Jeremy Pruitt still 'absolutely' thinks Jarrett Guarantano gives Vols best chance to win

Just watched the replay on the pick 6 and JG’s effort to catch Monday. He gave up on the 45 yard line with Monday parallel to him about 10 yards inside. Probably would not have caught him but hell, 40 years ago when I played , you chased the guy until he crossed the end zone in case something unusual happened. Attitudes and effort have changed since then.

IIRC it looked like he could have thrown his body in Smoke's direction and at least given effort to knock him out of bounds. I know there were a couple of blockers between JG and Smoke, but he gave zero effort to bring him down.

I won’t say he’s completely incompetent but there has got to be a method to this madness. Either he’s a worse tyrant than Jones ever thought about being or Tennessee QB room is worse than a landfill.

Reactions: tbh
I feel absolutely deflated. So many teams playing good ball this year (Indiana and Northwestern for starters) and we totally suck.

Reactions: JPL
I know it’s hard for people to accept it but JG is the best QB on the roster. We should all be hoping he comes back for another year.

I know it’s hard for people to accept it but JG is the best QB on the roster. We should all be hoping he comes back for another year.
I hope you're joking, if not you need the same mental treatment Pruitt does. Bailey in 4-5 series has looked better than jg in his 4-5 years. Period. No offense 😁

This has to be psychologically devastating for the other QBs on the team to watch JG's poor performance and then be told that what you witnessed is better than anything you could do out there. No wonder they have little confidence and show little development.

VN Store

Back