JJ do better man

No!!!

We need this kind of attitude. About damn time we disrespect these losers.
Agree, If you were at the game, you could see, Vandy was doing everything they could to start something. They were hitting and pushing after the plays were dead and getting in our players faces. Several times I thought the officials should have thrown a flag on them. They play dirty and JJ is an Alpha Dog that ain't letting anyone get the best of him. Man I'm going to miss that guy

5 out of 7 years. Very selective stat. Who has had their tails whipped more the past 10 years? 15? 20? 25? 30? 35? 40? 45? 50? 55? 60?..

See where I am going with this? Vandy has beat tennessee like 14 times since 1928..

a fun fact was put on the jumbotron last night....it stated something to the effect that "Vandy would have to win every game for the next 43 years to tie the W-L record with UT".....Laughed my arse off

We left the game during the last delay. However, we listened to the play on the radio.

It's a stretch for anyone to call this a "stomp." Based on listening to the t.v and reading some of these comments, then watching the posted video....I really thought I was going to see something horrible.

Some of you folks calling him to be suspended for the bowl game, saying he's "classless," or the the best one, I think, I even read he should be in jail. Lol...ya'll would be the worst jurors for ANY defense attorney, their client wouldn't stand a chance.

At best, a person could say "he has poor foot placement."

Thank you for spreading the "Gospel of Patrice." For a comedian, he may have been the most important thinker of a generation. He was also a 100 percent Peyton Manning fan and believed he was the greatest of the era.

Way under appreciated. I still listen to his O&A stuff on occasion.

Reactions: amaralfan1
The step was an accident, but he did take advantage of the opportunity to rough the guy up after a hard tackle.

We will get a lot of crap over this on sec network and other outlets.

Not the best choice by juan

You were right, of course.

SEC Now gang saying the league may take action against JJ(?). Surely he wouldn't have to sit the bowl game...?

It seems out character for him. I know he has gotten the crap knocked out of him for 3-4 years now and he play both ways in high school now you know why. No telling what was going on all game on the field last night.

Just watched our highlights on SEC Now.
Ripped his helmet off and stepped on his face is how they described it.

They had a different camera angle than the one shared in this thread. It looks even worse for JJ
Yeah the different camera angle shows it much better. Awful look.

Hey remember that time the Kentucky player tried to twist the Florida player’s ankle under the pile? That was obvious and intentional. Remember what happened? Nothing. The Vandy player has said it was nothing and they were together after the game. This is a big waste of time over nothing

On the radio I heard a interview that said the plastic tarp they had down on sideline just a yard or two from out of bounds had gathered pool of water and
JJ & Vandy player accellerated once they hit the slip & slide making the slamming into the sound system much worse.
If it was a dry field probably would hit ground and rolled.

Reactions: RollerVol
[QUOTE="Sara Clark, post: 17609626, member: 66856”]

At best, a person could say "he has poor foot placement."[/QUOTE]

I like this theory...maybe “poor foot placement discipline?”

I also like the theory that the candy player was trying to bite his ankle.

It was very obvious that this game meant a lot to JJ. Very proud for the guys that they got the win and finished this incredible run with another W. Go Big Orange!

As much as I’ve enjoyed watching him make plays, that tackle still makes me wonder if JJ should have been a safety instead of a receiver

As much as I’ve enjoyed watching him make plays, that tackle still makes me wonder if JJ should have been a safety instead of a receiver
He plays with passion for sure. Going to miss that passion next year. He's not the most talented receiver we have ever had, but he more than makes up for that with his passion and love for the vols. He loves to be a vol and he is going to fight and claw his way, whatever it takes to not be denied. I hope his attitude has rubbed off on some younger Vols.

Reactions: tbones0711
He had a tackle on special teams early in his career where many thought the same thing. I believe a guy like him would have been successful no matter where he played

[QUOTE="Sara Clark, post: 17609626, member: 66856”]

At best, a person could say "he has poor foot placement."

I like this theory...maybe “poor foot placement discipline?”

I also like the theory that the candy player was trying to bite his ankle.

It was very obvious that this game meant a lot to JJ. Very proud for the guys that they got the win and finished this incredible run with another W. Go Big Orange![/QUOTE]

I agree. We won and in the weather situation we were playing in we were still the superior team. Would have been nice for us to have played in a better weather so we could have beat them handily, like 70-0, but take the W. Juan did a great job of representing our UT and he did on that play too. He didn't do anything other than try to get up while looking at the guys over his left shoulder and his foot grazed the Candy players face. Enough said; move on. W for the good guys!!

I watched it five times.
He stepped on his face.
I can’t tell if it was on purpose or if he was a little off balance and just trying to move.
It is suspicious especially knowing Jennings history of being an animated type of player and his outward dislike for all things Vandy.
However, to say that he “stomped” on or “crushed” his face is going too far, imho.
I think the UTAD probably needs to put out a statement from Jennings saying he didn’t purposely try to harm the player. A call to the Vandy player might also be a nice touch. .02.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
Watched SEC network this morning. This is a terrible look for TN. We can and should dominate on the field in-between the whistles. There is no need, no room, and no glory in this kind of non-football-related loss of self control. If anything, it impacts his capacity on the field. For all that "loved" it, well... hmm....

I am thrilled that JJ is one of ours. I cannot WAIT to see him succeed at the next level. He should be held out of the first 1/2 bowl game by the NCAA. It is in his best interest.

Watched SEC network this morning. This is a terrible look for TN. We can and should dominate on the field in-between the whistles. There is no need, no room, and no glory in this kind of non-football-related loss of self control. If anything, it impacts his capacity on the field. For all that "loved" it, well... hmm....

I am thrilled that JJ is one of ours. I cannot WAIT to see him succeed at the next level. He should be held out of the first 1/2 bowl game by the NCAA. It is in his best interest.
F* *k the rest of the SEC and who gives a damn what they think:rolleyes:

Uh those calling for sec or NCAA to make jj sit in bowl game , how can u do that when the refs didnt think it was bad and throw a flag? That sets a precedent for all football players to receive punishment for any play at any time. No blood was spilled no injury occurred let it go. Bad judgment yes dumb even buts its over. If jj sits in the bowl game we will lose for sure.

VN Store

Back