Jeremy Pruitt 1:30pm press conference. Link and discussion.

Not sure what “both sides” means.

Here’s what we know about JJ....

1. He was arrested last January for drug possession

2. After being injured the first game last season vs GaTech, he was persona non grata, pretty much went AWOL, didn’t support his teammates the rest of the season

3. Posted the profanity-laced Instagram video, exercising awful judgment and displaying an utter lack of maturity and class

4. Others who cover the program have said there are many other incidents with JJ that have not been made public. This wouldn’t be his “second chance”, it’d be more like his “9th or 10th chance”.

Again, like I said earlier, if PF and JP decide to reinstate the guy, then fine, I’ll trust them 100% and know that we’ve added a good, playmaking wr back to the roster. But from the outside looking in as a fan, I think I can see why they wouldn’t reinstate him and I’d be fine with that too.

Even if JJ is reinstated, he'll not play another down for Tennessee. He will do something in the next 9 months to insure that.

Reactions: 1 person
Of course he doesn’t need to play catch up. The whole notion by some posters was ridiculous, my question was simply pointing that ridiculousness out.

Your notion that .5x is greater than x is the ridiculous notion.

He literally joked in today's presser that he needs to work on learning names in the complex. While that is a menial task, it is true and literally points out there are things to do, that he delayed doing.

NOTE - this is NOT implying irreparable harm, your go to move. But to believe he would not be further along at this point had he committed X time rather than .5x time, is asinine.

Hurd was toxic because the coach allowed it.

Funny how Butch quit on the team too with two games left after he put the program in the ditch and it had lost all momentum.

How about Preston Williams? Venzell Boulware? Incredible how many quit the team in the middle of the season when they were playing. What about the pi$$ poor attitude that we saw from JG in the 1st game. I don't think I have ever seen that on the sidelines where a players just don't interact in the QB huddle.

Just a guess but I think Jones was the issue to all the above. Now the program can heal.

Reactions: 2 people
The audience was the players.

He said in response to a question about recruiting:

We need people that can play every position.
We have to get the numbers [of players at each position] right.

Those two sentences tell players they are part of a system designed to win. They can win if they go where they are needed.

Did anyone ask when he gets his ring from Alabama?

That's going to be the most critical factor in recruiting going forward according to some on here. LOL

He wants to be drafted. Why else try to return to the team. Now he knows that his leash is short so he will not be an issue. Also he will play hard in order to get drafted. Also Pruitt will likely not tolerate b s. Lastly any further issues on or off the field will hurt his draft status.
He has too much at stake to play around

Well stated. If Jennings has any sense at all, he will toe the line and work his butt off. If he is the difference in one or two games it is worth it to suit him up. Too many of the current squad are barely serviceable and SEC ballplayers must be found ASAP. Jennings threw a TD to Dobbs and is one of the most versatile offensive players available.

If by “some” you mean the air coming out of your troll ass. :lol:

Amazing how easy it is to hook you in these fishing expeditions.

And despite your non stop smarmy attitude, there were a lot of people touting that Bama and Pruitt winning the title would somehow help with recruiting on here.

I’ve defended JJ but... the dude technically quit the team imo. Yes he was “kicked off” but the dude wasn’t around practice or on the sidelines after the first game. I could see why the team wouldn’t exactly like that.

Ultimately you ask the guys on the team if they want him to have a second chance or not. It’s that simple.

I hear you but a college football team is not a democracy.

Well stated. If Jennings has any sense at all, he will toe the line and work his butt off. If he is the difference in one or two games it is worth it to suit him up. Too many of the current squad are barely serviceable and SEC ballplayers must be found ASAP. Jennings threw a TD to Dobbs and is one of the most versatile offensive players available.

I hear both of you guys but I'll bet my farm that, if allowed back, he will not make it to fall camp. He has never seen the hard-core, disciplined approach to football coming this team's way. When he sees the work he has to put in and that it's not all about him anymore, he will bail...or be strongly encouraged to transfer.

Amazing how easy it is to hook you in these fishing expeditions.

And despite your non stop smarmy attitude, there were a lot of people touting that Bama and Pruitt winning the title would somehow help with recruiting on here.
Nice bait and switch there. Now it’s “a lot of people touting” and “somehow”! :w00t: The “smarmy” recognize their own. “Amazing” that you needed to lie when you baited your hook, you cunning puppet master you! NO ONE stated that Pruitt winning a ring would be the “most critical factor in recruiting”. “Some” saw it as a benefit in pitching our coach to a recruit. I respect you enough to assume you recall that in your soulless troll little head...therefore and thusly, you’re a certifiable liar. :lol:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

He literally joked in today's presser that he needs to work on learning names in the complex. While that is a menial task, it is true and literally points out there are things to do, that he delayed doing.

NOTE - this is NOT implying irreparable harm, your go to move. But to believe he would not be further along at this point had he committed X time rather than .5x time, is asinine.

Oh no, he needs to learn names in the complex?? That’s it, we’re going 4-8 again. Way to go Pruitt. If you had only been here learning names we might be able to go to a bowl next year.

I hear both of you guys but I'll bet my farm that, if allowed back, he will not make it to fall camp. He has never seen the hard-core, disciplined approach to football coming this team's way. When he sees the work he has to put in and that it's not all about him anymore, he will bail...or be strongly encouraged to transfer.

:clapping: I sure hope this is the style CJP implements! Hope you are correct as we will soon see.

Oh no, he needs to learn names in the complex?? That’s it, we’re going 4-8 again. Way to go Pruitt. If you had only been here learning names we might be able to go to a bowl next year.

“What’s his name! Get in there and replace what’s his face? Tell that guy there to call timeout at the 30 second mark, so whatever that guy does can kick a field goal!”

Reactions: 2 people

Good grief, if this is a major point in all your whining you do not have much to say! Complaining because he does not know names yet!:thud::loco:

Good grief, if this is a major point in all your whining you do not have much to say! Complaining because he does not know names yet!:thud::loco:

I hope you are not an adult. For that to be the item you grasped, I would think it impossible for you to be above 8.

You too? Wow, you function lower than I believed.

If you can't be serious or honest, then drop it.

You had to use the post above to redirect, because you have no foundation to argue on.

I hope you are not an adult. For that to be the item you grasped, I would think it impossible for you to be above 8.

:lolabove: From this think tank mission statement!
tenor.gif

Reactions: 6 people

You had to use the post above to redirect, because you have no foundation to argue on.

You’re too easily triggered. You’re literally mad over absolutely nothing.

Reactions: 4 people
Leave it up to John Adams to ask a question about Alabama and Georgia. :ermm:

I mean that's what all us Tennessee fans where wanting to know was what he thought about those QB's. :thud:

Are you a Debbie downer or just a negative Nancy. Matters not you just try to stir sh!t with your worthless drivel.

VN Store

Back