Jerod Mayo drafted 10th by the Patriots

Four games into the 2007 season I would have laughed at the thought of Mayo going in the first round, much less in the first ten picks.

He is not a 3-4 LB I don't think this was a wise decision for the Pats.

Belichick seems to think he is (based on the comments he just made) so I'll trust him a bit more. :thumbsup:

Plus Bill just said UT was a good program :p (I hate him a bit less)

I'm happy to see that Jerod will be making a TON of money. Not coming back to UT for his senior year turned out to be a brilliant move.Too bad it had to be the Patriots instead of the Titans or Colts.

The next time somebody wants to talk about the grand ESPN conspiracy against Tennessee, they should be forced to watch Kiper, Mortenson, Young, and Berman fall all over each other slobbering about how wonderful Mayo is on a continuous loop.

It would have been smart for guys like Rashad Baker and Jon Hefney to have done what Mayo did. I appreciate their loyalty, but they gave up a lot of money to come back and wear the orange for their senior seasons.

I'm happy to see that Jerod will be making a TON of money. Not coming back to UT for his senior year turned out to be a brilliant move.Too bad it had to be the Patriots instead of the Titans or Colts.

Well, like most here, I dislike the Patriots, but you have to respect what that program stands for and it speaks highly of Jerod that they targeted him as "their guy" and he didn't just fall to their pick by happenstance.

It would have been smart for guys like Rashad Baker and Jon Hefney to have done what Mayo did. I appreciate their loyalty, but they gave up a lot of money to come back and wear the orange for their senior seasons.

He and Brian Brohm can cry on each other's shoulders...

I agree though, I don't know where Hefney would have gone, but he could have marketed himself nicely as a return-man, in tandem with Ted Ginn, Jr did after Devin Hester did what he did.

The next time somebody wants to talk about the grand ESPN conspiracy against Tennessee, they should be forced to watch Kiper, Mortenson, Young, and Berman fall all over each other slobbering about how wonderful Mayo is on a continuous loop.
My Magic are a lil turnover happy today. Trey is cold to:cray:

Well, like most here, I dislike the Patriots, but you have to respect what that program stands for

this?

20050914_loRes_XLH1.jpg

VN Store

Back