JG’s Growth at QB

I think I remember him saying that once or twice tbh. Could’ve been someone else but I know I’ve read it.

One thing is certain. Before last season his MAJOR defense of JG was poor Oline play. How could anyone disagree back then? He hasn’t brought that up in about a year now. 🤔
That is Pulaski's argument. OLine and RB play are the reason JG under achieved.

That is Pulaski's argument. OLine and RB play are the reason JG under achieved.
They both argued the same things. Hence them both being accused of being the same person on multiple occasions. But you’re right.

A little history story for ya. This time a year ago KTown and I had no problems. Until he made a comment about the o line not giving JG time. It just so happened that I had just gotten done breaking down the film of the Alabama game the weekend before. So I chose to inform him that JG had 3 seconds on every play until the 40 min mark of the video. There was a grand total of 3 plays where he had less than 3 seconds to throw. Of coarse we’ve had issues every since. And I’m sure I’m in their “JG hater” group as a result.

They both argued the same things. Hence them both being accused of being the same person on multiple occasions. But you’re right.

A little history story for ya. This time a year ago KTown and I had no problems. Until he made a comment about the o line not giving JG time. It just so happened that I had just gotten done breaking down the film of the Alabama game the weekend before. So I chose to inform him that JG had 3 seconds on every play until the 40 min mark of the video. There was a grand total of 3 plays where he had less than 3 seconds to throw. Of coarse we’ve had issues every since. And I’m sure I’m in their “JG hater” group as a result.
All of us who discuss JGs flaws (in addition to BM and JTS) are JG Haters, or Never JGers as Pulaski likes to call it.

I've only seen this type of unbelievable obsession over a college kid one other time....by D4H. I sometimes wonder if K-town and D4H are one in the same as well. Their posting style is incredibly similar. D4H even made an appearance in this thread I believe when we were discussing if they are the same. Weirdly coincidental.

Regardless.....bottom line...we all hope JG has drastic improvement, as he is likely the starter to begin the season. Evidence says he won't do it. I hope BM or HB can come in and challenge him and bring early success. I will have to take a break from the boards if BM or HB play and make a mistake though, as the few JG irrational fans will swarm the boards with their unfounded "I told you so's". I might just say a few words I'll get banned for.

Reactions: 1vol8
All of us who discuss JGs flaws (in addition to BM and JTS) are JG Haters, or Never JGers as Pulaski likes to call it.

I've only seen this type of unbelievable obsession over a college kid one other time....by D4H. I sometimes wonder if K-town and D4H are one in the same as well. Their posting style is incredibly similar. D4H even made an appearance in this thread I believe when we were discussing if they are the same. Weirdly coincidental.

Regardless.....bottom line...we all hope JG has drastic improvement, as he is likely the starter to begin the season. Evidence says he won't do it. I hope BM or HB can come in and challenge him and bring early success. I will have to take a break from the boards if BM or HB play and make a mistake though, as the few JG irrational fans will swarm the boards with their unfounded "I told you so's". I might just say a few words I'll get banned for.
I expect BM to make mistakes. In fact I welcome them. Hb will too until he learns from them as well. It’s like when some people are talking about talent they forget how we all became adults. We became responsible adults from making mistakes and learning from them along the way. It’s how we mature. Qbs are no different. It’s how they became great Hs qbs. They matured within a system. It’s the hardest position to play in all of sports and some mistake mistakes for talent and forget about the TIME it took for them to become what they are today.

I will never judge a freshman or sophomore on film (Hs, college OR pro). The reason for that is because the second half of their career is where you see their talent because the knowledge is already there. The first half they are learning things like the playbook, speed of the game and WRs routes and abilities. Not knowing those things can make you hesitate or second guess yourself. Year 3-4 is where it’s at.

Qb talk/debate never ends no matter where you are or who you root for.
My dude. You, along with others... are saying the exact same thing... over and over and over. The exact same thing. You have said all you need to say. If someone on the other side says something about JG, just remember. You have 100 percent already refuted that claim in 100 other previous posts(not saying you refuted it, just saying you said what you need to say to refute it. Not inserting my opinion on if I think youre right or wrong). Nothing is going to change anyones opinion. Please just ignore it and stop. The moment you stop replying will be the moment you have nothing to reply to. I get this is a forum, and we are here to talk UT football but this **** is just annoying at this point.

Documented. Move along please.

My dude. You, along with others... are saying the exact same thing... over and over and over. The exact same thing. You have said all you need to say. If someone on the other side says something about JG, just remember. You have 100 percent already refuted that claim in 100 other previous posts(not saying you refuted it, just saying you said what you need to say to refute it. Not inserting my opinion on if I think youre right or wrong). Nothing is going to change anyones opinion. Please just ignore it and stop. The moment you stop replying will be the moment you have nothing to reply to. I get this is a forum, and we are here to talk UT football but this **** is just annoying at this point.
I actually DO let a lot of things go without responding to most posters. Truth is, it’s just these two guys that get under my skin but even still it’s not every comment. I apologize for my role to yourself and those that find it annoying and I know I’ve said all I needed to say to cement my position. However I can’t guarantee that I won’t defend a player (no matter who that player is) vs “troll” comments that are just plain false or misdirected. I guess that’s just the “coach” in me. Thank you for being respectful and not singling me out like others have done in the past. For that I WILL try to respect your opinion in the future. Just understand that I’m all about qbs. Always have been and I don’t expect that to change. Qb comparison/evaluation is what I do. So if I fail to fight my natural instinct it will normally be within qb debates.

I actually DO let a lot of things go without responding to most posters. Truth is, it’s just these two guys that get under my skin but even still it’s not every comment. I apologize for my role to yourself and those that find it annoying and I know I’ve said all I needed to say to cement my position. However I can’t guarantee that I won’t defend a player (no matter who that player is) vs “troll” comments that are just plain false or misdirected. I guess that’s just the “coach” in me. Thank you for being respectful and not singling me out like others have done in the past. For that I WILL try to respect your opinion in the future. Just understand that I’m all about qbs. Always have been and I don’t expect that to change. Qb comparison/evaluation is what I do. So if I fail to fight my natural instinct it will normally be within qb debates.
Honestly, I probably shouldn't even ask you guys to stop. This is a vols forum, it's what we are here for.

Wouldn't it be crazy tho...if JG lit it up this season? Dude has been through alot. I would love it if his final season was a great one and fans were happy we had him. He deserves it.

Wouldn't it be crazy tho...if JG lit it up this season? Dude has been through alot. I would love it if his final season was a great one and fans were happy we had him. He deserves it.
He absolutely does! I hope he shuts up every hater and goes out with a “Joe Burrow” bang! I just hope he does it so well that our backups can get some playing time themselves as well.

No I understand. It’s entertaining to some but others it’s annoying. No shame in being part of the annoyed. I get it.
If for whatever reason, bailey plays and looks fantastic, Maurer would probably transfer next year. If that happened, where would you like to see him go?

If for whatever reason, bailey plays and looks fantastic, Maurer would probably transfer next year. If that happened, where would you like to see him go?

GA 5A football =/= SEC college ball

I don't care how good a QB looks in his high school highlight reel; means nothing until he is going up against an SEC defense and can perform at the same level.

I truly hope he does. Hope he has a Crompton-esque transformation. He's a good kid. I think he deserves some redemption and success.

I truly hope he does. Hope he has a Crompton-esque transformation. He's a good kid. I think he deserves some redemption and success.
The kid has put in his time. Hung like a dried booger.
Tough, Tough, Tough
Fans have given him more s%$# than they did Crompton.
I know he will do well in life.
Wish him the best.
Not everyone is Tom Brady.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
He won’t. He’ll compete. Trust me. If he were to transfer it would only be because of things the public doesn’t know or see that are out of his own control. If that were the case I’d like to see him back in Florida somewhere playing for his home state. Although Kiffin and himself seems to be a match. But I wouldn’t expect that. He’s competed against bailey before.

VN Store

Back