JG is with coach Zach Azzani @ Denver

Matt Simms wasn’t very good at throwing the football while at UT…yet made the Jets roster for three seasons and registered some stats. Added five more seasons on the practice squad…so he gets a NFL pension someday. Doesn’t qualify him as a “success” as a Vol and nothing on JG’s resume at UT or Washington State does otherwise. I agree with your annoyance at constant references to him years after his time TRYING to win for us. But you can’t talk revisionist success into existence based on him making practice squads. The Cardinals and now the Broncos are kicking the figurative tires in search of potential talent. He’s benefited so far.

I like the guy anyway. Always stand with the guy who tries, when everyone else says he can't. Always will. I'm just weird, and wired that way. Without apologies.

Reactions: Winchester73
It's proof that QBs are difficult to evaluate.

He had all the tools to be very successful. Just never could put it all together with consistency.
I just never understood how in God's name he earned the ranking of top dual threat QB coming out of high school when I've seen glaciers that were faster. How was he so misevaluated??

I still think his real misfortune was having coaches at the UT who didn't know what they were doing. I'm not sure he ever had a bona fide QB coach while at the UT. Incompetent clowns, yes, but not QB coaches.
So what excuses do you have for his time at Washington st. where he got beat out by a 6ft tall walk on?

Reactions: Big Al Orange
So what excuses do you have for his time at Washington st. where he got beat out by a 6ft tall walk on?

You really like hating on JG, don't you? Powder dry? Ball loaded? Ready to take aim at JoMil this season? Sure you are.

Reactions: the_todd
Doubt it considering this offense requires the QB to make quick decisions.

The college game went too fast for JG.

Guarantano breaks record, continues efficient season in win

Jarrett Guarantano has thrown for 200 yards only twice in Tennessee’s first 10 games this season, but he has made up for his not-so-gaudy numbers with his efficiency.

On Saturday, he made some history in the process.

Guarantano continued his strong showing this year in his first full season as the Vols’ starting quarterback by setting a school record for consecutive pass attempts without an interception Saturday during Tennessee’s 24-7 upset of 11th-ranked Kentucky.

After finishing 12-of-20 passing for 197 yards and two touchdowns against the Wildcats, the Vols’ redshirt sophomore quarterback now has thrown 146 consecutive passes without an interception. Through 10 games this season, he has completed 65.1 percent of his passes for 1,768 yards, 11 touchdowns and just two interceptions.

I just never understood how in God's name he earned the ranking of top dual threat QB coming out of high school when I've seen glaciers that were faster. How was he so misevaluated??

I dont understant either. Even his hs stats do not shpw good qb stats

“till” for until. There’s not even a second L in until

Those d*mned Northumbrians:

"Many assume that till is an abbreviated form of until. Actually, it is a distinctive word that existed in English at least a century before until, both as a preposition meaning “to” and a conjunction meaning “until.” It has seen continuous use in English since the 12th century and is a perfectly legitimate synonym of until."

Definition of TILL

Those d*mned Northumbrians:

"Many assume that till is an abbreviated form of until. Actually, it is a distinctive word that existed in English at least a century before until, both as a preposition meaning “to” and a conjunction meaning “until.” It has seen continuous use in English since the 12th century and is a perfectly legitimate synonym of until."

Definition of TILL
Someone lengthened till to until? Who tf decided it’s ok to use opposites for the same word. I hate it even more now lol.

Till will always be a noun or verb to me. As a geologist it really only has one meaning to me. And even if it’s not a literal abbreviation of until, it’s still a one-letter-shorter way of writing the same word (that looks dumb!)

Reactions: DuckInAPen

Because he went to the right camps and he had decent size. Recruiting is also about who you know and your ability to travel across the country and attend camps. You get one decent school to offer and then the others notice and start offering too because they don’t want to miss out or look like they totally overlooked a kid. There might be some payola stuff going on with the recruiting services also. Would not surprise me.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Because he went to the right camps and he had decent size. Recruiting is also about who you know and your ability to travel across the country and attend camps. You get one decent school to offer and then the others notice and start offering too because they don’t want to miss out or look like they totally overlooked a kid. There might be some payola stuff going on with the recruiting services also. Would not surprise me.
Who gets “paid” and by WHOM. Daddy Guarantano is no tycoon.

Who gets “paid” and by WHOM. Daddy Guarantano is no tycoon.

It was more of a general statement not really directed at JG. Recruiting seems to also attract a lot of shady people that are looking to cash in on a kid. Wouldn’t surprise me at all if cash was exchanged for a small bump up in the player rankings or a flattering evaluation.

VN Store

Back