play for our team. Dropping an anvil on their heads, and especially when we don't even know what we're talking about, nor have an inkling of their situation verifies BOT comment with resounding credibility. Obviously, I'm very pro-players and apologize to none for that. As long as they're on campus and haven't vilified or otherwise bad publicized the university or team, I stand by them. When/if they leave, I'll wish them the best.

Last edited:
JJ arrived not ready to compete. I am glad they put the brakes on him. Get the grades in order, get in shape, learn the system, then ball out. Better to be successful than to be overwhelmed.
I expect he will step in for an injured player later in the year and stick.
Im with you but I think he sees a lot of playing time early on then maybe just ST till November

As much as I hate to say this...The University of Tennessee is a Higher Learning Institution. He is here for his Grades First...Football Second.

That's a requirement for being a VN'er. When you signed up you were required to submit your certificate to prove your dumb qualification. We all got one. However, I ventured into the VN archives and found yours. It's supposed to be private and the files protected, but Freak is getting sloppy. Don't thank me, I just love helping my fellow Vols fans.

that was a lot of effort with little return.

He's only a RS FR or SO. Give him a break. He has a while to get it together and contribute down the road. I know we expect immediate success but that's not always realistic.
Really didn’t expect immediate success from Peterson last year, was only hopeful that he would handle his class work and get eligible and on campus in the summer, like every other recruit did.....and when he did actually show up, have it be fairly evident that he’d ever done at least 5 pushups in the last 6 months or so....which it wasn’t.

As much as I hate to say this...The University of Tennessee is a Higher Learning Institution. He is here for his Grades First...Football Second.

If this were true, 3/4ths of the football team would not be in Knoxville. Same for every other FBS school practically. Don’t lie to yourself.

What is Peterson's status actually? In school still and working out or not in school? I saw where he was on a roster for spring game but his situation has not been addressed by Pruitt or staff has it except sherer talking about how jj has done a good job in an article before spring game.
A lot of college football players take May off, really their only month off for the year. Some guys stay and work out and some colleges allow Maymester as far as classes. End of next week towards June 1 is when everyone is back and on campus hitting the weights, I’d say he will be there.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Really didn’t expect immediate success from Peterson last year, was only hopeful that he would handle his class work and get eligible and on campus in the summer, like every other recruit did.....and when he did actually show up, have it be fairly evident that he’d ever done at least 5 pushups in the last 6 months or so....which it wasn’t.

If he makes it past his second year without transferring, I'll be shocked.

Reactions: FLVOL_79 and KBVol
I think part of his issue is he did the "I'm in high school and gotta baby" thing. He had to do a LOT of adjustments last year, hopefully he's figured it all out for this season.

VN Store

Back