*****Jeremy Pruitt weekly press conference at noon (Notes and Video)

According to a lot of you all's logic, Dabo Swinney should never be a head coach. He was promoted mid year from coordinator and posted a 4-3 record. Next year went 9-5. Then the next year 6-7. Volnation would have wanted to fire him. He's won 10 games each season since

Reactions: jlawso21
He is not over his head. He is coaching as well as I have seen, save Kiffin against Bama. Kiffin played players with heart, because he wanted to win.

Don't know many fans upset with how the Vols played that game.

Behr and Josh. I have no animosity with fans who have hope and see great potential in CJP. Im glad yall still have hope after the decade of despair.
Where i differ is when people get their panties twisted because they dont want to agree with concerns seen on the field. And then we get excuses (which may be valid) and a mantra of "he's the man/great coach".
I somehow missed this...

I don't and have never thought you had any animosity towards anyone.

Not sure but you may have misunderstood, maybe it was my fault. I'm not convinced Pruitt will be a great coach, I just lean towards his resume saying he should be. If anything, I have more doubt now than ever, but I still haven't made up my mind.

I think he was handed a bigger cluster Fawk than most understand. I also believe if he was "The Man", we wouldn't have screwed the pooch as bad as we did Saturday night. That said, I'm not there everyday and I have no clue what is actually happening. Oh, and unlike a bunch of people here, I'm not a know it all NCAA Football Coach.

Haha, but everyone has a right to their opinion, just a whole bunch of people act like opinions are like orgasms, they got theirs and mine don't matter. Is what it is.

I don't let this stuff get to me like I used to, I know I can't do one thing about it. Anything I could have done, I have.

Reactions: jakez4ut and McDad
I somehow missed this...

I don't and have never thought you had any animosity towards anyone.

Not sure but you may have misunderstood, maybe it was my fault. I'm not convinced Pruitt will be a great coach, I just lean towards his resume saying he should be. If anything, I have more doubt now than ever, but I still haven't made up my mind.

I think he was handed a bigger cluster Fawk than most understand. I also believe if he was "The Man", we wouldn't have screwed the pooch as bad as we did Saturday night. That said, I'm not there everyday and I have no clue what is actually happening. Oh, and unlike a bunch of people here, I'm not a know it all NCAA Football Coach.

Haha, but everyone has a right to their opinion, just a whole bunch of people act like opinions are like orgasms, they got theirs and mine don't matter. Is what it is.

I don't let this stuff get to me like I used to, I know I can't do one thing about it. Anything I could have done, I have.
Pruitt sux and so do you! ;)

Reactions: Behr

bec08f8b5e445395741a4126f23a9d19.gif

Reactions: McDad
I know we haven't really seen in on the field yet but I feel like Pruitt is the first real coach we've had at the helm since Fulmer. After listening to Dooley and Butch speak for the past 10 years, it seems obvious that Pruitt knows what he's talking about and that he knows what needs to happen to get us to a winning level. It's like coach Rumph said recently...it's an ugly baby right now but we have to nurture it and teach it and help it learn and grow.

I know this year is going to be terrible but I feel like we are finally headed in the right direction. Once he gets players in here that want to fight to win and also take what is being taught to them in practice and put it on the field, then I think we will see that he truly knows what it takes to get back to the top of the SEC.

Go Vols!

VN Store

Back