Jerod Mayo drafted 10th by the Patriots

The next time somebody wants to talk about the grand ESPN conspiracy against Tennessee, they should be forced to watch Kiper, Mortenson, Young, and Berman fall all over each other slobbering about how wonderful Mayo is on a continuous loop.

Good call Hat..:thumbsup:

this?

20050914_loRes_XLH1.jpg

+1

I don't know, about half way in the season, Mayo turned into a full MONSTER. The young man picked his game up big time.

I don't know, about half way in the season, Mayo turned into a full MONSTER. The young man picked his game up big time.

He attributed that to the growing pains of making the move inside. That was probably his eventual biggest selling point (the fact that he has proven his ability to play any LB spot) in the draft.

Too bad Mayo will be playing for the biggest prick of a coach in professional sports--and a big-time cheater too. Gawd do I hate bellichick.

It would have been smart for guys like Rashad Baker and Jon Hefney to have done what Mayo did. I appreciate their loyalty, but they gave up a lot of money to come back and wear the orange for their senior seasons.
You have to strike when the iron is hot. There are no guarantees that you will improve your draft stock from jr to sr year (see Brian Brohm). People kill me when they criticize these kids for leaving early... they could be leaving millions of dollars on the table depending on the decision they make their junior year.

Well, like most here, I dislike the Patriots, but you have to respect what that program stands for and it speaks highly of Jerod that they targeted him as "their guy" and he didn't just fall to their pick by happenstance.

Good program? You mean the team that had to cheat to win their 3 Super Bowls by less than FG each?

Personally....I don't believe in winning at all costs if sportsmanship and integrity are part of that cost....

Plus Belichick is the biggest s***bag in the history of the NFL...(i.e. watch the end of this years Super Bowl)

I truly believed that this years NFL season was proof that God didn't care who won...that is until that wonderful Super Bowl

I hope he never makes a tackle :p

I don't like the patriots either, but J. Mayo going #10 is fabulous...for him and the VOL program. I hope he looks All Pro first year in.

PS I like your avatar, but what would you say if in 3 years Berry went to a team you did not like (Oh I'm sorry, EB will probably be gone in 2 years).

I was thrilled for Jerod...way to go Mayo!

GO VOLS:rock:

I don't like the patriots either, but J. Mayo going #10 is fabulous...for him and the VOL program. I hope he looks All Pro first year in.

PS I like your avatar, but what would you say if in 3 years Berry went to a team you did not like (Oh I'm sorry, EB will probably be gone in 2 years).

I was thrilled for Jerod...way to go Mayo!

GO VOLS:rock:

I was sorta joking, I hope he does good. However, as long as he is with the Pats, it wouldn't bother me if he never won a game.
Berry will be here for three more years, you got to have faith lol. If Berry were to go the Pats then I would feel the same way I do about Mayo.

I was sorta joking, I hope he does good. However, as long as he is with the Pats, it wouldn't bother me if he never won a game.
Berry will be here for three more years, you got to have faith lol. If Berry were to go the Pats then I would feel the same way I do about Mayo.

You won't have to worry about him not winning a game. As long as Brady and Moss are there, they will win a few for Mayo. :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back