JG helping out Shrout

Your statement is BEYOND STUPID!!! What stats are you going to throw at us besides pass efficiency due to dumping off passes and throwing short passes most of the time? Below are some stats for you. JG isn't in the top 5 in any other category outside of efficiency out of 14 starting QBs. Do you think those short passes, holding onto the ball too long, and lack of reading defenses are going to help UT beat UGA, UF, or even USC or Mizz anytime soon? Unless, Chaney does a monster job with JG. It is mediocrity at best again for JG. When will you knuckle heads start realizing he doesn't have what it takes to be an ELITE SEC QB? I hope CJC changes JG and I eat crow. Until then, probably 2/3s of the posters on this board need to PROVE WITH STATS HOW GREAT JG IS and how it is all the lines fault.

Hell, UT couldn't run the ball with as much success as they could before and after Peyton was at UT for four years. UT had to rely on Peyton's intelligience and arm. In my opinion, UT relied too much on Peyton and didn't do enough to make the run game more successful. That is why Peyton continually lost to Florida. Yet, Peyton's stats were off the charts. Do you think all P5 QBs that have better stats than JG have a good or great OL? I bet I can throw out more stats showing you they don't. Great QBs make great presnap reads, hot reads, blitz reads, and get rid of the ball quicker to be more successful to offset average to bad OL play!!! JG hasn't shown me and a lot of people on this board that he can do any of those things. I hope CJC changes that this year.

Out of 14 starting QBs: completions 12th (hell, the UK QB had more completions, sad), completion % 6th (again, UK QB had a better completion %), yards per attempt 6th, longest pass completed 13th ( there were also 4 non starting QBs that had a longer yardage completion), sacks against 8th (not all on OL, throw some balls away and learn to read blitzes), QBR 8th (atleast 5 backup QBs had better QBR's too!)

I can't believe all of you JG pumpers even saw the AL game. Did you see KC move the ball down the field on Bama twice to score TDs when JG was doing nothing? I really do hope JG turns the corner in 2019 and turns out to be great. That will be great for UT. But, I don't understand why 2/3s of this board makes constant excuses for him, bashes others that are critical, and continually blames the OL and talks about his pass efficiency. There is a lot more to a QB leading a team to win games than pass efficiency. Hell, anyone can have great pass efficiency when they are too scared to throw the ball that they take a sack or they find someone to dump off the ball to that gets hammered at or behind the line of scrimmage!!!

2018 SEC College Football Individual Statistics Leaders for Passing - ESPN

Couldnt said it any better..It shouldn't take 3 years to see if u have ur QB or not..
l

The Uk Qb also had a more efficient line !! I don't care what your pre-snap reads are if the defense is in the backfield by the time you touch the ball !! you don't have to be the head cashier at the local wal-mart to see that ! what is BEYOND STUPID is hating a kid to the point that you root against him to the point that you have to write a book on a message board just to bash him !

Id be willing to bet those backups that had better ratings , had receivers make plays and not drop balls that hit em in the hands. I'd bet their Oline gave those backups time to go thru progressions!
IMO JG's biggest downfall is his legs. kid is definitely not Dual threat. but he protects the ball and makes good passes when he has time. He has only threw 5 picks in two years with over 350 attempts !

Its hard to understand how YOU and Others on this board can condemn a kid who hasn't been given a fair shake. if the LINE and RECIEVERS improve JG's game will improve if not they wont CJC be damned .

I don't have a thing against JG. He has worked hard and earned his VFL status! I hope FINALLY does GREAT, not just well. I am tired of people making excuses for his inadequacies and throwing the OL and whole O under the bus due to some of his inadequacies. Some on here see no wrong in his on the field performance. I have never trashed the player. I am trashing the posters that seem to think all that question JG's abilities have no stats or reasons to ask themselves if JG will ever turn the corner and be MORE THAN A SERVICEABLE QB. If UT wants to beat UF and UGA regularly, a serviceable QB will not get it done!!! That is what most on here really mean. It isn't about bashing a player. JG doesn't deserve to be bashed!!!

Couldnt said it any better..It shouldn't take 3 years to see if u have ur QB or not..
l

If Pruitt and Chaney start JG this season, I'll trust them over you or any other blow hard.

I don't know why its so hard for some of you to understand. Evidently the coaches see something in person that you don't see on TV sitting in your lazy boy sucking on a Colt 45. It ain't all the lines fault, or the receivers fault or Aunt Jenny's fault, but it ain't all JG's fault either.

Yea, I know, that's already been said at least a dozen times. You're more than welcome to bring something new to the table.

I get that. I've got this one Michigan fan at my church that drives my batchit crazy. Back during the hiring and the honeymoon of Harbaugh, I almost kilt him. So I have a strong hatred for Michigan, but I don't let him get in the way of my love of hating the gators.

#1. Florida is here.
v
v
v
v
v
#2. Alabama is here.
#3. Notre Dame is here.
Yeah, I used to actually pull for UM over Tosu but I can't stand either one anymore. Notre Dame is up there as my #1 non-SEC team to hate followed closely by Miami and FSU (born from living in S FL for 16 years). Dislike their entitled butts as much as Candy.

I don't think Chaney starts JG unless he deserves it or, he's the best we have. I know that sounds obvious, but its hard to tell if some understand that. I expect Chaney and Weinke to have JG performing at his absolute best and I have a feeling its gonna be pretty damn good. I'm not expecting a miracle or anything, but I expect there will be some that stfu about him "sucking".

I know what you mean and try to ignore it.
Why can one not fully agree with this and still say JG needs to improve X, Y, Z? I hope to have to eat some of that Crow and that JG shines vs. having to live through another first year QB while CJP is getting his feet under him in year 2.

Thats it? He barely throw ints because he dont take chances..Im not trying to be a hater..People blame the o line when u had a All American Left tackle that protected his blind side..So most of the pressure JG saw was coming right in front of him..JG had time to make throws he just hold on to the ball to long..
I obviously missed JG's 3 year on the field because that ain't the game I saw.

Why can one not fully agree with this and still say JG needs to improve X, Y, Z? I hope to have to eat some of that Crow and that JG shines vs. having to live through another first year QB while CJP is getting his feet under him in year 2.

I didn't say you couldn't. I basically said he needs improvement by what I said about Chaney and Weinke. I don't man, its weird that if I don't actually say "I think JG needs to improve " then some think I believe he's perfect and its everybody else's fault. OR, if I don't say "JG is perfect and needs NO improvement" I hate him. I just asked a question last night and JG was my "Golden Boy". Haha.

I agree, no reflection on Brandon. He is his own person, just like any player on the team, they will make their own way, or they won’t. I hate to see a any player go through 4 or 5 years of college and not reach what they envisioned at the start. I also don’t care for someone to pile on the dog, so to speak.

Reactions: Rocky_top08
I don't have a thing against JG. He has worked hard and earned his VFL status! I hope FINALLY does GREAT, not just well. I am tired of people making excuses for his inadequacies and throwing the OL and whole O under the bus due to some of his inadequacies. Some on here see no wrong in his on the field performance. I have never trashed the player. I am trashing the posters that seem to think all that question JG's abilities have no stats or reasons to ask themselves if JG will ever turn the corner and be MORE THAN A SERVICEABLE QB. If UT wants to beat UF and UGA regularly, a serviceable QB will not get it done!!! That is what most on here really mean. It isn't about bashing a player. JG doesn't deserve to be bashed!!!

you must have misunderstood me, or I failed to relay my opinion clearly. I'm not making excuses for the kid , just saying that there is a lot of factors that can cause a QB to fail , and sometimes it isn't just his shortcomings !! If that is truly what most on here mean then it gets lost in the sauce because the majority of it has sure seemed like bashing !

Whatever. I think its cheap to use a player/family in a personal attack. They're both butthurt and now Brandon is a part of it.
Kid has worked his butt off and had mixed success. Root of that is open to interpretation. Seems like a classy young man but his country azz cuzin makes me glad that this is his final year of eligibility barring unforeseen circumstances. God bearing a grudge against me prolly results in GreazeyTrap being addicted to this board and sticking around with his enlightened takes x infinity. 😖

Reactions: Behr
Your butthurt over Brandon Johnson being buried on the depth chart is obvious. Maybe he needs to transfer to a team in a much easier conference where maybe his skill can enable him to start.

He was good enough to lead this team with catches and yards as a sophmore..With a inexperienced JG so miss me with that..

Trey wasn’t All-American as an OT...if that’s what you were going for.

Dont act like Trey was not elite..Its unfortunate that he has a health issue but take away the issue, he was going to be a top 10 pick..He was preseason 1st team all SEC..coming in last season

Reactions: LittleVol
He was good enough to lead this team with catches and yards as a sophmore..With a inexperienced JG so miss me with that..
You do realize that Johnson simply wasn't given hardly any playing time, right? How the **** is he supposed to catch passes when the coaches dont put him in the game because they feel they have better options. Deal with it.

Reactions: VolsGrad1989
Kid has worked his butt off and had mixed success. Root of that is open to interpretation. Seems like a classy young man but his country azz cuzin makes me glad that this is his final year of eligibility barring unforeseen circumstances. God bearing a grudge against me prolly results in GreazeyTrap being addicted to this board and sticking around with his enlightened takes x infinity. 😖

Lulz, yea I wasn't trying to make a big deal of it, just thought it was low rent to show up and bash Brandon cause he's mad at greezball. Brandon is open to criticism just like anyone else, just not like that IMO.

Cousin? Why do I keep thinking its his nephew?

Dont act like Trey was not elite..Its unfortunate that he has a health issue but take away the issue, he was going to be a top 10 pick..He was preseason 1st team all SEC..coming in last season
So we went from All-American to “pre-season 1st team all-SEC”? Quit your jive azz deflection inferring that I said he wasn’t ELITE. He is/was...as an OG! He never made All-American at OT.

If Greazy's comments have gotten to you that bad maybe it's time for a xanax.

Lulz, yea I wasn't trying to make a big deal of it, just thought it was low rent to show up and bash Brandon cause he's mad at greezball. Brandon is open to criticism just like anyone else, just not like that IMO.

Cousin? Why do I keep thinking its his nephew?
He thinks of himself as his uncle and maybe that’s their relationship, but he’s stated that he’s a cousin to Charles Johnson...Brandon’s dad. I don’t have personal criticism of the player.

VN Store

Back