Jimmy Holliday to WR

Not just him either. Wideman and Beckwith are hardly mentioned

When you add Holiday into the mix, you can see that we landed on sick group of WRs in the 19' class. One or 2 at least will almost certainly become game changers. Some serious athletes w skills > than just catching balls. I like mutiSport elite players (Randy Moss) bc it seems once they lock in on a singular goal, they are just giterdun producers.

Reactions: DeusExMachina
i love having a kid like this on the team. It sounds like he could be a Swiss Army knife . I’ll go back to Mark Jones from the 2000’s who was one of my favorite players . He did it all, offense and defense. Not expecting Holliday on D, but jet sweeps, wildcat, option, screens etc... I’d love to see JC get creative in ways to utilize him.

But, but, but.... @k-town_king said he had plenty of arm and would stay at QB.

Pruitt let's these kids say where they would like to play. I predicted early on (and was mocked by k-town and others) that the kid would want to see the field and his best shot of doing so would be at another position. It took him all of a few weeks comparing himself to the other arms in the QB room before deciding he'd better try something else.

Pruitt let's these kids say where they would like to play. I predicted early on (and was mocked by k-town and others) that the kid would want to see the field and his best shot of doing so would be at another position. It took him all of a few weeks comparing himself to the other arms in the QB room before deciding he'd better try something else.
I don’t remember the several direct quotes but there have been several by @k-town_king bragging about his accuracy when it comes to qbs. Am I mistaken?

You weren’t by yourself...on this one. What I like is the new narrative that if there had been a full Spring practice schedule (and not two), then his LONG TERM career decision would have been different. If he was dug in to be a QB, the coaches were going to indulge him. The only factor that changed from those two practices and now is Salter’s commitment.

You weren’t by yourself...on this one. What I like is the new narrative that if there had been a full Spring practice schedule (and not two), then his LONG TERM career decision would have been different. If he was dug in to be a QB, the coaches were going to indulge him. The only factor that changed from those two practices and now is Salter’s commitment.
Almost mentioned Salter myself.

I just never saw the arm with this kid that suggested he could compete with the kinds of QB's UT is recruiting.

An odd thought crossed my mind. If Maurer were to win the job then IMO that helps Salter v HB. If UT establishes an O on Maurer's skill set for a couple of years then that would seem to align with Salter better than HB. JG is much more the game manager type... which would seem to favor HB to follow him.

Almost mentioned Salter myself.

I just never saw the arm with this kid that suggested he could compete with the kinds of QB's UT is recruiting.

An odd thought crossed my mind. If Maurer were to win the job then IMO that helps Salter v HB. If UT establishes an O on Maurer's skill set for a couple of years then that would seem to align with Salter better than HB. JG is much more the game manager type... which would seem to favor HB to follow him.
Salter gets better and better and Bailey will have to deal with him sooner rather than later, but Salter’s high school offense is based more on outathleting other athletic teams in this area. Never been a pawn to redshirting for the sake of redshirting, but I think Salter needs one full season of immersion in this scheme THEN his physical gifts will make him a threat for the starting job. Bailey has 2-3 seasons worth of head start imo. And no matter the myth of how your QB has to be a dual threat to win championships, whoever recognizes the defenses and gets the ball to the most dangerous weapons should always be the one behind center. Mahomes can make you pay with his legs but designed runs aren’t the bread and butter of the RPO...see Nick Foles.

I don’t remember the several direct quotes but there have been several by @k-town_king bragging about his accuracy when it comes to qbs. Am I mistaken?
Vq already said that he would have played qb if there was a spring. Covid changed that. We had no spring which he needed to have any chance to impress and improve at qb. Then we got a commit from a qb rated higher than Bailey even is.

Things change.

Sorry guys. I know you would love to finally have something over me. Shoot and a miss once again.
giphy.gif

Vq already said that he would have played qb if there was a spring. Covid changed that. We had no spring which he needed to have any chance to impress and improve at qb. Then we got a commit from a qb rated higher than Bailey even is.

Things change.

Sorry guys. I know you would love to finally have something over me. Shoot and a miss once again.
giphy.gif
We both read what they said and you came up with what you did...as usual nowhere close. You said he was all in as a QB. If he was, he still would be. He’s moved on...take a cue. Lots and lots of windmills to joust!

And Salter (deservedly) got bumped up to 4 star...Bailey was a 5 star. Nice missed gif.

Last edited:
Reactions: Big Al Orange

Things change.

giphy.gif
Dude trust me. We don’t have to swing very hard or often with as much as you “miss” the plate. We’ll take the walk.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols

I did believe they would at least redshirt him and give him a free year to try get up to speed of playing college QB to be able to compete for back up in 2021.

But he's a really good player so this isn't a surprise even though it is kind of soon.

Too much talent at QB right now anyway, so he saw that I guess.

I did believe they would at least redshirt him and give him a free year to try get up to speed of playing college QB to be able to compete for back up in 2021.

But he's a really good player so this isn't a surprise even though it is kind of soon.

Too much talent at QB right now anyway, so he saw that I guess.
They would have if he wanted it...writing and walls and stuff.

This is great news. He runs a 4.38 forty, and has great lateral quickness. Him, Callaway, and ultra fast Hyatt ...we got MUCH faster at receiver in the offseason.

Dont get me wrong..I LOVE the 2 we just sent to the NFL...but these kids are much, much faster...and we still have Palmer, Johnson, and Beckwith etc as our big body posession type receivers for the red zone.

We just need somebody to get them the ball...on TIME and ACCURATELY....

Things change.

giphy.gif
I know you think that this kind of distortion covers you... but you'd look better if you simply admitted you were wrong.... because you were. The kid doesn't have the arm to be a full time SEC QB. You could see it in his highlights if you weren't looking at.... something else. At the very, very best he was a long term project as a QB and would have likely never started for UT.

You aren't honest enough to admit you were wrong... but there it is.

Salter gets better and better and Bailey will have to deal with him sooner rather than later, but Salter’s high school offense is based more on outathleting other athletic teams in this area. Never been a pawn to redshirting for the sake of redshirting, but I think Salter needs one full season of immersion in this scheme THEN his physical gifts will make him a threat for the starting job. Bailey has 2-3 seasons worth of head start imo. And no matter the myth of how your QB has to be a dual threat to win championships, whoever recognizes the defenses and gets the ball to the most dangerous weapons should always be the one behind center. Mahomes can make you pay with his legs but designed runs aren’t the bread and butter of the RPO...see Nick Foles.
Yeah. Decision making speed and quality will always be the first and foremost talent a QB has to possess- Along with being able to anticipate throws and defensive movement.

Things change.

giphy.gif

For what's it worth he could still be a very good D1 QB. Just not with the QB room that UT has now.

It said it was HIS choice to change. He could havr bitten the bullet and just sat....and learned....and developed for 3 years and then come on a RSJR and took the SEC by storm.

Reactions: k-town_king

VN Store

Back