Jeremy Pruitt still 'absolutely' thinks Jarrett Guarantano gives Vols best chance to win

This has to be psychologically devastating for the other QBs on the team to watch JG's poor performance and then be told that what you witnessed is better than anything you could do out there. No wonder they have little confidence and show little development.
How much development can you actually exhibit at the end of a game with the threat of being hooked at the slightest hitch in your delivery? Meanwhile the senior can put on a clinic of what NOT to do as a QB and not take an iota of flak.

I used to laugh at the conspiracy theory, but I'm really starting to think Pruitt wants to get fired.

I didn't think that for the longest, but I don't see how anyone could be that stupid and act the way he has. After all, JP is going to walk away with millions. Maybe we are the stupid ones.

Just watched the replay on the pick 6 and JG’s effort to catch Monday. He gave up on the 45 yard line with Monday parallel to him about 10 yards inside. Probably would not have caught him but hell, 40 years ago when I played , you chased the guy until he crossed the end zone in case something unusual happened. Attitudes and effort have changed since then.
You only have to go back 4 YEARS(feels like an eternity) to find the effort you're talking about. The tennessee vs Texas a and m game where Malik Foreman punches the ball out before the runner crossed the goal line to causing a touchback, giving us the ball back. We ended scoring and going to OT. I was so proud of that team even with all the mistakes because they fought till the end.

I will get ridiculed for this but Im gonna say it. I think someone above Pruitt is making the final decision on JG. Think about it, why would Pruitt sink his own resume by continuously sending that clown out there. I think hes taking the bullet for somebody maybe thats the reason behind the extension. I will hang up and yall can let me have it.

Why cant that be put in?

You can, but they choose not to. If a coach, especially with no hc experience doesn't take it move on to someone else; because it says they don't have confidence in their abilities as a hc. I would look at it different if we were hiring a proven winner in the sec.

I will get ridiculed for this but Im gonna say it. I think someone above Pruitt is making the final decision on JG. Think about it, why would Pruitt sink his own resume by continuously sending that clown out there. I think hes taking the bullet for somebody maybe thats the reason behind the extension. I will hang up and yall can let me have it.

May have a point but even with a 2 yr extension he is setting the team back at least 2 or more years, because a good qb would not want to come here to sit on the bench even if they were out performing the starter. Bailey already looks better than jg, with very little practice time.

Why in the world would Salter want to come here unless Pruitt has all but guaranteed he'd be the starter after JG left, even over HB

I wonder the same thing, of course he is not here yet, and I have a feeling he won't be here. But I hope I am wrong.

Why in the world would Salter want to come here unless Pruitt has all but guaranteed he'd be the starter after JG left, even over HB
If Pruitt let's JG back next year and continues
playing him with his retarded reasoning of him being the best in practice,, Salter won't be here
very long. You can go to the bank on that

I'm not even kidding when I say Butch had to pay him, and he's blackmailing to start😂

Very good point which is why Pruitt says he gives us the best chance to win, meaning if we were disciplined for recruiting violations and cut our recruits or given the death penalty; we would be in trouble, and also explain Pruitts decisions.

Reactions: joevol33
You only have to go back 4 YEARS(feels like an eternity) to find the effort you're talking about. The tennessee vs Texas a and m game where Malik Foreman punches the ball out before the runner crossed the goal line to causing a touchback, giving us the ball back. We ended scoring and going to OT. I was so proud of that team even with all the mistakes because they fought till the end.
I remember trust. There are isolated plays where effort is there but generally I do not see it very often. Our poor tackling is the perfect example. Everyone is trying to arm tackle guys instead of using the properly taught firm by putting your shoulder on a guys hip and wrapping up.

The only logical explanation is JG is getting paid to throw games. And JG and JP are both on the take. Nothing else can explain why JG is still traveling with the team.
JG might college level academically smart
but football smarts has none. He wouldn't
know how to throw a game. He wants to
be the qb no matter what. An older person
could face reality and bench themselves for the good of the team but he is basically a spoiled child and doesn't care what happens as long as he plays and when he doesn't he sulls up like a 2-year-old.

The only logical explanation is JG is getting paid to throw games. And JG and JP are both on the take. Nothing else can explain why JG is still traveling with the team.
could face reality and bench themselves for the good of the team but he is basically a spoiled child and doesn't care what happens as long as he plays and when he doesn't he sulls up like a 2-year-old.

Sorry for the double post. It didn't post right
away.my mistake.

No player is going to bench themselves, they're always thinking they can find a way to pull it out even when all hope is gone and they know it but they still keep trying.
I'll give you that he sulks on the side line but it's Pruitt job to pull players that aren't performing and for some reason he's not willing to do that with JG.
The guy should've been benched a long time ago.
IMO Pruitt is the one that needs to face reality and do what's good for the team but won't because if HB gets out there and start lighting it up it means Pruitt was wrong in JG gives us the best chance to win.

Reactions: Chippo

VN Store

Back