JG’s Growth at QB

Please explain how he is better than Maurer in regards to pocket presence. Please explain without using your own absurdly idiotic and biased opinions.

I'm gonna go make some popcorn, sit back and watch. This should be good. You are either going to disappear again, get Pulaski involved or post some foolishness that will take everyone's already low opinion of your posts and drive it even lower.(if that's possible)

Looks like I was spot on..k-town_king simply disappeared again. Predictable...

There are few things in life that are guaranteed. Death, taxes and K town disappearing when he’s lost a battle. IF he responds at all, get ready for his “busy life” excuse.

There are few things in life that are guaranteed. Death, taxes and K town disappearing when he’s lost a battle. IF he responds at all, get ready for his “busy life” excuse.
There is no battle. You guys lost a long time ago.

Sorry to inform you but the way a debate works is one makes a statement that the other counters. When your history of a “busy life” excuse only gets in the way of your responses to non debatable fact...... you sir are the one that lost so long ago.

I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence of JG over Maurer in relation to pocket presence ..... I'll even admit you were right and I was wrong if you can provide pure, unadulterated, unbiased evidence.

Go ahead. The floor is yours

Reactions: Ertel
I'm still waiting for you to provide evidence of JG over Maurer in relation to pocket presence ..... I'll even admit you were right and I was wrong if you can provide pure, unadulterated, unbiased evidence.

He’s not going to respond to that when that’s the reason he disappeared in the first place.

You are fighting a losing battle. This guy can't seem to grasp that there are 10 other players on the field with JG and 11 more on D that kept the game within reach despite JG trying to put it out of reach. He will pick out stats here and there to build his case. He can't be logical.

Anyone who tries and argue JG is the reason TN won their bowl game should be immediately evaluated for mental Illness and instability.

I personally think if we switched qbs before kick-off wed have probably won by 4 touchdowns, but im a little biased towards Peytons

Reactions: PandamoniumReigns
Sorry to inform you but the way a debate works is one makes a statement that the other counters. When your history of a “busy life” excuse only gets in the way of your responses to non debatable fact...... you sir are the one that lost so long ago.

I don't comment everyday all day. Check my post count compared to some others who have been here as long or even shorter. I rarely post past 6 or 7 or on weekends unless it a game thread.

Games, stats, any metric that is used to measure performance. The have been posted. We all know them.

I can tell you a few that prove everything I have said.

46.7% passing 2tds 5ints

I don't comment everyday all day. Check my post count compared to some others who have been here as long or even shorter. I rarely post past 6 or 7 or on weekends unless it a game thread.

Games, stats, any metric that is used to measure performance. The have been posted. We all know them.

46.7% passing 2tds 5ints

1. I've checked your posts as requested. You were posting the same day I made my request of you. You chose to disappear. Because you are wrong. It's a very obvious trend.

2. That stat means zilch in regards to what I asked. You are wrong....again. Time to go Bye Bye again.

Reactions: FLVOL_79

46.7% passing 2tds 5ints
Serious question. I’m not trying to insult you with this question but do you understand what “pocket awareness” is? Posting stats doesn’t prove anything for that argument if you do because pocket awareness is an ability to FEEL pressure without looking at it. You also know as well as anyone that 2 of those 5 ints hit our receivers in their hands. So enough of that.

1. I've checked your posts as requested. You were posting the same day I made my request of you. You chose to disappear. Because you are wrong. It's a very obvious trend.

2. That stat means zilch in regards to what I asked. You are wrong....again. Time to go Bye Bye again.
Was posting them stopped. Wasn't worth my time to respond.

Results speak for themselves.
Serious question. I’m not trying to insult you with this question but do you understand what “pocket awareness” is? Posting stats doesn’t prove anything for that argument if you do because pocket awareness is an ability to FEEL pressure without looking at it. You also know as well as anyone that 2 of those 5 ints hit our receivers in their hands. So enough of that.

We can play the woulda shoulda coulda game with JG too. Then the performance gap between he and BM is even bigger. You don't want to do that.

There were also several should be ints BM threw. You don't count the maybes though.

Was posting them stopped. Wasn't worth my time to respond.

We can play the woulda shoulda coulda game with JG too. Then the performance gap between he and BM is even bigger. You don't want to do that.

There were also several should be ints BM threw. You don't count the maybes though.
Let’s be honest here k town. There were quite a few “should be” ints that JG threw as well. I don’t bring those up either. In fact had the switch never been made he was on pace to match Maurers ints by his third game and we all know it. What you’re failing to realize is I’m not saying Maurer was a “better” qb last year. I’m saying he was different and his upside is tremendous. The team came to life once he stepped in and they fed on his energy. He took the chances downfield that JG has a history of missing or hesitating. He showed pocket awareness that’s been lacking for a while and the accuracy to be a great qb is already there. Accompany that with the fact that he’s fast enough to run away from your defense and suddenly UT isn’t no fun to game plan against. His biggest problem right now is decision making which will naturally get better over time spent in the same offense and playing time. When a team has that kind of opportunity to develop a qb with his overall skill set and a short list of needed improvement YOU DONT PASS IT UP! You try and fix what he lacks and if he can’t get it, THEN you move on.

The regression of JG after a year of no coaching under Chaney is going to be impressive, and not in a good way.

Let’s be honest here k town. There were quite a few “should be” ints that JG threw as well. I don’t bring those up either. In fact had the switch never been made he was on pace to match Maurers ints by his third game and we all know it. What you’re failing to realize is I’m not saying Maurer was a “better” qb last year. I’m saying he was different and his upside is tremendous. The team came to life once he stepped in and they fed on his energy. He took the chances downfield that JG has a history of missing or hesitating. He showed pocket awareness that’s been lacking for a while and the accuracy to be a great qb is already there. Accompany that with the fact that he’s fast enough to run away from your defense and suddenly UT isn’t no fun to game plan against. His biggest problem right now is decision making which will naturally get better over time spent in the same offense and playing time. When a team has that kind of opportunity to develop a qb with his overall skill set and a short list of needed improvement YOU DONT PASS IT UP! You try and fix what he lacks and if he can’t get it, THEN you move on.

It's useless with K-Town. He will spew stats that mean nothing to support an argument he has tried to manipulate. Then when he is backed into a corner that he himself created, he spins the "I'm busy" rhetoric despite posting the very same time that he was "busy". Then tries to change the argument, again. Now it isn't "worth his time" even though he will type out incredibly long arguments simply to troll.

K-Town ....A troll is never too busy, FYI.

I've never seen someone who would rather die screaming that the sky is green Instead of just admitting it is blue. But I think K-town might just be the first.

1Vol - I actually enjoy reading your posts. Insightful and rational.

Reactions: 1vol8
The regression of JG after a year of no coaching under Chaney is going to be impressive, and not in a good way.

With no Jennings and Callaway to fight tooth and nail to come down with those underthrown passes, I wonder what will replace passing efficiency as the most important QB metric for @k-town_king and @PulaskiVolFan ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 'Twitter followers' will then become the most important metric to them at that point.

It's useless with K-Town. He will spew stats that mean nothing to support an argument he has tried to manipulate. Then when he is backed into a corner that he himself created, he spins the "I'm busy" rhetoric despite posting the very same time that he was "busy". Then tries to change the argument, again. Now it isn't "worth his time" even though he will type out incredibly long arguments simply to troll.

K-Town ....A troll is never too busy, FYI.

I've never seen someone who would rather die screaming that the sky is green Instead of just admitting it is blue. But I think K-town might just be the first.

1Vol - I actually enjoy reading your posts. Insightful and rational.
Thank you. I like to think I’m fair in my criticism. I think it was mistake to make it known that I personally know Maurer because now people such as himself believe I’m only pushing him because of that. But if there were someone better I’d admit it. There just simply isn’t on our roster.

With no Jennings and Callaway to fight tooth and nail to come down with those underthrown passes, I wonder what will replace passing efficiency as the most important QB metric for @k-town_king and @PulaskiVolFan ?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say 'Twitter followers' will then become the most important metric to them at that point.
I'm going with "Time of QB possession". It will be a new stat that will let all of us laypeople understand that the longer the QB holds the ball the less likely he is to throw an interception.

But I think Twitter Followers will be #1

I'm going with "Time of QB possession". It will be a new stat that will let all of us laypeople understand that the longer the QB holds the ball the less likely he is to throw an interception.

But I think Twitter Followers will be #1
You are probably right. They will now spin it that the receivers are to blame for JG holding on to the ball too long because they won't get open. so JG is actually doing TN a favor by holding it.

This is an outstanding choice since anyone that has ever seen JG play already knows that he EXCELS in this area. k-town_king will post a link to some stupid PFF article showing that JG leads the nation.

You are probably right. They will now spin it that the receivers are to blame for JG holding on to the ball too long because they won't get open. so JG is actually doing TN a favor by holding it.

Pretty sure that was k-town's defense of JG never throwing a receiver open was that our receivers were too slow and couldn't create separation.

Pretty sure that was k-town's defense of JG never throwing a receiver open was that our receivers were too slow and couldn't create separation.
I think I remember him saying that once or twice tbh. Could’ve been someone else but I know I’ve read it.

One thing is certain. Before last season his MAJOR defense of JG was poor Oline play. How could anyone disagree back then? He hasn’t brought that up in about a year now. 🤔

VN Store

Back