JG 2020

I think people are taking JG and his experience for granted. I believe he’ll be TN’s QB and leader for the 2020 campaign, and will cement his legacy as one of UT’s greatest QB’s (based on stats and growth as a player).

JG struggled adapted to a new offense, which he was forced to do throughout his career thus far. But after a year in the system, and the experience he’s gained, I feel like JG will be among the leading QB’s in the SEC next season, and will even be mentioned in the heisman discussions a few times.

giphy.gif

I wish that was it. Not sure, but the he is late on throws instead of trusting the route and throwing before the WR is open. Not sure if that is fixable.
mat times he played great, but I have no idea why at times at the end of the year he just was playing so bad. The Indiana game is really JG all in one game. Looks terrible for a quarter, then looks great for last 5 mins. If he would play the whole game like that we would have won by 40.

Anyway, not sure if it is the system, but we shall see

I think people are taking JG and his experience for granted. I believe he’ll be TN’s QB and leader for the 2020 campaign, and will cement his legacy as one of UT’s greatest QB’s (based on stats and growth as a player).

JG struggled adapted to a new offense, which he was forced to do throughout his career thus far. But after a year in the system, and the experience he’s gained, I feel like JG will be among the leading QB’s in the SEC next season, and will even be mentioned in the heisman discussions a few times.

JG is a tough kid and plays decent level at times but he really struggles with his reads and that will never fly in SEC. He usually gets confused on stunts or switches that defenses throw at him. At times, especially in red zone, he goes with the first read and stares down the receiver. I am not saying these things are unfixable but a lot of reads and progression abilities are natural to QBs or they come with hours of repetition. If JG doesn't have it in all these years, it would be almost AMAZING that he develops in 6th year.

Now he is a decent QB. He has shown that and nothing or no one can take that away from him. Unfortunately for him he plays in a league where our rival defenses are future NFL first second round picks (GA, Alabama, FL etc). He would do good at schools where they play 8-10 games against weaker competition.

I hope you are correct and he becomes amazing but I find it hard to believe it will happen.

I was with you until the last line.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16

E39C4742-89F2-4E02-8D50-284751C85B43.jpeg

After these comments, if I’m JG I transfer simply because of the ****** fans who complain after being lead to 6 straight wins. Bunch of spoiled brats around here.
Well, alrighty then.

Look, I admire the crap out of JG as someone forced into insane circumstances and trying to scramble through, but despite his amazing stubbornness and ability to come back from adversity, he is just not a high-level NCAA quarterback. A great human being, yes; a decent QB who did what he could, yes; but there are so far some very real issues involving decision-making and reaction-time that simply will not go away despite any hand-wringing that fans might do.

I will honor him forever for being Our Guy during the bad years, but he was a placeholder during the bad years, and he didn’t do magic in overcoming our limitations the way that Dobbs did. {{{{{Hugs}}}}} to him for doing the best that he could do.

This is a bit premature. He still may declare for the NFL draft in the next few days...

He had a full season to learn the offense. And the very last game of the season (the bowl game) he still looked like a true freshman.

Learning the offense is not his problem. Making accurate throws and being able to read a defense and feel pressure is.

Nice troll job though. The moment you put Heisman and JG in the same post you lost all credibility.

VN Store

Back