JG is now your starting QB ... he has earned it

I didn’t read any of your comments. Because that’s what JG does for us. He is either fire or a complete miss. I live his drive and personality. Nothing personal ever vs the kid.

He has earned it. Played pretty good last 2 games. Anyone know when the cast comes off?

I mean why change now, start Jennings for a play then put him in. Why it matters to him: superstition, luck, lowered pressure; who knows but don't mess with it.

Oh good lord op. Mauer wasn’t playing bad. They decided to air out the ball with jg and it worked. But let’s keep things in perspective...he’s played some of the worst football any qb ever had at TN. And if mauer has been left in the game I think we still win.

Nope. Maurer was ineffective, and does not yet have enough experience to run the offense, that is more than obvious. And as much as you love you some MAURER, you'd think you would at least learn to spell his damn name.

I think he’s earned it...he’s not a very good QB but gives us the best chance to get bowl eligible. That will be big for recruiting...it let’s Pruitt sell the narrative that we’re turning it around and just need a few more players...

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Oh good lord op. Mauer wasn’t playing bad. They decided to air out the ball with jg and it worked. But let’s keep things in perspective...he’s played some of the worst football any qb ever had at TN. And if mauer has been left in the game I think we still win.

You sound silly, we dont win this game if BM is still in after halftime.

what games have you been watching. Statistically JG is putting up great numbers I keep hearing people swear how terrible he is then look at his stats and am very confused as to what folks are talking about.

Outside of the boneheaded move vs Bama and sorry every QB has a brainfart or three like that in a season especially one under the pressure he's been under. The games we lost that we should have won our Offense and JG did enough to win. Period. Our defense lost those games. Everytime they put another QB in they end up bringing in JG to win it after they flop. Look at Maurers stats vs his he is appreciably worse in every respect except for rushing and that difference is minimal it not like Maurer is the second coming of Dobbs.

Seriously stop the madness.

Apparently, I was watching a different game.

Oh good lord op. Mauer wasn’t playing bad. They decided to air out the ball with jg and it worked. But let’s keep things in perspective...he’s played some of the worst football any qb ever had at TN. And if mauer has been l
eft in the game I think we still win.

Oh Good Lord!!!

I have been as down on him as anyone but I give him credit for playing what I think is his best half of football. If he can play like that consistently he gives us a chance to be very good. But he has to cleanup the mistakes. I think it also tells us something about our coach. If he listened to us fans, JG wouldn't see the field but he is showing that he will not give up on a kid and I think that will play very well as he builds this team. For sure, we do not win the game without JG. Good job, young man.

Been saying it since before the Bama game JG is who gets us to a Bowl. Who we start after that does not matter but without him we are sitting at 2 wins right now instead of 5 he has played a major role in every win we have had. I am totally confused why they keep starting the young guys over him and why we blew Maurers redshirt but water under the bridge now. If we can end this season 7-6/8-5 I'll be happy as heck. Those 15 extra practices are game changing and often underestimated for a team this young especially with a staff that develops talent like this one.

I’ve been a JG hater all along but I felt relief when he came in the 2nd half. We definitely do not win this game without him. Happy for him and our defense tonight. JG has earned the right to be the starter going forward. Let’s win out and finish 8-5 with a bowl win. GBO

VN Store

Back