JG helping out Shrout

Lulz, yea I wasn't trying to make a big deal of it, just thought it was low rent to show up and bash Brandon cause he's mad at greezball. Brandon is open to criticism just like anyone else, just not like that IMO.

Cousin? Why do I keep thinking its his nephew?
I believe that he is. 2nd cousin it is.

If Greazy's comments have gotten to you that bad maybe it's time for a xanax.
Maybe you’re to eager to self medicate? I don’t consider being annoyed a “bad” condition warranting a doctor...but you do you.

Maybe you’re to eager to self medicate? I don’t consider being annoyed a “bad” condition warranting a doctor...but you do you.
Hey, wishing a kid off the team simply because he has a family member that believes in him is harsh, you need something........maybe get laid?

:p:p:p:p

You do realize that Johnson simply wasn't given hardly any playing time, right? How the **** is he supposed to catch passes when the coaches dont put him in the game because they feel they have better options. Deal with it.
The inexperienced JG three to him...the more experienced version didn’t. Something there.

Hey, wishing a kid off the team simply because he has a family member that believes in him is harsh, you need something........maybe get laid?

:p:p:p:p
I didn’t say kick him off the team...just let nature (or eligibility) take it’s course. So you’ve gone from drugs to whores? You in Vegas?

Reactions: tntar heel and Behr
He thinks of himself as his uncle and maybe that’s their relationship, but he’s stated that he’s a cousin to Charles Johnson...Brandon’s dad. I don’t have personal criticism of the player.
I know, you've explained that to me before. I don't know why I keep thinking he's the uncle.

Not turning the ball over is exactly how you win in college and pros

It isn't working right now because our defense is terrible and we can't run the ball.
That's a nice cliche but it isn't the only thing needed to win games. JG's inability to use the middle of the field, make good pre-snap reads, and his habit of delivering the ball late factor in as well.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
That's a nice cliche but it isn't the only thing needed to win games. JG's inability to use the middle of the field, make good pre-snap reads, and his habit of delivering the ball late factor in as well.
You don't have those issues and not turn the ball over and have a good ypa with a good rating.

He does those well or he would have turnovers and a low completion percentage.

Last edited:

It isn't a cliche. Look at the success the Jaguars had for years with Blake Bortles at QB. The recipe for that squad was a great offensive line, game manager QB, elite running back and dominant defense. If JG is a game manager level QB then he needs a defense to prevent him from getting behind. He needs a defense that can create turnovers and actually put the offense in good starting field position. He also needs a running back that can threaten the defense both running between the tackles and catching passes.

Our offensive line was garbage. All of our running backs are terrible at running routes and YAC. I'm hoping Eric Gray will bring some elusiveness and pass catching ability to the backfield.

Eric Gray Ultimate Highlights

It isn't a cliche. Look at the success the Jaguars had for years with Blake Bortles at QB. The recipe for that squad was a great offensive line, game manager QB, elite running back and dominant defense. If JG is a game manager level QB then he needs a defense to prevent him from getting behind. He needs a defense that can create turnovers and actually put the offense in good starting field position. He also needs a running back that can threaten the defense both running between the tackles and catching passes.

Our offensive line was garbage. All of our running backs are terrible at running routes and YAC. I'm hoping Eric Gray will bring some elusiveness and pass catching ability to the backfield.

Eric Gray Ultimate Highlights
Just another sophisticated effort to deflect blame from JG. He hasn't been "managing the O". He's been being managed. They haven't asked him to do things where he could make a lot of crucial mistakes.

OK to say it is the D's fault. OK to call the OL trash. OK to blame the RB's.... but suggest that JG's weaknesses were part of the problem... just can't be allowed.

Avoiding turnovers through low risk offense works to a point... but ONLY to a point as VERY well illustrated by UT last fall. You also have to account for how much pressure an ineffective offense that doesn't score points puts on a defense. Yes... you said that but only after excluding JG from any part of the ineffectiveness.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
You don't have those issues and not turn the ball over and have a good ypa with a good rating.
So you now have a tangible, real, meaningful set of claims you can prove/disprove. Go back and actually WATCH how many times JG uses the middle of the field and particularly the short and mid-range middle. Count the number of slant passes he completes... quick outs... hitches... hooks... drags. Count the number of times he throws over the top and hits a receiver in stride. Then compare that to the number of completions to a receiver standing still or barely moving and players who had to stop or redirect to catch a pass.

To disprove his trouble with pre-snap reads, track the percentage of passes he threw as soon as he planted his back foot on his drop. That's one indicator. That means he found the opening based on the alignment and coverage tells. This also factors into him being frequently late delivering the ball. He has to "think" a half count too long.

He does those well or he would have turnovers and a low completion percentage.
Simply put... you are wrong. They managed the risk so tightly that he had low turnovers and high completions... but couldn't move the O. But you can prove me wrong by simply going back and reviewing the games. I could be remembering it wrong... but I'm 99% sure I'm not. But by all means... have at it.

This is also where you get into the overlap between his inabilities and the OL problems. He needed to be a guy who got the ball out and read D's as effectively as Drew Lock. Lock would kill a D if they even hinted at pressure. In fact Lock makes a GREAT counter argument to your non-sense. Mizzou didn't have an incredibly talented OL. Their receivers were no better and probably worse than UT's. Their RB's are "system" players. Yet Lock was better than JG in pretty much every stat. He LOVED the middle of the field. Timing passes kept pressure away and opened up running lanes.

What Lock was... is what JG needs to become.

Last edited:
So you now have a tangible, real, meaningful set of claims you can prove/disprove. Go back and actually WATCH how many times JG uses the middle of the field and particularly the short and mid-range middle. Count the number of slant passes he completes... quick outs... hitches... hooks... drags. Count the number of times he throws over the top and hits a receiver in stride. Then compare that to the number of completions to a receiver standing still or barely moving and players who had to stop or redirect to catch a pass.

To disprove his trouble with pre-snap reads, track the percentage of passes he threw as soon as he planted his back foot on his drop. That's one indicator. That means he found the opening based on the alignment and coverage tells. This also factors into him being frequently late delivering the ball. He has to "think" a half count too long.

Simply put... you are wrong. They managed the risk so tightly that he had low turnovers and high completions... but couldn't move the O. But you can prove me wrong by simply going back and reviewing the games. I could be remembering it wrong... but I'm 99% sure I'm not. But by all means... have at it.

This is also where you get into the overlap between his inabilities and the OL problems. He needed to be a guy who got the ball out and read D's as effectively as Drew Lock. Lock would kill a D if they even hinted at pressure. In fact Lock makes a GREAT counter argument to your non-sense. Mizzou didn't have an incredibly talented OL. Their receivers were no better and probably worse than UT's. Their RB's are "system" players. Yet Lock was better than JG in pretty much every stat. He LOVED the middle of the field. Timing passes kept pressure away and opened up running lanes.

tenor.gif

Has more guts than ANYONE on the team. Has a strong arm.

Say that to Trey Smith's face and maybe you will see your own guts!!! Stupid quote! Are you serious? Lots of P5 QBs have strong arm! That doesn't make them a great QB!!!

Finally, a poster who understands the difference in a SERVICEABLE vs a GREAT QB!!!!!!!

I am tired of this efficiency crap every thread about a debate of JG being a great SEC QB. It isn't hard to be efficient when you dump off the ball and throw a ton of short passes most all the time. It is a HUGE JOKE you are comparing JG to Manning!!! Those two names don't go in the same sentence at this time. Let's hope they do in two years. My money says they will not!!!

Do you have proof of this dinking and dunking or just an inclination? Fwiw JG was dead last in the SEC in pass attempts, yet 8th in passes of 30+ yards. Comparing him to Lock, a higher percentage of JG's passes were for 10+, 20+, and 30+ yards.

Where's your proof? Or just keep posting feelings idc

Reactions: k-town_king
You also have to account for how much pressure an ineffective offense that doesn't score points puts on a defense. Yes... you said that but only after excluding JG from any part of the ineffectiveness.

We were the dead last rushing team in the SEC, middle in passing. Inefficient offense? Overall yup, but it was the dead last rushing doing much of the damage, especially when playcalling was overwhelmingly run. Not sure why the above is hard to get. JG has a lot to work on, but he's not the anchor holding the offense down.

Just another sophisticated effort to deflect blame from JG. He hasn't been "managing the O". He's been being managed. They haven't asked him to do things where he could make a lot of crucial mistakes.

OK to say it is the D's fault. OK to call the OL trash. OK to blame the RB's.... but suggest that JG's weaknesses were part of the problem... just can't be allowed.

Avoiding turnovers through low risk offense works to a point... but ONLY to a point as VERY well illustrated by UT last fall. You also have to account for how much pressure an ineffective offense that doesn't score points puts on a defense. Yes... you said that but only after excluding JG from any part of the ineffectiveness.

I am not deflecting blame from JG. Everyone is to blame. That is the reality of the situation.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back